Not growing to plan

rhetorrikz

I have two strains in week 3-4 of flower , receiving same feeds 400-500 ppm 5.8-6ph , coco, good temps atm im having trouble with one ,
would anyone offer some ideas on what to change from symptoms in pic ? Curl / droop/ of smaller leaves mainly?

20160919_203655.jpg

I feel like ive underwatered but after a good drink they still dont perk up . .
Thaught maybe salt build up but only used low ppm ? Flushed anyway with ph water. .
Quickly signs of deficiency most likely k.
After adding lightly more p k feeds im now getting confused

20160919_203756.jpg

Might have over watered mate, sounds like you have thrown alot of liquids through them lately. This looks similar to underwater so it does leave people confused sometimes. And one more thing to note mate when I or others say " over watered " this sometimes does not necessarily mean too much water, as this term is widely used to describe lack of oxygen at the roots. So if you have a heavy thick soil or poor drainage this would lead to the "over watered" symptoms, even I'd you are not giving them too much water. Hope this helps somewhat :) also if you get a close up of affected leaves I'm sure the pro's will chime in and tell you what's exactly going on there.
As always hope everything else is going good in your world.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for reply's
Im using 3 gal air pots which i thaught woulds be hard to overwater with quality coco (canna) . Water once everyday
It may have started with overwater problems.
Last 8 days have been feed- water -feed- water ect. Every second day After pots are very light now possibility leaning to underwatered ..
If you zoom a bit on the first pic you can see the curled smaller leaves withing the young cola's
What would your (anyones) next plan be for recovering or moving on?

Yeah I use air pots myself mate I get on great with them and yeah you would think they would dry up in those. If I where you I would try a dry day in between. that's what I do, water then a day of nothing then water again, depending how they react to nutes sometimes just plain water. Also I notice a few of the leaves going yellow with dark spots ? Is that correct ? If so check for little flying black bugs ( fungus gnats ) they lay eggs in soil that is stays damp and those larva attack the fine hairs of the root system, leading to lack of oxygen and slow down growth. this is another reason I water every other day as this gives the top inch of soil to dry out and should keep them at bay.
Hope this helps :)
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Thanks lilred and triggz
Yes plain ph water after every few feeds, no gnats, older leaves are left over from k def? Is what i thaught.

Just watered with good runoff , 350 ppm 5.9ppm .
I think i will up base feeds but not add cal mag due to extra n ?
What do you think?
Humidity has been very high could that contribute

20160920_214844.jpg

20160920_214626.jpg

She could be rootbound, even in the air pot. 3 gallons is quite small for her size!
I have wondered about air pots alot as I use them as well. Now I have been lead to believe that you can get away with smaller pots as the roots will use up more of the pot space instead of curling around the edges of the pot. Please any insight to this would be much appreciated .
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Looking at your schedule id say the feeding is the issue.

Canna coco is crap, especially if its the basic canna coco as its unbuffered and that could be your problem right their.

You nutes are way low for a coco grow, remember coco doesnt have nutrients in so the plants only get what you give them.

What exactly are you feeding and in what quantities? Are you using Calmag?

Its going to be real difficult to bring them back at 4 weeks flowering. Give me a list of exactly what is in your mix, what your water ec/ppm is, room temps and humidty. I can help you with coco.

I highly doubt over watering or plants being root bound is the issue. Its hard to overwater coco especially in airpots and i regularly use 3gal pots (12Litres) to grow good sized healthy plants.

This is a 3gal pot and is a regular plastic pot, you can see its a large plant for the size of the pot. It comes down to how you feed and how often in coco. Im convinced its your nute mix and feed schedule.

20160918_204257.jpg

Follow any of my journals for coco advice.

peace.

Hi rhetorrikz!

You're already addressing the P & K deficiency. 400-500 sound really low for nutes at this stage of grow. I would at least double that until you get to the final weeks. I don't use meter, I just go by FF feeding schedule, so if someone else who actually meters feeding and run-off says differently go with them.

Back to over-watering. You said you were watering 1x day. Someone else posted to only water every other day. I would let it dry out even more, almost completely (but not quite because they're already stressed.) fill a bucket with 3 gal of dry coco to get a feel for how little the pots should weigh before watering again. I constantly worried about under-watering my first batch of plants. With my second batch I've let them go to the point of all leaves drooping straight down a couple times, yet they've passed batch #1 in veg growth and flowering even at 3-4 weeks behind.

Lastly, even though They are clones in same medium, coco at that, it's still possible to have differences. Root structure or compacted medium could be why one plant is more affected. I have 5 clones, a couple with different deficiencies, others fine. No reason I can find that would cause difference except root/soil structure.

You obviously have good overall grow going. I look forward to seeing how this turns out. Checking out your grow journal next. :Namaste:

Hi cultivator ,
Appreciate your input , i have the canna coco professional? I was led to belive it is pre flushed and ph 'd with some additional myco's and mag (info from shop,
Um ok.. so tap water is used it is around 100ppm to start. yes i add grotek calmax as a cal mag at around o.5ml/L less than half recomended, then some silica then some canna coco a+b at around 1ml/L and cannazym that mix is around 500ppm then phosphoric acid ph down and about 1/4 tsp great white powder once weekly i do have some other additives around like rhizotonic , pk13/14 , an nirvana and epsom.. off the top of my head
Ill have to double check temp and humidity but around 80f and 75% lights on , humidity has allways fluctuated a bit up and down .

Firstly do not let your coco dry out completely, its not soil and needs treated differently. However if the plants are completely saturated as a 1 off allow to dry then go to 1litre liquid per day 30mins after lights go on and then adjust so that each day when you go in the plants should be light to lift but not completely dried out to the point of drooping. This is the best way to feed straight coco, ive grown thousands upon thousands of plants in coco.

You are not going to do much in the way of bringing these plants back to full health, trust me on that. The plants are at a critical stage of growth and clearly have multiple issues going on. I had similar issues with canna products a few years back and i avoid their products like the plague now. the only supplement i use from canna is cannazym but even then i prefer sensizym.

Im guessing you are based in the UK or Europe, its not important that i know but it will give me a better idea of what nutrients etc are easier for you to access.

Never trust what a grow shop tells you mate. ive heard so much bad advice given in those places, remember its a business and alot of shops want to sell you what gives them the best mark up in profit and or they may be tied to contracts with reps to meet targets for their sale or return policies.

i would add your calmag to water and increase ec by 0.2/100ppm. bring your base nutrient upto 1.6ec (800ppm) then add your p/k. do not add epsom if you are using cal mag.

stop adding rooting agents including great white mycorhizzae (fantastic product) and only add your cannazym.

PH between 5.8-6

Then go to the watering schedule i suggest. im guessing plants will take around 2litres per day in that size pot, depending on room environment of course.

Please jump on any of my journals for advice on nute lines, coco etc. I already have that info in there but it means the people reading my journals also have access to the info. You will see what i produce is consistent and quality.

Hi kingston ,
My journal has been moved to completed now. These plants are not really mentioned in there.
I would of thaught air pots with coco and plants these size should like multiple waterings per day. Back at post 4 above i did start letting them dry out more they become very light nearly starting to wilt on the second day ..
Hopefully cultivator can share how he would mix and give me a helping hand to recovery .. might be really underfed? But the claw like symptoms has had me nervous about increasing feeding

Let me know if it doesnt help. I find canna a+b always leaves some deficencies although not that bad. If you flick through this journal it might help with some info.

Cultivator's Perpetual Grows Return

This is my recent LED grow using straight coco. I use straight coco alot, infact its the only medium i use when not in full hydro.

Cultivator's NinthPlanet LED 4400W

I will give you better answers on feeds in either journal .

Peace

Back
Top Bottom