Chenzi's Perpetual Experiment

Good morning everyone, no update yesterday, as I took my son to watch some motor sport.
So today is day 19in the flower room;
IMG_076140.jpg
IMG_076527.jpg
IMG_076432.jpg
IMG_076622.jpg
IMG_076234.jpg
And a couple of pics without the "sun"
IMG_077131.JPG
IMG_076934.JPG

All flowering girls were watered till run off ,then fed 1litre of Canna Flores, ph 6.0 ec1.2 -1.4
They are almost ready to defoliate for the run home. I'm excited:cheer::yahoo::goof:

Update ,Today is day 20 in the flower room:
IMG_078334.jpg
As you can see things are heating up in here. This is why soil/ soil less mix was chosen to keep root zone cool, even tho I have a chiller for my R.D.W.C. under current system, the rebuild of the room certainly made it necessary to simplify things, and make plants mobile to accommodate the re configuration.
IMG_078629.JPG
IMG_078733.jpg
IMG_078834.jpg
These shots were before I defoliated one of the Purple Train Wreck. And here is a photo of the one i have defoliated
IMG_078931.jpg
I'm still unsure whether I'll defoliate the other's.
After reading lots of opinions here @ 420 that expouse the benefits of defoliating, It's kinda hard to argue against The Capn's opinion,.His results speak for themselves.

Wow M9 your grow is exploding with goodness!

I am missing your hydro stuff, but glad to see nice looking bud formation anyway!

Getting used to you showing that pesky hygrometer all the time made a lightbulb go off in my mind. You have very nice temps and RH levels. Those are one of the keys to success. Now I have a hygrometer, and the results are showing. Good job!!!

Vlad's seed nursery. Too cold outside, brrrr!

IMG-20150914-01258.jpg

Vlad

Thanks Vlad,Yeah those pesky hygrometer's. Well, they are in the photos everyday, not only for the viewers, but for my reference as well.
It does get painful sometimes trying to record everything, inevitably I will forget to write down temp and humidity and i can visit the journal to remind myself. I have done this before on more than one occasion,ha ha !! I had a :idea: some time ago when checking my garden one morning and it all became very clear from the hygrometers, I changed the flowering girls to the room with the almost perfect humidity levels. The room they're in now has a environmental control unit. At the time It was just convenient to leave em in the tent coz I was drying in the room, and then when everything was dry I started the veg room in the wrong room. So those pesky hygrometers just reminded me of what course I should take. If you haven't watched the tutorial by L.E.D.R.F on environment, then do yourself a favour and have a look, its awesome !!:allgood:

Oh by the way Vlad, Don't worry, I will be firing up the under current again when iv'e totally finished the room.
My life get's pretty busy at times and to be honest it's very hands on, I'm kinda enjoying growing this way at the moment.
But I do yearn to see what can be achieved with all the tech stuff . I guess there's a fair amount of mad scientist in me as well.... Mwahahahahah..........

Hey Vlad, and anyone else thats watching.....?
I'm excited !! Why you may ask ...?
Well, the watched pot that never boils is whistling:cheer::cheer:
Some cut that I took some time ago, i will check may paperwork later, have got "ROOTS":bravo:
Just when i had almost given up on them ,they have surprised me and some roots are visible !! I will post some photos later.

Checked the paperwork and cuts were taken on 27/8. no heating was used and nights have been quite cool.
17 days and 5 of 9 have roots. I have added some seed and clone starter to the cloner this morning and taken some cuts of the White widow {Rock Wool}.Let's see how they go......? They,the RW cuts are in a dome with an aquarium heater underneath in water, temp 23 c.

Ok, this mornings update ,in the veg tent ;
IMG_081133.jpg
IMG_081232.jpg
IMG_081430.jpg
IMG_081537.jpg
IMG_081734.jpg
seedlings are doing quite well and have been fed with vega @.4 ec ph 6.0
And here are some photos of the Train Wreck cuttings sprouting roots. For those of you observant enough, you'll notice that there are 10 cuts, now 9 as number 10 was not looking fantastic and i culled her.
IMG_083331.JPG
IMG_083025.jpg
IMG_082927.jpg
IMG_082725.jpg

Ouch oh crap! That toe looks really bad :whoa: I hope it gets better soon

Good to hear about your clone finally rooting! I wish I had a clone root from the last grow but oh well maybe next time...

Vlad

Good morning 420, Hope you are all well.
Today is day 23 in the flower room and all is well.
I have decided not to do any more radical defoliation, not that I feel I have been brutal at any stage, but I will only remove what I feel to be obstructing bud sites, and will tuck leaves where I can. There is so much written on this subject that it would confuse anyone, especially me !! I'm just gonna go by feel, which is liberating in a sense.If it feels right go for it !! Now some photo's;
IMG_083726.jpg
IMG_083828.jpg
IMG_084028.jpg
IMG_084129.jpg
IMG_084225.jpg
IMG_084326.jpg

In the veg tent;
IMG_083436.jpg
No photos today of the same old boring vegetating plant's. The photo of the temp and humidity is for demonstration purposes.
The point I'm going to make is this.If you look at the readings in the veg tent and then compare them with the flower room,
IMG_083726.jpg
You'll notice both the temp and humidity variations, now for anyone considering the purchase of an environmental controller, don't hesitate. These devices are gold. The veg tent has a passive inlet and the light is air cooled, hence the temp difference . The air intakes are from the same area, but the controller is keeping it nice in the flower room,so if anybody had doubt's about these devices they shouldn't.Probably the best investment I have made to date.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom