CFL grow

Hiiii guyyys! So I went to a nursery and got a few small pots and I had gotten some small buckets from work... I got my extra light aswell... I've done the transplant, it was nerve wrecking but my wife helped me out and we managed to do it... Here are some pics of what they look like now and yes I know my lighting isn't gonna be enough for all these plants but I wasn't intending on growing so many... Im gonna leave the setup like this for a while and see how it goes
20191212_164124.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
15761619992348876316342384050363.jpg
20191212_164004.jpg

Look for some of the other growing journals on this msg board or just search for more info on using the CFL bulbs that look like a coil.

From what I have read on many web sites that deal with growing any kind of plant the best way to position that style of bulb is to position it so the side faces the plant, not the end. Many people are saying that more and better light comes from the sides. Look for photos of how others have positioned the bulbs. Some of the growers came up with ingenious ideas.

This is mine 4 weeks ago and then yesterday
DSC_1530.JPG
DSC_1565.JPG

Love this grow! I'm thinking of doing something small an easy to maintain like that!!

Hiiii guyyys! So I went to a nursery and got a few small pots and I had gotten some small buckets from work... I got my extra light aswell... I've done the transplant, it was nerve wrecking but my wife helped me out and we managed to do it... Here are some pics of what they look like now and yes I know my lighting isn't gonna be enough for all these plants but I wasn't intending on growing so many... Im gonna leave the setup like this for a while and see how it goes
20191212_164124.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
20191212_164108.jpg
20191212_164124.jpg
15761619992348876316342384050363.jpg
20191212_164004.jpg
Hey bud!

Thanks for stopping by with @Backlipslide

So I have never seen so many plants in one pot... And never seen such a soil mixture. I am super keen to see the results of the soil!!

First things first... If anything relax....:lot-o-toke:

This journey is a lot to learn at once but is not so overwhelming as you might imagine.

I'd say let's look at how many you plan on growing out. So I usually have this method of planting in batches of six where I can have enough room to root males and get the strongest of them all... (males will surprise you)

Solo cups will work well but I'd aggre with @Lerugged and get those 1lt pots as the can stay in there for up to a month which is perfect time for sexing.

As for the lights... To be honest I have no experience in CFL but can tell you what led lights will work. I used 2 40w led bulbs and 4 tubes of growing lights from eurolux. The right combo for budget is cool white for veg and warm white for bloom. Make sure to achieve the minimum of 8000 lumens per cubic mwtre otherwise you will have popcorn buds... So a general way of looking at it is go a game or checkers right... Then get this 9w or 15w bulbs which ever will give you the most lumens. Usually is 900L take that and get 6-8 of them. The 40w's gave me 8000 lumens alone for those two so if you can get that then less wires..

Another thing is to get mylar blankets (space blankets) more reflection of that light the better, we want huge ass weed titties! They are R12 for 2m by 1.3m I think so a cheap method. Look at @Backlipslide first journal for that right in the beggining.

Here was my first grow
20190727_073822.jpg

I do truly wish you the best and will tag along for sure where I can!

I used cfls for my grow. I mix the color spectrums and move my plants every few days. Keep the cfl bulb as close as you can with our touching. If it touches it will burn the leaf. I try to shoot for about 3500 to 4000 lumen per square foot with mixed color temperatures. Some are 2700k some are 5000. Some times I out an led in the grow room but they need to be very far from the plants especially at first. LIKE two feet away! I pulled my lights for this photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_090632.jpg
    IMG_20191207_090632.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 138
Also watch out with seagro. They might say it won't burn your plants but it's sure will. I used some recently and shocked the crap out of my cheese auto. Mix half a teaspoon per 5 litres. If possible get some nutrifeed or if your nursery has them get feed for weed products

Love this grow! I'm thinking of doing something small an easy to maintain like that!!

Hey bud!

Thanks for stopping by with @Backlipslide

So I have never seen so many plants in one pot... And never seen such a soil mixture. I am super keen to see the results of the soil!!

First things first... If anything relax....:lot-o-toke:

This journey is a lot to learn at once but is not so overwhelming as you might imagine.

