Coco overwatering despite advice

Grower2020

Ok......
25L fab pots
Canna Coco pro plus buffered
Ppm tank water 150
Nutes canna coco 1/4 strength 350ppm total including water ppm
Ph between 5.5 and 5.8 every feed
Feeding once a day like 90% of instructions I've been given by growers on 420 Mag
Over watering symptoms leaves curling down on tips. No nute burn symptoms or any other symptoms just tips turned down like drooping after watering and for at least 24hrs after watering n by the time I water again they have onky just stood back up again .
Plants are 9 days old .
Should I pull back on watering and only water every 48hrs instead on every 24hrs like everyone has told me to do
@Emilya @013 @Bill284

Pictures please... worth a thousand words and all that.
It's probs my not the best time to have taken a photo they are all standing up pretty well at the moment and they droop much more than what you see now

20210731_194440.jpg

16277248131158218011725960995679.jpg

pics . But being a coco grower i never tend to water so much when there so young.Once every two days maybe less
if the pots are telling me that.
That's what I thought n being in such big pots I think every 48hrs should be sufficient .

Ye its the reason i always up pot just makes my life easier when it comes to watering but thats fems.
They dont look to bad my friend but i would say back of on the water a little make those roots search for it
in those big pots.

But got to be honest they look ok just think you might of stunted growth a little.I would expect them to of been
a little bigger at 15 days but its real easy to stunt growth at this stage.Did it myself becuase i did not have space
but i under feed and stressed my ladies worked out fine for me but im at least 2 weeks behind a friend on here
with sim seeds popped at the same time.

Ye its the reason i always up pot just makes my life easier when it comes to watering but thats fems.
They dont look to bad my friend but i would say back of on the water a little make those roots search for it
in those big pots.

But got to be honest they look ok just think you might of stunted growth a little.I would expect them to of been
a little bigger at 15 days but its real easy to stunt growth at this stage.Did it myself becuase i did not have space
but i under feed and stressed my ladies worked out fine for me but im at least 2 weeks behind a friend on here
with sim seeds popped at the same time.
They are only 9 days old

my bad:oops: but to me they dont look to bad my friend.You noticed a problem quick fast and have adjusted i assume.
You really just needed conformation of what you already new.

Boom that’s a great observation on your part Grower 2020. The feed every day applies but only when the plant can handle it. Later on when plant is large most go to 2X per day then in flower change up to 3X per day
So if the medium is still damp i can water every couple of days while they are young like this I take it .

I’m not a coco grower but yes that’s my understanding, just don’t let it dry out all the way or it turns hydrophobic and resists water. Technically feed every time - no plain water but yes think that’s what you meant.
Cool thanks man I just upped the ppm slightly to 500ppm since I'll be watering every couple of days. Don't want them running out of nutes with less frequent feeds. Still just under 1/2 strength nutes.

Cool, cool, just keep an eye on them - from what I’ve read most stay at quarter strength all the way thru
Fingers crossed I haven't overdone it .i reckon 500ppm should be alright .
I don't think I'll go above that though
Can't wait until they get to the point where I water to run off . Been stressing about salt build up the last 9 days because not watering until run off coz they are so small. But today I have them a mini flush with ph water and then just before I gave them feed to put nutes back in and had some come out the bottom so I feel content now. I think In about a week I'll be able to feed until run off every water but I'll probably still only be on a 48hr frequency of feeds

My EC stays at 1.4/6 water starts at 0.4. And I agree with 013.after about week 3/4 my ladies need a reg feed once a day. By week 5/6 I like to be feeding twice a day 2 weeks of flower 3 times but only when needed. I have found regular feeding 3 times a day can over do it for me. It’s back down to twice about 7th week from flip. But really depends I feel on how much they drink different strains bigger root balls. Much easier to dial in when your dealing with one strain which I never do. Peace.

magnesium would be my first guess
Wtf how can i have deficiencies I don't understand . Was watering once a day with quarter strength nutes and not soaking whole pot.
Ph has been spot on with my feed every single watering between 5.6 and 5.8. Just did a ph test with a soil ph test kit and it was exactly the colour of between 5.5 and 6.
Maybe the fact that they have been too wet again like my soil grow and the lack of air is locking out the calmag?
I thought coco was basically problem free from overwatering as all sites state that it holds 22% oxygen even when fully saturated . Sounds like a load of crap that it holds 22% . They say coco dries out "so fast" n needs to be watered all the time but from what I'm seeing it definitely doesn't need watering every day. even small 1 gallon pots could get away with being watered every two days after a full soaking I have no doubt.
Lol why me ? Exact same problem as my soil grow in dumbfounded with what to do ?

Back
Top Bottom