CFL - Indoor - Soil Grow - Jack Flash #5

Re: CFL, Indoor, Soil grow, Jack Flash #5

LST is the one you should be the least afraid to try, its just tying the stem with hooks or strings, the main idea is to allow more light penetration by bending the plant to one side or another.

I just took this pic, this was no longer Low stress training… I was pretty brutal.
photo-336.JPG

Also, I think the leaves curl down cuz of the massive water in the soil, it will solve itself in a few weeks prob. It's always a good practice which i do to full fill the soil with water when I put in the seedlings.

I would not recommend flooding your pot's when when they are young and in big pot's.
You want the root's to hunt for the water.They will do this by not over watering and letting them dry out before watering again.I would also add perlite to the soil mix next run.It let's your soil hold more air and will allow them to dry in a few day's or so.A week or 2 is way to long to go between watering's.

Don't get me wrong,there beautiful plant's and your doing a great job.It's just my opinion.

there color is amazing. Keep up the good work.Jimmy6000 is 100% correct. The bigger the roots the healthier the plant. The more they have to search for water the faster they will fill the pot and the bigger fatter nugs you get in the end.

Hey Jimmy and everyone else! Yes I totally agree, I just always seemed to get nice germination and it did work, however, this is the time (yesterday) when the soil was completely DRY. I mean dry by like sand lol. So I gave them 2L/plant, not to have water everywhere in the soil, but to make them try to reach the places of water as you said.

I have also made some new pics, and guess what? the stems are proper tough! I though it's gonna take longer to develop this, but it seems like it's all good! I keep up blowing the air onto them till they start to flower.

Heres some pics of the stems.:
IMG_262210.JPG
IMG_26247.JPG
IMG_26257.JPG
IMG_26267.JPG
IMG_26276.JPG

looking good , good lower node growth going there too. Off to a good start man. Youll get two shoots that grow straight up from the center of those topped plants once they establish a second node with true leaves you can top them again to get 4 heads ;-)

well you will run out of vertical space before horizontal space. When you top the plant it stops up ward growth from its highest point and shifts it to the lower nodes. Thats why your getting all that lower bushy growth now. You want this. If one node grows really tall you will have to keep raising the lights with it. By doing this you can only get direct light to the tallest node. If you top the plant it slows the plants over all growth and will give you more bud sights all at the same level thus creating a sort of cannopy allowing you to get more of the same usable light to multiple bud sights

Topped
1393970922376.jpg

Not Topped
1394665379020.jpg

Hey Eki.Great job topping.:thumb:
I noticed you mention flowering.I did not see were you posted the start of flower?
You are growing photo period strain's now and they will not flower with a 18/6 or 20/4 light schedule,as your auto flower's did in your last grow.You will need to switch to a 12/12 light schedule when you are ready to start flowering.
If you already knew this I am sorry.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom