Canadian LP'S experience

Hi Hash Girl. I don't remember which one but I think at least 1 existing LP claims to be organic.

There is one coming in Ontario that will be organic and pesticide free. Ill let you know when its up and running.

Does anyone know if there are any ethical LPs, i.e. ones that grow safely, don't use pesticides, respect the product, actually produces medicine rather than just strains that get you high, doesn't sell out to the highest bidder, has a good variety of in-stock balanced cannabinoid strains, e.g. 5% THC and 5% CBD, etc.? I may be switching soon. I'm currently with Tweed.

Hi Hash Girl. I don't remember which one but I think at least 1 existing LP claims to be organic.

There is one coming in Ontario that will be organic and pesticide free. Ill let you know when its up and running.
I tried Tweed and found them useless. I was with Aphria til I applied for my grow permit then my clinic dropped me and Aphria went bye-bye. Aphria to me was the best here in Ontario, although likely not organic. They had multiple types of tinctures (Which is what I needed them for). I'm presently signed up with Broken Coast but after 3 weeks of not hearing from them, Ill be going back to Aphria pretty soon if this keeps up..We should open up our own L.P. and treat people right, and ask for customer input.......wanna be a millionaire lol?!

I read last week that Canada's 4 main LPs topped 170% in company growth since 2016......ridonc!

I'm presently signed up with Broken Coast but after 3 weeks of not hearing from them, Ill be going back to Aphria pretty soon if this keeps up

Give them time or call them. Their admin is really slow. My sign up took 10 days or so with them while Tweed was overnight.

Ian

Give them time or call them. Their admin is really slow. My sign up took 10 days or so with them while Tweed was overnight.

Ian
What about can trust Ian, have you heard any good or bad things about them? More than anything, as I said I'm relying them for my tinctures and they have a very comprable one, as do most..... to the one I'm presently using. Have you heard anything about them, good or bad?

No, I know nothing about them.

My logic is to try to position myself with 2 LPs in the hopes of maintaining supply come July 1. I hope to have grow stock as well, of course but just in case . . . . A lot of med users will probably order big in May/June to tide themselves over. At the same time, the various Cannabis boards will be placing their stock orders.

And I also expect a similar run on grow supplies so I will stock up there as well.

Ian

No, I know nothing about them.

My logic is to try to position myself with 2 LPs in the hopes of maintaining supply come July 1. I hope to have grow stock as well, of course but just in case . . . . A lot of med users will probably order big in May/June to tide themselves over. At the same time, the various Cannabis boards will be placing their stock orders.

And I also expect a similar run on grow supplies so I will stock up there as well.

Ian
For sure, good advice.

Interesting news. I saw a brief mention of this a few days ago on a financial site:

"Under the joint venture, Ontario's Canopy Growth will give ownership stakes in one of its wholly owned licensed medical marijuana producers to Amsterdam's Green House Brands and Denver-based Organa Brands.

In exchange for a stake in Agripharm, Green House and Organa Brands have granted an exclusive, royalty-free licence to the Ontario cultivator to use their technology, trademarks, genetics and other intellectual property." Source: MBD

So we will have Green House seed strains grown at Canopy's Agripharm . . . and Organa will make vape pens & edibles when allowed from the same stock . . .

Ian

Hey HG,

This won't help right now but it is looking like the FEDS are going to open the types of LPs to include small and craft growers. I think this is good news, especially for the medicinal side of cannabis here in Canada.

Also outdoor growing looks to be in. So all you farmers, get ready to switch your crops. (FYI: hemp farmers get about $20,000 per metric tonne, about 2 cents per gram)

Peace. :peace:

Does anyone know if there are any ethical LPs, i.e. ones that grow safely, don't use pesticides, respect the product, actually produces medicine rather than just strains that get you high, doesn't sell out to the highest bidder, has a good variety of in-stock balanced cannabinoid strains, e.g. 5% THC and 5% CBD, etc.? I may be switching soon. I'm currently with Tweed.

Hey HG,

This won't help right now but it is looking like the FEDS are going to open the types of LPs to include small and craft growers. I think this is good news, especially for the medicinal side of cannabis here in Canada.

Except . . . you can't buy it from them. The way the regs read is that they can't sell to retailers or anyone other than an LP. Like Canada's Island's arrangement with Tweed.

Ian

Except . . . you can't buy it from them. The way the regs read is that they can't sell to retailers or anyone other than an LP. Like Canada's Island's arrangement with Tweed.

Ian
Hi All,

Hey Ian, am I reading this wrong?

It says a Micro-grower can sell to a micro-processor (can they be sister companies, one company holding both licences?) who can sell to a Licenced Medical Cannabis Retailer (as per the ACMPR rules).

So I think a couple micro-growers could get together and sell to a micro-processor who holds a Retail Medical Licence.

That said, it still stinks of corporate funding to participate in such a venture. So I think I am right about the possibility, I just never considered how much money is required to become a player. So is craft growing a pipe dream until it goes through the courts?

It says: "However, micro-cultivators would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers."

Have you heard of Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp? Maybe this clause gives them an in. They buy a share of a grower & in return they get x% of the product to market. They have shares in more than a dozen small growers.

Ian

PS I should have added the sentence before: "The intra-industry sale of seeds, plants, and harvested materials (for example, fresh and dried cannabis) to other cultivators, processors, and holders of a research authorization would also be allowed."

That said, it still stinks of corporate funding to participate in such a venture. So I think I am right about the possibility, I just never considered how much money is required to become a player. So is craft growing a pipe dream until it goes through the courts?
:

I'm not sure of the ins-and-outs of the legislation like you guys are, but I do notice that there are a lot of craft breweries showing up here in Southern Ontario. Sure would be nice to be able to offer craft growers in the same respect.

Hi All,

I've got a friend in Victoria and he says it is great out there. Craft brewers, craft growers, what more could you want?

This is exactly what the Feds want to kill.

Shame on Justin and his band of merry police chiefs!

Hi All,

I've got a friend in Victoria and he says it is great out there. Craft brewers, craft growers, what more could you want?

This is exactly what the Feds want to kill.

Shame on Justin and his band of merry police chiefs!

I can remember being in Vancouver and the surrounding area in the summer of 2014 and 2015 and wondering to myself..... "What the f*** is going on here"? LMAO......like the wild west.

Thank you!
8g a day, seems higher then most.:thumb: Would you mind sharring the process you went through and what clinc or doctor? Thank you.
Natural health services in Alberta. Just made an appt on the website and filled in the questionnaire. 4 month later went in and they asked a few questions about my ailments and asked how much I used a day. Told her I smoke a quarter a day and she wrote 8. I just got an email this morning from the LP. They already got me set up and I can order. That's not even 24 hours after I registered. Time to order.

Back
Top Bottom