Carloke's First Grow - LED - Small Closet Grow - Autoflower - Pakistan Ryder

Looking good will watch also :) Ever figure out if that small hole is going to be enough for drainage? I still need to set up a drainage system. I am thinking I am under-watering my plants myself, I kind of want to water it again....but I hear over-watering is much more common. I dunno :p

I think it's alright as the plant's looking healthier now. I'll keep an eye on it though... Yeah, I'm the same. As it dropped before, moving forward I'm only going to water it when it's dry approx an inch deep.

Day 12 Since Coming Out Of The Soil

Hi All,

She seems to have recovered fully now since she's been transplanted and growing very quickly. She's just sprouted her third set of leaves. I've also lifted the LED a little higher - still not much height on her though!

I'm thinking of using LST and SCROG when the time come as oppose to any other means of training which may stress her too much. Anyone offer any guidance/advice with autos and training them? Also, which period of time to do so?

P&L.

Photos below:

IMG_39037.JPG
IMG_390110.JPG
IMG_38988.JPG
IMG_389611.JPG

Hey Carloke,

Looks like the girl likes her new environment. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I did not realize you did not have 50 posts yet. My bad.

How many nodes does she have now? Other then the plant dictates when it goes into bloom as opposed to with a photo where we as growers pick and choose when it goes into flower, you can do the same things with Autos as you can with photos. You can top it you can flim it you can LST it, monster crop it. The choice is yours.

Hey Carloke,

Looks like the girl likes her new environment. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I did not realize you did not have 50 posts yet. My bad.

How many nodes does she have now? Other then the plant dictates when it goes into bloom as opposed to with a photo where we as growers pick and choose when it goes into flower, you can do the same things with Autos as you can with photos. You can top it you can flim it you can LST it, monster crop it. The choice is yours.

Hi OG,

No problem. There are a lot of nodes that are slowly branching off nearer the stem now.

I've been researching different methods... As it's my first time I was planning on using LST within a day or two, and installing a small scrog system - I'm not too sure how effective the scrog will be considering my small growing space. My tent is very small - 0.4m x 0.4m I think!

I've read quite a few articles arguing that supercropping and topping/fimming can damage an autoflowers yields as it will devote more energy to repairing itself rather than growing throughout it's short lifecycle. Do you think otherwise? Or more factors to be taken into account?

:Namaste:

Despite it being a good few weeks away, another thing I wanted to experiment with is lollipopping. I understand the principle of why it should/can be done, but I'd be so concerned to chop away too much! A lot of posts I've read claim that a 1/3 of the undergrowth as a rule of thumb usually does the trick..? Is that the same for everyone? Also, how far into flower would be optimal to start lollipopping?

I dont think i would supercrop an auto, too much time lost to repair.
LSTing and topping kind of depend on the particular auto growing. Those autos naturally growing slower and or bushy probably shouldnt be messed with, but those that shoot up in a hurry to break through the roof... Those are prime for training.
I think the general soft rule is 3 weeks into flower, your mostly safe trimming her up till then, after that she should be mostly left alone.

I dont think i would supercrop an auto, too much time lost to repair.
LSTing and topping kind of depend on the particular auto growing. Those autos naturally growing slower and or bushy probably shouldnt be messed with, but those that shoot up in a hurry to break through the roof... Those are prime for training.
I think the general soft rule is 3 weeks into flower, your mostly safe trimming her up till then, after that she should be mostly left alone.

Mine's still growing quickly but very short and bush - it's onto its fourth set of leaves now and no more than a few inches tall! So much that the higher leaves are almost completely covering the lower sets of leaves. Because of that, I'm going to leave it at least until it gains some height (if it does)! Despite it being short, where the lower sets of leaves are being covered, would it be worth just snipping them off? Or leaving them as they are? Some are actually a bit curled up.

See if you can bend those leaves down, tuck them behind the stem or under the newer growths leaf set first, if it wont stay tucked then maybe scissor it off.
Alternatively, you can take the top growth and ponytail it, 6ish hrs a day, will allow more light to reach the lower stuff. Have a view here.. A-Train's Autoflower Test Run - Ponytailing & Low Stress Training

See if you can bend those leaves down, tuck them behind the stem or under the newer growths leaf set first, if it wont stay tucked then maybe scissor it off.
Alternatively, you can take the top growth and ponytail it, 6ish hrs a day, will allow more light to reach the lower stuff. Have a view here.. A-Train's Autoflower Test Run - Ponytailing & Low Stress Training

Where it's become so bushy i've tucked the larger leaves and tied the branches in seperate directions to expose the lower part of the plant to the light. I like the ponytailing idea too - might see how it responds to being spread out and maybe do that after.

Cheers Dank

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom