Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Hey 420fied: Have you done any experimentation to determine whether - or not - using 3-liter bottles instead of 2-liter ones might provide more yield even though it would mean less plants in the same space?

Wait a minute... Hempy = perlite/vermiculite? So it's just a new name for an old-school growing method?

coke was invented in my hometowm, by john pemberton, i love coke, hehe

Me too - it's all I use to clean battery terminals, lol.

You ever throw a tooth into a can of Coca Cola and leave it set for a few days, then pour it out and try to find the tooth:)?

(I do occasionally get an irresistible craving for an old-fashioned hand-mixed cherry Coke.)

Not at all over-ambitious, but there may be aspects yet unconsidered, ie:

Even light distribution. Close enough to edge plants may dryroast centers.

Depending on the spacing and the density of the growth, if one planned to top-water by hand, things could get interesting.

LEDs are primo for flat grows, while point-source HIDs are better vertical, IMO.

Or, if used in a horizontal orientation, a stadium-type grow would better allow for equal saturation of the footprint.

I'm about to start a cfl hempy sog in 32 oz cups and some in 2 liters to see yield differences but after this grow im thinking of upgrading to a 600 w digi hps. Do you think I could do 64 clones in 2 liters under this one light with defoliation or am I pushing the limits a bit?

When using 2 liters, I've found that 30 is about the max under one light. Best of luck my friend.

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

Excellent. The more the merrier! Please feel free to provide input or ask questions. Like my other journal, I want everyone who reads this to take something useful from it.

:thanks:

I have a question about watering them how often did u water them and did u keep track of exactly how much the 2 liter bottle can handle before over watering them?

Are hempy buckets a viable option for larger plants? I'm only allowed to have 12 mature plants so SOG style grows don't make sense for my situation if I want larger yields. I was leaning towards some kind of DWC system but this just seems like waaaay less hassle.

Are hempy buckets a viable option for larger plants? I'm only allowed to have 12 mature plants so SOG style grows don't make sense for my situation if I want larger yields. I was leaning towards some kind of DWC system but this just seems like waaaay less hassle.

I remember DocBud growing some pretty large plants in 2 gallon rose buckets in one of his journals. I think there were plenty of other examples of large plants in the hempy thread that doesn't seem to exist any more. If you went real large the only concern I would think you might have is securing the buckets...it seems to me they could get pretty top heavy when they are on the dry side...

I'd just do it. Maybe use 5 gallon buckets and put clay pellets in the bottom for the weight. I put the clay pellets in my 2 gallon buckets. Hempy is the way to go. Good luck

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

I have a question about watering them how often did u water them and did u keep track of exactly how much the 2 liter bottle can handle before over watering them?

I kept track. If you read back through the beginning pages of the journal you'll see this information.

If I watered them daily they took about 8 oz. Every other day = 14-16 oz.

Check this thread out for large hempy
DIY Smart Pot Hempy Hybrid

What's the average dry weight per plant ratio in grams? Is that 2 600s of light? Sorry I forget and a lil lazy to look back. And how many plants are you averaging that is growing as a group.

I averaged 15.2 grams per plant through the first 100. I have runs of 25-30 plants as I work off of one mother. However, there's always 65-88 plants running in my garden.

I can comfortably fit 88 at a time under the dual 600's. I had 70 running until yesterday when I harvested 30. My runs have been consisting of 25-30 plants which gives me almost a pound.

I can't really give you a GPW because I haven't had a run of all 88 at once. However, if you go off of my harvest numbers you could figure it up.

I run 1200 watts. If I were to run 88 at once I could get 15 grams per. 88x15 =1320 grams. 1300/1200 = 1.1 GPW.

Back
Top Bottom