Carbon filter letting smells through

For clarity, I mean the configurations in the top images here. The top left is the most common configuration and supposedly most effective. Top right is okay but the filters aren't as effective in that setup. So I've been led to believe. A 5" kit should be fine for your tent size. I use a 4" in a slightly smaller tent.
7.jpg

none of those set ups look proper.

the image on the left is the most common, and is generally accepted as proper.

full

in both images the green line represents an external wall.

none of those set ups look proper.

the image on the left is the most common, and is generally accepted as proper.

full

in both images the green line represents an external wall.
Yeah I just used it to illustrate through the filter and out the tent or out the tent and through the filter.

Yeah I just used it to illustrate through the filter and out the tent or out the tent and through the filter.

none the examples looked kosher. trust mars to get it wrong. so many new folk are eager to go and just want an easy answer, it's kind of irresponsible to reinforce that vibe to sell product.

near everyone i know who starts up now skips doing an external exhaust. as soon as they hit flower on the first or second run they panic. even a single loud plant can overwhelm the scrubber if the exhaust isn't taken care of proper.

none the examples looked kosher. trust mars to get it wrong. so many new folk are eager to go and just want an easy answer, it's kind of irresponsible to reinforce that vibe to sell product.

near everyone i know who starts up now skips doing an external exhaust. as soon as they hit flower on the first or second run they panic. even a single loud plant can overwhelm the scrubber if the exhaust isn't taken care of proper.
We've chatted about this before and as you know I can't exhaust externally and it has caused me some humidity issues but smell hasn't really been an issue for me. Unless I'm completely nose blind.🤣 My kids haven't noticed anything though.

We've chatted about this before and as you know I can't exhaust externally and it has caused me some humidity issues but smell hasn't really been an issue for me. Unless I'm completely nose blind.

i smoke a fair bit so i'm nose blind too. pretty much everyone who grows is nose blind to a point. if you get away for long enough you can notice it.

yrs ago i had a two plant 3x2 closet grow going. my girlfriend and i went on a 3 day camp and hike. i set everything up to take care of itself and we took off. the grow had minimal air circulation.

while we were gone the plant decided to flower. we could smell the place a good 60ft away in the parking lot.

i smoke a fair bit so i'm nose blind too. pretty much everyone who grows is nose blind to a point. if you get away for long enough you can notice it.

yrs ago i had a two plant 3x2 closet grow going. my girlfriend and i went on a 3 day camp and hike. i set everything up to take care of itself and we took off. the grow had minimal air circulation.

while we were gone the plant decided to flower. we could smell the place a good 60ft away in the parking lot.
An "Oh shit" moment.🤣

An "Oh shit" moment.

i didn't know if i should run toward it to try and salvage the situation or away from it and deny responsibility :p

Btw I have to say that these ONA gels are surprisingly effective! I always thought they were just another "air fresheners", but they really do seem to "neutralize" odors as advertised. Not perfect but I am impressed.

Back
Top Bottom