Cannateer is Here to Stay - LED/Hydro - Organic Pineapple Chunk!

Its nice to see you two enjoying this journal. Makes it all worth it. Thanks a bunch.

I snapped some pics this morning bright and early, I planned to catch them with the microscope before lights on, but fate had other plans. I will keep trying to catch them asleep.

The doctor is doing great. The droopiness is due to morning. She will be all fanned out in a little bit.

20140821_094230.jpg
20140821_094223.jpg
20140821_094148.jpg
20140821_094154.jpg
20140821_094248.jpg

Have a nice day everyone.

Thanks a ton peyton. That means a lot to me.

I am pretty excited now after seeing them get so big. I was bummed I trimmed too much before stretch, but they are making up for it in size and hopefully density too. It will be hard to say until I harvest, but I think I will surpass my previous haul of 222 grams with this plant. Hopefully Danny does me proud, but its height has kept it just slightly lower and so the buds havent exploded and swelled like the other. I also have a theory I will be testing with the doctor to reduce or eliminate the white buds on top.

I paid more attention when it started happening this time and think I know why and what I can do in the future. Not that these white parts bother me at all. Danny has nearly no white buds and the buds are smaller as well. Either way I think I can eliminate it, but the choice seems to be clearly between risking a very small portion of white bud for much more fruit, or keep the light height far enough away to avoid the white bud development and never grow the buds to their full potential. For me, after trying my first harvest of using this method, I can say its a superior product to anything ive had in decades of use. The small percent of white buds are well worth the giant fruit that accompany them, in other words.

I will be hard at work to solve the white buds, however. Its a matter of time now.

Damn, that is gonna be one hell of a harvest. Yeah, I think a little white bud is worth the larger buds. Wonder if backbuilding would help any or if that would defeat the purpose? Excited to see how it plays out though.

I hadnt seen that before, no. Thanks for showing me! I think this might not eliminate the white buds, but seems like a really awesome technique to help increase my quality. It just may help the white buds, too. Who knows.

Thanks again for bringing that to my attention. Just when you think you read it all. Heh

I read light addict's writeup LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds! and it seems like a legitimate technique. Il have to thank him for sharing that and I hope it works as well for me as it did for others. That comparison on the first page is pretty compelling. I will definately read more and put it to the test.

Well, if he ever stops by he will know I appreciate him sharing that method.:high-five:

The theory I have running has to do with keeping nutrients at an adequate level to keep up with the rate of consumption the intense lighting demands. I learned early on in flowering the relation of the height of the lights and the abundance of nitrogen in the leaves. If you raise the lights too high away from the leaves nutrients will build up and burn the plant. Conversely, having the lights at that optimal intensity will demand more nutrients and if not kept at adequate levels will have a bleaching effect, or a failure to grow productive vegetation. Hence the white buds. Its crucial to maintain an optimal height while maintaining adequate nutrient levels. I only let the ppm dip for a day and the white buds really started off. I noticed other hints, as well. Im pretty certain I have it solved. Time will tell.

That's some scientific stuff you have there. Glad i could help out a little. I did it to my sour sky and it helped the buds from growing upward and started stacking below

Yeah, I just wanna give all the details so no one gets confused. I could have just said that I need to keep the feeding more consistent, I guess. Lol

Thats awesome. I will definately give it a try. I just know that if the buds are shorter, I will lower the lights anyway and so the bleaching would still have to be addressed.

How easy is just snipping off the top of each bud? How could I not try it out. Heh

After reading about LA's backfill technique and seeing result pics of using it in other people's grows, it seems like it should help a lot. I look forward to seeing your results with using it.

Subbed to your new grow. Sorry i'm late =p
Im keen to see how yours goes so I'm in for the ride.

Im still playing with the MARS II 400 (200 actual watts since I run 240v) and its been treating me good but I am keeping an eye out for all other brands. I spent a little extra time with this one plant I have going - she's about 83 days from seed now and is over 2 feet wide x 2 feet tall.

I loved how your previous grow the fall colours really turned out and showed. You gonna do some clones anytime soon?

Yup, hopefully I can test it out on the doctor successfully. Thanks for joining in on this one, c sprite. Glad to have you here.:thanks:

Hi lex, thanks for stopping by. Ive seen great success with that light and many other brands. Leds are becoming nice and reliable and the brands more trustworthy. I do think people should consider going the route I went, however. I didnt have the money for all the lights I have now right away. So, I bought one at a time, until I could afford more. This is always an option, especially considering I did most of my first grow effectively with one and then two ds100s. Of course this doesnt work for everyone, but its worth considering. Im not sure what the warranties are for other companies, but advanced has a three year and that was a part of my decision to purchase. Of course I think they are better lights, as well, but that might not matter to others as much as bottom dollar and getting a larger grow going faster. I understand the choices people make and dont judge their decision. I just hope I give the information I have to help them decide one way or the other.

I was in your journal and saw that. Very nice.

Im undecided on the clones as of now. I actually have a new system of reservoir in the works and I am going to attempt a six plant perpetual sea of green. Im excited because I have a decent wealth of knowledge of water systems, so this should come out like a work of art if all goes well.

It will be four feet long, 50+ gallons and have six areas divided by baffles, one for each plant. I'll build two, hopefully with wheels. Should be a sight.

Thanks for the kind words. Those leaves were wicked. I think I know what mistake lead to them. Like I said to peyton, I needed to be more regular with feeding pretty much.

Im seeing the beginning of senescence, so il take her out of the flower area tonight in a spare bucket and put her in a dark room. Hopefully she produces more thc overnight, then il harvest tomorrow. Danny is still putting on some weight, so he will stay in flower a few more days. Cant weight.;)

Thanks peyton. Glad youre here.

They are wide as %#@$. Lol

I can tell they are pretty dense. I hope the increased humidity will result in heavier buds, so this plant should tell me. The first plant had fewer colas and grew taller. Its hard to tell which was better at this point. Almost looks like a draw. The extreme lollipop might not have been such a loss if it made them thicker.

I hope a little extra humidity can help them grow. I've got fans blowing well into plants and good unfiltered exhaust but still can't get my humidity below 60 percent. But that lollipop did seem to do some good work for them. I might have to do that to the bottom of my mainline SB. Congrats on your hard work, and don't stop doing journals. You do great work here man

Back
Top Bottom