Cannateer is Here to Stay - LED/Hydro - Organic Pineapple Chunk!

Im going to give her every chance to do so. Lol

I learned quite a bit this last run, so l hope there arent anymore hiccups. I will start two more seeds when the doc is ready to flower and just harvest then.

I wish I wouldnt have trimmed so much of the lower budsites. I think they could have been lit and I would have nearly twice the harvest. Lesson learned when growing many colas versus fewer. The doc will probably have 5 colas and im not going to trim much at all.

I've still got a couple plants going that are groups of mains and no lower budsites. And after that a scrog, so I'll be able to tell which works better for me. Scrog took a lot of time with many budsites, so hoping it's easier to maintain and harvest a plant with just colas

I tried super cropping on the doc. Quick pinch and I hear a nice pop, twist and it was all done. Hope it works out, but this plant is a nice guinea pig to get ready for my next two pineapple chunk seeds. I tested two rapid rooters, lower plug position, no recirc, pruning lower lateral growth, side lighting and now supercropping with this plant. When it gets flowering I will leave all budsites.

20140813_112113.jpg
20140813_112126.jpg
20140813_120024.jpg
20140813_120034.jpg
20140813_123548.jpg
20140813_123555.jpg
20140813_123604.jpg
20140813_123616.jpg
20140813_123652.jpg

I found this page on advanced LED's site with data on their comparative tests with other light brands and thought people on 420 might be interested, because I know many of you have topleds and wondered exactly what the difference is in terms of real world specs on par, heat, etc.

Enjoy. Heres a link: LED vs LED Grow Lights - Brand Comparisons

comparison-ds-200-vs-mars.png

I moved my lights apart a bit on the doctor, so I can start using them all without worry of it getting too hot. This is why I love winter.

Everything is going great, been busy lately.

Advanced leds came out with a new light series, XTE. They sound awesome with 5 watt diodes and full controls.

XTE_Family_Photo_73572_1404336311_680_680.jpg

Exclusive New XTE Features:

NEW - Premium 5w and 3w LEDs from CREE and OSRAM - 79% Higher PAR than other 5w grow lights!
NEW - XTE Optics: We took the Diamond Series Optic built-in reflector to throw even more light at your plants.
NEW - ColdFlo Heat Dissipation Technology: Cools these powerful 5w LEDs like no other system can.
NEW - Upgraded Color Select Controls: You now have 100% Control of Seasons, Spectrums and Intensity.
Features of the NEW Super High Flux 5W LEDs:

113% Higher PAR/Watt than a 600w HPS (XTE-200: 14.71 vs. 600w HPS: 6.90)
79% Higher PAR/Watt than competing 5w LED grow lights. (XTE-200: 14.71 vs. 5w Competitor: 8.10)
36% Higher PAR/Watt than the California Lightworks 200. (XTE-200: 14.71 vs. Solarflare 200: 11.02)
28% Higher PAR/Watt than the Kind L600. (XTE-200: 14.71 vs. Kind L600: 11.47)

Spectrograph Reading of the XTE Series:

spectrum-output.png

More light, more medicine, more money made or saved.

At least thats how it should be. Lol

Im a bit bummed these come out right after I buy my lighting. Oh, well. Something to look forward to upgrading to in the future. Its nice to see them continue improving. A good sign.

There is the comfort of nearly zero running cost of these lights, so if you factor in time, they are cheap, really. You just have to pay more up front. Just like electric cars and the world over. Invest more, save more. At least thats how it should be. ;)

I really like the idea of controlling the color and intensity, though. In my dreams for now.

All we are is dust in the wind... dont hang on. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky. It slips away and all your money wont another minute buy...

I typed out a more intellectual response first, then decided to replace it with that. No explanation should suffice. Lol

The pineapple chunk began growing additional buds a few days ago, and I looked today and theyre bigger. I was going to harvest, but I suppose I will wait to see what happens. The leaves are all in great condition and the buds are still white. She wants to live.

The second chunk is doing wonderful and might surprise me. It also gives me a great opportunity to test different height of light. Its been a great test subject. :geek:

The doctor is a strong plant. I hope it delivers. I continued supercropping and LST as usual. I moved the lights apart and the plant didnt notice. Kept growing all the same. Im wondering if that is due to the co2. Either way, its happy.

Back
Top Bottom