I'd say let's look at how many you plan on growing out. So I usually have this method of planting in batches of six where I can have enough room to root males and get the strongest of them all... (males will surprise you)

Solo cups will work well but I'd aggre with @Lerugged and get those 1lt pots as the can stay in there for up to a month which is perfect time for sexing.

As for the lights... To be honest I have no experience in CFL but can tell you what led lights will work. I used 2 40w led bulbs and 4 tubes of growing lights from eurolux. The right combo for budget is cool white for veg and warm white for bloom. Make sure to achieve the minimum of 8000 lumens per cubic mwtre otherwise you will have popcorn buds... So a general way of looking at it is go a game or checkers right... Then get this 9w or 15w bulbs which ever will give you the most lumens. Usually is 900L take that and get 6-8 of them. The 40w's gave me 8000 lumens alone for those two so if you can get that then less wires..

Another thing is to get mylar blankets (space blankets) more reflection of that light the better, we want huge ass weed titties! They are R12 for 2m by 1.3m I think so a cheap method. Look at @Backlipslide first journal for that right in the beggining.

Here was my first grow
20190727_073822.jpg

I do truly wish you the best and will tag along for sure where I can!

Excellent DK !

Holy crap!!! Yesterday after I did the transplant I used 5ml in 1liter of water and watered them with it...
Look if she shows problems then flush immediately as we know what the problem is. Do you know how to identify nutrient burn and overwatering? Also don't do the whole flush thing too much to the plant as I have learn that flushing too much will also cause problems.

Dont stress now with the plants. If shit happens it happens you are only learning... As am I!

You mentioned sativas right... Are you familiar with how they grow? I'm growing two now and can definitely tell you that the stretch period is something else!

Have you looked up some of the plants? Maybe get an idea of what you want to accomplish... But hey I know how you feel in the beggining. Just note this comminity is golden when it comes to help!

Holy crap!!! Yesterday after I did the transplant I used 5ml in 1liter of water and watered them with it...

You're not alone around here.

We've all done it at least once. :rofl:

:p. . :high-five:

Look if she shows problems then flush immediately as we know what the problem is. Do you know how to identify nutrient burn and overwatering? Also don't do the whole flush thing too much to the plant as I have learn that flushing too much will also cause problems.

Dont stress now with the plants. If shit happens it happens you are only learning... As am I!

You mentioned sativas right... Are you familiar with how they grow? I'm growing two now and can definitely tell you that the stretch period is something else!

Have you looked up some of the plants? Maybe get an idea of what you want to accomplish... But hey I know how you feel in the beggining. Just note this comminity is golden when it comes to help!

'Bumps' on the road are frequent around here. :party:

'Bumps' on the road are frequent around here. :party:

Evening mr.Imraan, mr.Wick I trust this evening finds you well gentlemen......:passitleft:

Seagro is fine mr.Imraan I used it last summer in my garden with no detriment to my girls, keep your eye open for kelpak as that is also great in the garden, bounce between those 2 if you can brother....

Why don't you pop down to China mall if you get the chance as I recall you saying you a Jozi boy and pick up a cpl cheap 50-100w led which will cost same as the CFLs you are using and you will see a noticeable difference in a day or 2.

But I totally agree with @Lerugged if your girls can sit on your balcony and suck up free sunlight during the day then you are onto a winner as I believe mr.Rugged mentioned he only vegs indoor along the same lines as myself...

Hope you have a blessed weekend....:cheer:

Evening mr.Imraan, mr.Wick I trust this evening finds you well gentlemen......:passitleft:

Seagro is fine mr.Imraan I used it last summer in my garden with no detriment to my girls, keep your eye open for kelpak as that is also great in the garden, bounce between those 2 if you can brother....

Why don't you pop down to China mall if you get the chance as I recall you saying you a Jozi boy and pick up a cpl cheap 50-100w led which will cost same as the CFLs you are using and you will see a noticeable difference in a day or 2.

But I totally agree with @Lerugged if your girls can sit on your balcony and suck up free sunlight during the day then you are onto a winner as I believe mr.Rugged mentioned he only vegs indoor along the same lines as myself...

Hope you have a blessed weekend....:cheer:

Thanks for stopping in Mr. Smeegs, I hope all is well with you and your garden. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom