Chapel Of Love: Wedding Cake x Kush Mints x F1 Durban x Gushers

Hello đź‘‹

Reading through and making since of your approach, looking at the flowering plant, then back at the beginning…

You top at node 4, right as soon as node 4 pops up?

The HST on the lower branches, to get the base of those branches out away from the others, then let them go up, so there is good clean space between the stalk and branches?

Are you switching to 12/12 at a specific point or did pistils start to pop up? If you switch the light schedule prior to pistils, do you step down from 18/6 or jump straight to 12/12?

🙏
Yes, I top at the 4th or 5th node typically
Hello đź‘‹

Reading through and making since of your approach, looking at the flowering plant, then back at the beginning…

You top at node 4, right as soon as node 4 pops up?

The HST on the lower branches, to get the base of those branches out away from the others, then let them go up, so there is good clean space between the stalk and branches?

Are you switching to 12/12 at a specific point or did pistils start to pop up? If you switch the light schedule prior to pistils, do you step down from 18/6 or jump straight to 12/12?

🙏
I typically top at the 4th or 5th node. I use hst and training clips to widen out my canopy as much as possible from an early age. Then, in this grow anyway, I flipped to 12/12 when I felt she was ready to flip and would still give a decent little harvest. I jump straight to 12/12 however at this point (Day 35 of Flower 🌸) I have her on a 13 hrs. Off/11 hrs. On light cycle.

Yes, I top at the 4th or 5th node typically

I typically top at the 4th or 5th node. I use hst and training clips to widen out my canopy as much as possible from an early age. Then, in this grow anyway, I flipped to 12/12 when I felt she was ready to flip and would still give a decent little harvest. I jump straight to 12/12 however at this point (Day 35 of Flower 🌸) I have her on a 13 hrs. Off/11 hrs. On light cycle.
What in oz do you expect from a grow like this? 75/85 days ish?

I have been very much debating on planting straight into a 5 gallon SIP every time.

I have done this once and it was the largest fullest plant yet. People say not to do it…thoughts?
People that want to establish root balls say that, but in SIPs we end up with a different type of root so it really isn't necessary. I've gone seed to my final flowering container with good results.

This is the very first time I planted directly into the 5 gallon fabric pot. All other times I just transplanted up. The only difference I noticed was that it took longer for the roots to set in, but once they did it was off to the races. I didn’t notice any other significant differences.
A SIP or other big pot can keep things too wet for a small, less established plant initially, so I like to water it lightly for the first couple of weeks to help it get established. So, no filling the reservoir, but rather just lightly around the stem. Some of it will drain into the reservoir which will give the roots a taste when they get down there.

Then once they catch and start growing vigorously, I mostly water down the fill pipe.

In a big fabric pot it gets a bit more challenging at first, but Emilya has a good thread on it Here.

Day 36 of Flower 🌸. Week 6 of Flower 🌸 Begins.

B6AD0E17-1EFE-44C3-9C74-66F5C3F61788.jpeg
EC2C5553-CD2E-40F8-8C31-41469951D06B.jpeg

People that want to establish root balls say that, but in SIPs we end up with a different type of root so it really isn't necessary. I've gone seed to my final flowering container with good results.

A SIP or other big pot can keep things too wet for a small, less established plant initially, so I like to water it lightly for the first couple of weeks to help it get established. So, no filling the reservoir, but rather just lightly around the stem. Some of it will drain into the reservoir which will give the roots a taste when they get down there.

Then once they catch and start growing vigorously, I mostly water down the fill pipe.

In a big fabric pot it gets a bit more challenging at first, but Emilya has a good thread on it Here.
Brilliant, regarding SIP that makes perfect sense 👌🏻

Back
Top Bottom