chrome vinyl vs mylar

bud904e

I know that mylar is the best and al foil will cause hot spots, but how about chrome vinyl? I can go spent $30 on a roll of mylar, but i already have a big roll of chrome vinyl just layin around. Will this work?

It seems to have the same reflective properties. It probably costs alot more than mylar. I just had it laying around. Plus i dont have to use anything to stick it to the walls!!!!! I will let yall know how it is when my light come back on

The vinyl seems to be doing ok. The lights have been on for a few hours and no heat increase. I even did an experiment and took a piece of the vinyl and focused the light on the probe from my thermometer and no heat increase. Hope it helps

I dont think reflective material increases the heat in a grow except if maybe you covered up an air inlet. All mylar or chrome or flat white does is make more light.

I work at a stereo and tint shop. We use the vinyl to make stickers for cars. I know that al foil will create heat and mirrors eat light. I just put it up with tape for right now untill i confirm that it wont fuck up my trees. Im not sure about mold but my rh is 30-50% at all times so i dont think it will be a prob. I will post some pics when i get home from work

Its not metal so hot spots should not be a prob. I will post pics when i get to a computer. I am using my phone

CIMG2178.JPG

CIMG2179.JPG

Here is my bathroom! Anyone wanna take a shower? hahaha
CIMG2183.JPG

CIMG2184.JPG

please excuse my mess

its pretty thick. it will only wrinkle if you crumble it. it can be reused if you dont peel the back, its what we make stickers and graphics on cars. i think it might be more expensive than mylar. i just had it layin around

Back
Top Bottom