Coco Feeding Schedule

eljefeloco

I read somewhere that as I grow in coco I can feed multiple times a day in flower. Is there a consensus as to when I can begin? Is there a limit to how many times a day is the sweet spot?

Not real good at reading the plants yet so advice of a practical nature appreciated.

If the ladies are a little hard to read look at the coco also the weight of the pot.I can only speak for myself.
In flower i do get to feeding twice aday and for a few weeks even three times aday.
But i have had ladies that never needed twice aday.You can tend to notice dry coco if you look good.
If you feed lights on and its real dry by the time you come to feed again i would say feed twice.
At lights out and on I thats me would never let my coco really dry out in FLOWER sorry for caps just
know someone will say let it dry out its not a problem.
Hope this helps some. :)

the interval between feedings shortens as you go along in coco.

roughly :

at seedling - once every 3 - 4 days.
early to mid veg 2 - 3 days
mid veg to late veg - every other day to every day
in flower - about twice a day to multiple times per day

this is a very rough guide. most folk i know in coco feed quite often. some more than the example.

feed by a read on the plants and how heavy the pots are.

you can't drown the plant in coco as long as it doesn't sit in water. coco doesn't retain moisture long, and the frequent feedings are as much for nourishment, as they are for maintaining ph balance and getting oxygen to the roots. oxygen is pulled down to the roots as you water/feed.

If the ladies are a little hard to read look at the coco also the weight of the pot.I can only speak for myself.
In flower i do get to feeding twice aday and for a few weeks even three times aday.
But i have had ladies that never needed twice aday.You can tend to notice dry coco if you look good.
If you feed lights on and its real dry by the time you come to feed again i would say feed twice.
At lights out and on I thats me would never let my coco really dry out in FLOWER sorry for caps just
know someone will say let it dry out its not a problem.
Hope this helps some. :)
Thanks for that. When you do multiple feeds per day do you need to adjust the nutrient strength?

Thanks for that. When you do multiple feeds per day do you need to adjust the nutrient strength?

a lot of coco growers start at half strength of the bottle chart and go up incrementally while keeping a watch on the plants.

it's a tricky question to answer as there are some nute lines that you can trust, others run hot. to make it more difficult, different strains/plants will also feed different from each other. plants in coco respond pretty quick to changes, it's best to try it and keep close watch.

the charts are a guide to get you into the ballpark. after that you still need to go to bat.

You don’t have to, but you can. It’s really just important to keep the medium wet and ph balanced to keep them happy as long they aren’t deficient or toxic if it’s provided and they want it they will drink it.

Naa just the same EC i would at any other feed. coco dont really hold on to nutes unless you get a build up because you
never feed to run of.Aim for 10% run each feed and your be fine.As said dont worry about over doing it when you feed.
Just dont feed to many times in a day.So if you get more than 10% run of dont worry thats np.

Back
Top Bottom