Coloring on young seedlings, please help me?

Thanks a lot. I greatly appreciate your help with this. I am doing some research as we speak about some nutes I bought way back when I planned to plant in pure Coco/Perlite, its called Advanced Nutrients, its a 3 part deal, and Im wondering if the grow formula has the cal mag stuff built in just to save me some expense. I also bought a good amount of the Coco/Perlite that I was afraid to use. Im also wondering if the Advanced nutes will mix ok in the Coco Loco im now using. Btw I neglected to mention that all my plants/seedlings are under 24 hour lights at 25" up at a grow friends advise. I have 1.5 inch seedlings as well as a couple like the one u saw? Not sure if 18/6 or maybe 20/4 will benefit me now?

IMO, the only advantage of 18/6 is that you save money on electricity. I've run both and I can say that you get faster growth with 24/0 but it's not a huge gain. If I veg for 63 days under 18/6, I could probably do that in 60-61 days with 24/0.
AN base nutes will work with coco, it does not have enough calmag in it though and their version of calmag has too much nitrogen in it for my taste. You don't need to add any other nutrients besides calcium and magnesium right now, doing so will cause nute burn. That's why I recommend a calmag supplement with as little NPK as possible (Gen Hydros is good) You can get a small bottle for $10.
2ml/gallon with every watering.

Ok, u answered all my questions, gives me great comfort to have a "Pro" guide me! I was heading in the direction of using some Nutes I bought, but sounds like u are directing me in the area of caution which I like. lot. I looked on Amazon for the Cal Mag and didnt see any that cheap, Im a tight ass he-he. I also see where different ones have different break downs like 1-0-0 and 4-0-0 and so on. does brand matter much? I will be buying it today. Btw what does it mean when the plants are very dark green, is that a strain thing ? I seemed to have read some where that it meant a problem? Also sorry I called U Bro, I found out later! Thanks a ton Tyson! Cool name!

Hello Tyson, I did actually find some reasonable Cal-mag on Amazon as u said, it s the Gen Hydro u use, should be here Monday. I will use 2 ml per gallon every watering right? Btw I up potted to my 3 gallon soft pots 2 days ago at your advise and switched to tap water and they have grown considerably in just 48 hours. I was nervous as heck to dump the first one out of its 20 oz cup, but was amazed at how root bound it was after being in that cup for only 2 weeks! Now im hoping that 3 gallon pots will be enough room for them to mature as thats absolutely all I have room for, maybe 3 of them! Im am now in need of advise on when to top, I've been reading on the subject, and am ready when the plants are, but bigger picture for me is how much topping and when to switch to 12/12 for flower given the height I have to work with?

HelloTyson, im super happy to report that after following your advise by using the cal-mag with tap water, my girls are looking awesome, perfectly even dark green color, tight node spacing. Im at the 5th set of nodes but decided to top them yesterday after the 4th node. Today the new shoots next to the topped stem have doubled in size. I am elated. Thank U soooooo much my grow friend! Pix coming soon!

Hello "TysonOG", I am still doing fine with my babies, and have been using the Cal-mag every watering since U advised me. I just switched to 12/12 lights 3 days ago. I need input from somebody on when I should start using my "Advanced Nutrients". and how much, also do I need to quit using the Cal-mag at this point? Thanks for any help on this!

Lights at 12:12 0n 1-6-21.JPG

Nice little setup you have there.
You do not want your humidifier to turn on at night... Velcro door? = Be careful of light leaks.
I'm not qualified to give nute advice but you'll want Cal Mag start to finish in coco.
Those plants should double in size in 3-4 weeks things are gonna get cramped.
I believe it's @TysonOG

Hey Seniorweeder, idk why i wasn't getting notifications, otherwise I would have responded. Calmag can be stopped after week 7 of flower imo. Nutes are fed once you notice a deficiency. Generally week 3-4 of flower seems to be when it pops up.

Nice little setup you have there.
You do not want your humidifier to turn on at night... Velcro door? = Be careful of light leaks.
I'm not qualified to give nute advice but you'll want Cal Mag start to finish in coco.
Those plants should double in size in 3-4 weeks things are gonna get cramped.
I believe it's @TysonOG
I don't cut the humidity lite on at night,,, plywood doors, he whole room is dark, as far as cramping I will remove all but 2 plants after im sure who is female and such. Thanks for the kind comments and help!

Hey Seniorweeder, idk why i wasn't getting notifications, otherwise I would have responded. Calmag can be stopped after week 7 of flower imo. Nutes are fed once you notice a deficiency. Generally week 3-4 of flower seems to be when it pops up.
Ok great, that helps a lot, I thought the nutes started around beginning of flowering stage. Great to hear from U again, U rock!

You could keep doing what your doing and check every day for the beginning of any deficiency. Then you can start adding nutes.

Sometimes recognizing deficiencies early is tough for a newer grower and I would argue a slight excess is better than a slight deficiency. Because of this you could start feeding a small amount of nutes with every other watering and monitor for tip burn on your leaves. This route would be easier and perhaps safer, either way, in coco you have the ability to make changes quickly. I don't really care for AN's feeding chart but if you want to start adding nutes, I would do the 3 part nutes at 2ml/g each, every other day.

Back
Top Bottom