Canadian Growers Group & Friends

So amazing the availability of seeds today. I was reading a market report that said cannabis seed sales should be worth $6.5 billion by 2031. When I check out the news I wouldn't count on anything even 5 years out. Just couldn't help it and picked up two muti packs. Biscotti, Chocolate Mint OG and Chocolope. Should be making them!

im going into the seed business going to release for free................................ knock the crap out of the market !!!!

very over priced seed banks..

So amazing the availability of seeds today. I was reading a market report that said cannabis seed sales should be worth $6.5 billion by 2031. When I check out the news I wouldn't count on anything even 5 years out. Just couldn't help it and picked up two muti packs. Biscotti, Chocolate Mint OG and Chocolope. Should be making them!
Yes my fear is seeds will be copyrighted and end up in the hands of multinationals like Monsanto. That's why I'm trying to collect all landrace seeds for the future. Those genetics are priceless! Don't let big business take control.

Yes my fear is seeds will be copyrighted and end up in the hands of multinationals like Monsanto. That's why I'm trying to collect all landrace seeds for the future. Those genetics are priceless! Don't let big business take control.

that will not happen unless the USA drops marijuana off that list of the most dangerous drugs worst coke an herion ..

not much is going to happen till then.. a few months before that happens be good time to speculate in the
related stocks...

I'd argue there should be protections like copyrights and trademarks. (if they are awarded to the right people)
People are stealing from each other and impersonating each others work.
Even seedbanks start their own knock offs of popular strains.
Don't get me wrong, imitations alternatives have their place but how hard is it to call your strain something else?
It's not even possible to replicate the breeding work of another breeder unless you're crossing the exact same plants.

All I see is people stealing from each other and impersonating each others work.
It's really contrary to the peaceful loving stoner niche we try to fit in, no?
Not that I have a solution ready to offer, but the current state of the seed market is sad to me.
The only way that will stop is when big business steals the genetic strains and copywrites them and stops everyone from having them they will genetically modify them to germinate once and not seed and make them clone proof ,they will have deep pockets for litigation if they can't achieve one of the pre mentioned tactics .
We either just embrace and put up with how it currently is or we all get screwed.
I don't see any middle ground working 💁‍♂️

I edited to clarify a bit but you quoted me lol.
Ya, it's a tough situation. There's decades of stuff that should be proprietary but probably can't be.
And the people who deserve to be holding rights probably wont be when the industry evolves.
I can kind of recognize that there's pros and cons to how things are now.
but really if you're breeding just call your thing something else.

I edited to clarify a bit but you quoted me lol.
Ya, it's a tough situation. There's decades of stuff that should be proprietary but probably can't be.
And the people who deserve to be holding rights probably wont be when the industry evolves.
I can kind of recognize that there's pros and cons to how things are now.
but really if you're breeding just call your thing something else.
Problem is people are greedy and lazy and capitalise off other people's hard work.
Sadly

The only way that will stop is when big business steals the genetic strains and copywrites them and stops everyone from having them they will genetically modify them to germinate once and not seed and make them clone proof ,they will have deep pockets for litigation if they can't achieve one of the pre mentioned tactics .
We either just embrace and put up with how it currently is or we all get screwed.
I don't see any middle ground working 💁‍♂️

well just smoke the evidence eh!!!!

"As plant breeders and seed companies turn to heirloom and landrace seeds to develop new varieties, it is important to recognize the intellectual property of Indigenous seed keepers who developed those varieties through generations of careful selection."Jun 30, 2023
Beyond that most claims to intellectual property is nothing but pure fuckery ........ imo, nothing humble about it. :)

"As plant breeders and seed companies turn to heirloom and landrace seeds to develop new varieties, it is important to recognize the intellectual property of Indigenous seed keepers who developed those varieties through generations of careful selection."Jun 30, 2023
Beyond that most claims to intellectual property is nothing but pure fuckery ........ imo, nothing humble about it. :)
Absolutely agreed. If you ever watch the documenatry on Youtube called "Strain Hunters" it's about a few guys who started Greenhouse Seeds going to far-flung places who find heirloom and landrace seeds from local indigenous people and trade their fancy polyhybrid seeds with them. They take the indigenous seeds home for their seed bank and the hybrid seeds they traded then pollute the genetics of local ones forever, thus giving the Strain Hunter guys the proprietary control of the100% pure indigenous seed. Quite diabolical.

These people will argue the locals get higher THC seeds that are better for the local cannabis trade and bring in more money to those communities. They don't appear to ever explain the necessity of keeping the local seeds pure, and something that may well benefit the local people in the long term and IS their birthright. They've stolen it from and destroyed it for the local indigenous people at the same time. They don't appear to have any conscience about it in the docs they do. That's why I buy from seed companies that work to preserve the local genetics and work collaboratively with the indigenous people.

i could but its not the same as the enjoyment of smoking a tasty dubie ... Doc said i have to stop or die..
So sorry to hear about that DD. That's horrible news! There's a moderator on this site who has had the same thing (problem with his lungs), his name is Tangwena and the thread is

Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis​

He can't smoke anymore, his lungs are toast, but after fermenting the cannabis he eats it and says it is an extraordinary high, quite different from unfermented cannabis. Perhaps that may be something to consider. Just saying...

my bush.. this could be my last grow as i have stopped smoking marijuana 19 days now.. feels great!!!

I just got back from a 3week holiday in Belize and never smoked any pot for just over 3 weeks. Rolled a cob joint on arrival home and it was stronger than prior to my holiday. Giving your lungs a rest is always rewarding.....

So sorry to hear about the DD. That's horrible news! There's a moderator on this site who has had the same thing (problem with his lungs), his name is Tangwena and the thread is

Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis​

He can't smoke anymore, his lungs are toast, but after fermenting the cannabis he eats it and says it is an extraordinary high, quite different from unfermented cannabis. Perhaps that may be something to consider. Just saying...

i know how to make potent cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super potent high

Back
Top Bottom