Cannanewb's First Time Grow

Well day 26 for my ladies, it has been raining and cold here most of the week so not much in the growing department going on but I did get pics of the girls in their new bed and gave them a good feed of nutes. Still waiting on my ppm meter and my neem oil hope it gets here soon.
20160708_124147.jpg
20160708_124127.jpg
20160708_124105.jpg

Looking good! Been the same weather here on the island also but things are growing away nicely as it looks like your off to a good start as well!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well day 26 for my ladies, it has been raining and cold here most of the week so not much in the growing department going on but I did get pics of the girls in their new bed and gave them a good feed of nutes. Still waiting on my ppm meter and my neem oil hope it gets here soon.
20160708_124147.jpg
20160708_124127.jpg
20160708_124105.jpg
One thing I have notice with my raised bed is that it tends to dry out faster than ground level soil so keep an eye on that. Don't want them babies getting too thirsty. And they look like nice sturdy boxes, your neighbor did a nice job on the construction. Your plants are going to love the extra room for the roots to spread out.

newbiegrwer thanks for the compliment and the info. I check them a couple of times a day and when I feed them they get a gallon per plant with nutes added. I use the Pro-Mix in my raised beds what are you using? My neighbor did an awesome job on the raised beds, it is nice having people like him around where I can no longer do a lot of things.

newbiegrwer thanks for the compliment and the info. I check them a couple of times a day and when I feed them they get a gallon per plant with nutes added. I use the Pro-Mix in my raised beds what are you using? My neighbor did an awesome job on the raised beds, it is nice having people like him around where I can no longer do a lot of things.
I had way too much area to fill to do any kind of pre mix soil. Last year when u filled the bed I brought in 8 cu yards of top soil then mixed in manure, compost, and peat moss. I stacked up some grass clippings and leaves into it after last year's veggies were done and tilled them in along with all of the old plant material. And when I water I use a sprinkler to get the whole 12 ft x 24 ft at 1 time for about 20 minutes.

Wow quite the process you went thru, it should be rich in nutrients for sure, and by the looks of your plants you definitely have a green thumb. By the way how often do you spray with the neen oil? According to tracking mine is now in Canada all the way from California and cannot get here fast enough, found more plant damage yesterday. Thank God they haven't touched the tops so far just fan leaves. Friggin raining again here today, it has been the worst July I have seen in a long time so far.

Wow quite the process you went thru, it should be rich in nutrients for sure, and by the looks of your plants you definitely have a green thumb. By the way how often do you spray with the neen oil? According to tracking mine is now in Canada all the way from California and cannot get here fast enough, found more plant damage yesterday. Thank God they haven't touched the tops so far just fan leaves. Friggin raining again here today, it has been the worst July I have seen in a long time so far.
I sprayed once every 3 days until the bugs were gone then I left it alone. I think it took me 3 applications to get it 100% but I probably wasn't doing it by the book. Make sure not to spray before they are going to get sun, best to do it at dusk.

Day 30 for my White Widows they are doing well as they had sun yesterday and will have a couple more days of sun coming (it's about time) Fed the girls a feeding of nutes today in a gallon of water per plant. I fed them GENERAL HYDROPONICS Grow 6ml, Micro 4ml, Bloom 2ml and Calimagic 6ml would this be a good amount to feed them every 3 or 4 days depending on the dryness? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Well the temp will be in the low 30's Celsius 80 Fahrenheit and my plants are in direct sun, should I do anything to protect them or will they be okay, I have heard tell of people putting screens over them to help them a bit.

Day 30 for my White Widows they are doing well as they had sun yesterday and will have a couple more days of sun coming (it's about time) Fed the girls a feeding of nutes today in a gallon of water per plant. I fed them GENERAL HYDROPONICS Grow 6ml, Micro 4ml, Bloom 2ml and Calimagic 6ml would this be a good amount to feed them every 3 or 4 days depending on the dryness? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Well the temp will be in the low 30's Celsius 80 Fahrenheit and my plants are in direct sun, should I do anything to protect them or will they be okay, I have heard tell of people putting screens over them to help them a bit.
If you've had about a week of hardening then they should he fine. Keep an eye on them throughout the day and if they start drooping or acting like they don't like it move them to a shady spot.

Thanks newbiegrwer they were hardened about a week and a half and they have been outside for a little over a week. I am unable to move them as I planted them 6 or 7 days ago, so I hope they are tough bitches and I hope the new nutes schedule I put them on agrees with the girls. Are you having better weather now, how are your plants doing since we got the sun back?

Thanks newbiegrwer they were hardened about a week and a half and they have been outside for a little over a week. I am unable to move them as I planted them 6 or 7 days ago, so I hope they are tough bitches and I hope the new nutes schedule I put them on agrees with the girls. Are you having better weather now, how are your plants doing since we got the sun back?
I wish we got the sun back. In my part of the country it's been rainy so far this week.

You are on PEI aren't you? Right now it is 29 C 31 with the humidex next 4 days are 30 and 29. By the way just found a parcel on my steps and it was my Neem Oil Extract...Sweet. 11 days from California that is good. Since started using Amazon they are amazing me. So I will treat the plants tonight. Mix 2 to 4 tbsp per gallon so I will mix 1 tbsp per 900ml that is the size of my spray bottle, all should be good after a few treatments. Things are looking up.

Back
Top Bottom