Clones - Where am I going wrong

TheRocket

Like hell can I get them to root!! Lol
I'll go through what I'm doing and see if there's any thing wrong?

There under a 24watt t5 4 tube light inside a small plastic green house

1, Wet the rock well cubes with destilled water
2, I cut the plant at a node at 45 degree angle
3, place the clone into the rooting gel
4, Push the clone into the Rockwell cube
5, cut the fan leaves in half
6, Spray the leaves with hormone spray
7, Place in humidity dome and spray the lid
8, Leave them for 2 day
9, Spray and replace lid

2 weeks later there still not rooted! I pulled one or two out from the rock wool today and there's no roots there just a brown colour on the bottom

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

I'll go get a heat mat today and try cover them over slightly, there in the same place as the two mother plants

Done some more readying and so much conflicting advise lol.. does placing them in water before the gel make any difference?

I had that brown colours too on the nebula clone in my journal. Ripped it out after 2 weeks, got sad. But once i gave her another chance and transplanted it into 1L Airpot and gave it warm shoes it developed to my best plant.

Warm medium arround 24C is one of the keys to success.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Don't think mine are as warm as 24oc if I'm honest, I'm guessing that's the only place I'm going wrong really.. I'll try get a heat mat or a heated prop today

Just been and checked all the temps. It's just 22oc in the humidity dome so I think a heated prop might cook them?

I was using a crappy cheap one to save space but yesterday I got my decent propagator out and put them in there so got a feeling temps were probably slightly low in the cheap one as it was flimsy plastic.

I'll cover them over slightly to allow less light in

Will 22oc be ok?

Just been and checked all the temps. It's just 22oc in the humidity dome so I think a heated prop might cook them?

I was using a crappy cheap one to save space but yesterday I got my decent propagator out and put them in there so got a feeling temps were probably slightly low in the cheap one as it was flimsy plastic.

I'll cover them over slightly to allow less light in

Will 22oc be ok?

I just fried a few seedling with a cheap heated prop heat went way high at least 40° C if not a bit higher... was almost ready to pop out of the soil and decided to try the humidity dome and heater... many other garden flower seedlings vanished. Was like steam veggies due to humidity lol

Haha no way!

Should get one of them stc-1000, only cheap and easy to wire up. Think there about £8
I've to one setup for if my grow tent drops below 19oc it turns the heater on til it's back at 19.5oc

Could use one for the propagator so it switches off when it reaches 24-25oc

Think I might just stick at 22oc and hope for the best, put some bubble wrap round it lol

Like hell can I get them to root!! Lol
I'll go through what I'm doing and see if there's any thing wrong?

There under a 24watt t5 4 tube light inside a small plastic green house

1, Wet the rock well cubes with destilled water
2, I cut the plant at a node at 45 degree angle
3, place the clone into the rooting gel
4, Push the clone into the Rockwell cube
5, cut the fan leaves in half
6, Spray the leaves with hormone spray
7, Place in humidity dome and spray the lid
8, Leave them for 2 day
9, Spray and replace lid

2 weeks later there still not rooted! I pulled one or two out from the rock wool today and there's no roots there just a brown colour on the bottom

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D
pH your water down to 5.2, before soaking cubes, and then stick them in the salad dryer to get most water out. Don't spray the leaves, just the dome. And put a heating pad under the tray.

I've been using a ph of 5.5, cubes are damp but not soaking, give them a shake off after soaking (without squeezing though)

If the temp is already 22oc would a heat pad not cause more issues?

I would also agree with buying a heat mat! Clones like temps in the 80's and humidity in the upper 70's to 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom