Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Do you happen to have a picture of said tumbler?
Said Tumbler is still in the process - I have a couple of tweaks and then apply the mesh - couple more hours - but those hours will be tomorrow!!! I have a pic of the bones but...
Altho the last two days temps were brutal, the damn fans went all day and I spent most of the time throwing wood in the furnace, I am anxious for one more day of -25 C just to run this stuff thru again . It will be interesting to compare yields.

Sent you a bunch of stuff on CCO before
Hey Joe.....(and everytime I do that, I do it like Jimmi Hendrix)
I was afraid you got scott mixed up with me .... cause...I asked a BUNCH of questions about this process!! :hmmmm::thedoubletake::hmmmm::ciao::rofl:

Hey Joe.....(and everytime I do that, I do it like Jimmi Hendrix)
I was afraid you got scott mixed up with me .... cause...I asked a BUNCH of questions about this process!! :hmmmm::thedoubletake::hmmmm::ciao::rofl:
No we got it straightened.
Pretty easy process
Just need a day or 2 of -20 or below , freeze everything, do a quick wash 5 min, pour off using window screen to filter, then filter thru 2 coffee filters. I filtered it a second time, this time to see if it makes a difference. then distill to recover alcohol
I wash it twice. the peanut butter jar is for filtering with the window screen. I turn the mason jar upside down in it & let drip dry in the cold
Make lots of trips out or set up lots of filtering funnels because the double coffee filtering takes
a while, first time round
I do this in my greenhouse to stay out of the wind

If you leave it soak for a long period of time & your alcohol turns green, you can leave it in the cold & sun to bleach out some of the chlorophyl.

edit: Watch some episodes of moonshiners or moonshiners master distillers to understand the process of distillation.

Pretty easy process
Just need a day or 2 of -20 or below , freeze everything, do a quick wash 5 min, pour off using window screen to filter, then filter thru 2 coffee filters. I filtered it a second time, this time to see if it makes a difference. then distill to recover alcohol
I wash it twice. the peanut butter jar is for filtering with the window screen. I turn the mason jar upside down in it & let drip dry in the cold
Make lots of trips out or set up lots of filtering funnels because the double coffee filtering takes
a while, first time round
I do this in my greenhouse to stay out of the wind

If you leave it soak for a long period of time & your alcohol turns green, you can leave it in the cold & sun to bleach out some of the chlorophyl.

edit: Watch some episodes of moonshiners or moonshiners master distillers to understand the process of distillation.

you dont want chlorophyll .. can be filter out washing an alcohol soln with it though activated carbon filter...

i use to specialize in making the hash oil .. down in the top secret basement laboratory.. cant get the solvents i need now.. to make the good stuff.. technician dubie gone wild...

Pretty easy process
Sorry - I was talkin' about this "Cold Shake" method - so far I like it !! But just so you know, I'm also working on a small mason jar "still" but it has been sidelined as I totally perfect this little tumbler gizmo (which I am building just so I can picture you shaking your head and rolling your eyes!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)
I'm pretty new to all this stuff and my poor old addled brain don't multitask so good!!!!:hmmmm:

OK Guys - My Winter Hash Tumbler....full story in my signature... I shall call her "Rollita"!!!!
DSC05746.JPG

OK Guys - My Winter Hash Tumbler....full story in my signature... I shall call her "Rollita"!!!!
DSC05746.JPG
Freakin' AWESOME, Brother! :yahoo:

How many microns is that mesh? Too stoned and lazy to scroll to hell and back. :rofl::lot-o-toke:

I have a CO2 extinguisher that needs to be filled. Buying the ice blocks is costly and as I learned my first and only time. If you don't use it, you lose it! :rip:

The only smaller that I know of is a 25. You must get less but a much greater quality, but a hell of alot of turning.

Kudos! :thumb:

i like 90 micron bags for rosin taste bit better than 120..

both of these would be good choice

My Mountain Gold seeds arrived today. Plus a tree was planted because of my order. Plant cannabis, save the planet, what could be better.

IMG_20230207_122408976.jpg

IMG_20230207_121157961.jpg

well hopefully god willing you dont have 10 male seeds :) ... are you going to breed some seeds?

i find i get lots of seeds from fem seeds but the 2nd generations has much less seed.. just from what ive experienced
over a few orders of fem seeds..

they say 940 nm infra red light is great for fighting covid need more near IR light in the tent .. sit and chill good for u
940 nm light can penetrate deep if there is not alot of fat upto 8 cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats reaching lung tissue!!!!!

did you know the suns... energies in light waves

7% in the uvs , 39 % in the visible range, 53% in the 700 - 3000nm ir range..

Just have a think !

well hopefully god willing you dont have 10 male seeds :) ... are you going to breed some seeds?

i find i get lots of seeds from fem seeds but the 2nd generations has much less seed.. just from what ive experienced
over a few orders of fem se
I'll probably breed it with some of my crosses to get a super cross poly-hybrid sativa. This one is supposed to be a strong earlier flowering sativa of the highest order. Generally I don't do F2 crosses, but you never know. Here is a description of Mountain Gold from Seedfinder:

"Using the unique to Green Mountain Seeds Highland Oaxacan Gold crossed with the Hawaiian Sativa a decedent and IBL of Kona Gold. Another very early super pure Sativa bred for outdoor mega production adapted to northern climes coming in as early as end of Sept to Oct 15 erupted.

The Oaxacan after over 4 decades of adaptation and selection, again has proven to be an outstanding breeding tool to bringing down flowering time while locking in her unique cannabinoid profile insuring potency of the highest order. As the Hawaiian brings in a touch of her own sweetness, while contributing the Hawaiian's original awesome class of cerebral clarity. Not to mention buds as big as a mans arm!"

Freakin' AWESOME, Brother! :yahoo:

How many microns is that mesh? Too stoned and lazy to scroll to hell and back. :rofl::lot-o-toke:

I have a CO2 extinguisher that needs to be filled. Buying the ice blocks is costly and as I learned my first and only time. If you don't use it, you lose it! :rip:
Just out of curiosity. Have you tried throwing in some small hard objest like marbles or washers? I wouldn't suggest nuts or anything that's threaded, they would trap too many triches.
I tried it with my second batch of bubble-hash before washing, got twice the amount of kief.

Back
Top Bottom