Canadian LP'S experience

FYI:

Bodystream charges $75.00 to process grow license. I don't know about their fees, but I expect Tweed will try to sell you their seeds. Bodystream isn't an LP so their interest is just the administration fee. Hope this helps.

Peace. :peace:

Further on Bodystream. I called them today. There is no charge for a script but they do ask for proof of condition. That is Step 1. She said they only have 1 doctor so there might be a wait to Skype with him.

Step #2: The Grow Your Own fee is $75 for Bodystream's admin. This is only a 6 month permit. Original signed application only - can not be faxed or emailed. She said that with Health Canada's backlog, it usually takes 4 - 5 months for approval & then of course you have to renew your license because of the 6 months . . .

I am going to pressure my clinic this Friday & see.

Ian

Hi All,

There is some flexibility in the Bodystream system. Without going into specific details, I had contact with the Bodystream staff before I got my prescription. I had contacted them regarding moving my spouse's prescription from a LP. So I was out scouting for her before I went to Bodystream for my prescription. And in that original contact, I had made it clear our doctor would not be on board.

In defense of Bodystream (et al), it is clear that a statistically disproportionate number of males get prescriptions for chronic pain. This seems to point to scamming the system. This observation is drawn from many areas, not just here in Canada. I expect this will change with "legalization", as there will no longer be a need to scam the system to be legal. I am in no way dissing anybody's personal situation, or pointing fingers, it is just one of the things the prescribers watch for. Bodystream (and others) recognize that only about 1% of family doctors will prescribe cannabis, and that there is a legitimate need for their services. They see both sides.

I hope anybody reading this follows up on their own. There is no absolute in pursuing a cannabis prescription, be yourself and if you can, visit in person.

Further on Bodystream. I called them today. There is no charge for a script but they do ask for proof of condition. That is Step 1. She said they only have 1 doctor so there might be a wait to Skype with him.

Step #2: The Grow Your Own fee is $75 for Bodystream's admin. This is only a 6 month permit. Original signed application only - can not be faxed or emailed. She said that with Health Canada's backlog, it usually takes 4 - 5 months for approval & then of course you have to renew your license because of the 6 months . . .

I am going to pressure my clinic this Friday & see.

Ian

Hi All,

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone know how to cancel their prescription?

Tweed wants $300 to produce the documents needed to get a grow licence. That is immoral. So we be looking for a new LP.

Tweed wants $300 to produce the documents needed to get a grow licence. That is immoral. So we be looking for a new LP.

For a script, you just call your clinic & they send the documents to the new LP who do the switch & notify the gov't. For a small fee, of course. Since the clinic registered you for the grow, it is probably the same.

I smell a sea change happening with the way the gov't deals with medical growers. They want to know who is growing & they want you to buy all supplies from the LPs (more control). The fees, the current resistance of some clinics, the clamp down on the seed sellers . . . Maybe the gov't is worried about home grown medical leaking into the blackmarket & they want to tighten up before legalization? Hmmm.

Ian

PS And bear in mind that you can't have both a script & a grow licence except for the transition period according to my clinic.

For a script, you just call your clinic & they send the documents to the new LP who do the switch & notify the gov't. For a small fee, of course. Since the clinic registered you for the grow, it is probably the same.

I smell a sea change happening with the way the gov't deals with medical growers. They want to know who is growing & they want you to buy all supplies from the LPs (more control). The fees, the current resistance of some clinics, the clamp down on the seed sellers . . . Maybe the gov't is worried about home grown medical leaking into the blackmarket & they want to tighten up before legalization? Hmmm.

Ian

PS And bear in mind that you can't have both a script & a grow licence except for the transition period according to my clinic.
Ur saying u can't have a medical cannabis prescription and a grow permit at the same time? If so, I'm go nna have to disagree with that.

The doc at my clinic told me that last week. They might be full of crap. I was surprised as well, although on the grow form there is a box that asks if you need interim supply.

Does anybody here have both?

Ian

The doc at my clinic told me that last week. They might be full of crap. I was surprised as well, although on the grow form there is a box that asks if you need interim supply.

Does anybody here have both?

Ian
I don't have either but i know a few ppl who do have both. Unless the rules just changed...but it doesn't even make sense. If I have a prescription, why shouldn't I be able to grow my own. Unless ur clinic just wants all ur money to go to thier LP or something. Not sure what to tell you but it just seems odd to me

Hi All,

I would think that the Government would prevent you from having both.

If you have both you essentially have doubled your prescription. Say 2g/day from your LP AND 4 outdoor plants (or 10 indoor or 8 indoor and 2 outdoor).

So I'm sure the Government doesn't want that. Practically though, are you supposed to give up your meds until plants are grown and processed? So I think there is a grey area here that is quietly ignored to keep peace.

I can see maybe not being able to be signed up with an LP and having a grow permit. But to not be allowed to have a cannabis permit and a grow permit at the same times still doesn't make sense to me. So I'm thinking it has to do with being signed up with an LP maybe. The options can't be a choice between growing it only. Or smoking it only. Gotta be able to medicate what u grow

Hi All,

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone know how to cancel their prescription?

Last year I changed LPs just started the new one no cancellation. So I had two active supply agreements. They don't check this.

Does anyone know if there are any ethical LPs, i.e. ones that grow safely, don't use pesticides, respect the product, actually produces medicine rather than just strains that get you high, doesn't sell out to the highest bidder, has a good variety of in-stock balanced cannabinoid strains, e.g. 5% THC and 5% CBD, etc.? I may be switching soon. I'm currently with Tweed.

Does anyone know if there are any ethical LPs, i.e. ones that grow safely, don't use pesticides, respect the product, actually produces medicine rather than just strains that get you high, doesn't sell out to the highest bidder, has a good variety of in-stock balanced cannabinoid strains, e.g. 5% THC and 5% CBD, etc.? I may be switching soon. I'm currently with Tweed.
A friend just recently signed up with aurora. She just got her first shipment and is happy

I think you ask too much, HG. The only LP's to have surfaced with retail licences are the volume ones. Even Broken Coast - which has a great product at decent prices - is a volume player. And their CBD content is non-existent. 7 Acres & the Green Organic Dutchman have promise but they are only wholesale at this point. Have a look at Emblem. Someone here had good things to say. They have several CDB options.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom