Complete beginner: no buds

First, pH is critical to get right in order to grow this plant. Get better with your tester and adjust every fluid that hits your plant, whether it is plain water or water with nutes, to 6.1 pH for coco, 6.3 for soil, 5.8 for hydro.
Next, get some bloom nutes. Nirvana is just a supplement to use in addition to a good overall nutrient.
3rd, get some calmag+. Our plants need lots of calcium and lots of magnesium. You have to supplement it in most cases.
4th, maybe you don't actually have an auto... try adjusting your light schedule to 12/12 and see if the plant switches to flowering mode.

Yes, I got the pH down also and the tester. It's very possible that was the problem, together with the light issue (before using the HPS one).
And yes, my dumb self only got that one, I always thought I'd learn as I proceed, read/learn about the nutrients when I needed to. So learned how to germinate them, that went well, grew them, got the good soil but the flowering never happened so I'll admit, my nutrients needed information is next to zero.

I'll probably have to restart with new seeds, not a problem if they actually produce something in < 3 months. And this gives me enough time to learn all I can about the nutrients part :)

- Stop at some height and trim their tops so they don't grow up ?
- use some nutrients when they grow enough.

Dont top auto's, you will slow them down. Although i have seen some top an auto a single time only with still acceptable results so if you do, only do it once.

I recommend trying General Hydroponics nutes. Very nice price and a good amount. I used fox farms for my first grow but switched to General Hydroponics and never looked back :D Also on amazon and at many local grow stores. I would pay roughly the same for the 2 types but GH has double the amount and you use less measurements than FF. Plus GH is good for soil and hydro, that was the icing on top for me :D

Thank you for your patience and responses.
If it's not much trouble, to help a fellow out, can you please point me to the exact nutrients you'd recommend for a crop ?
I can get some Dinafem Critical +2.0 Auto Feminised Seed, price is OK here.
I don't know the policies here to share some links, but if possible, would help me to know on what to stock up for the next plants.

When I was a synthetic gardener I used the FoxFarm line of soils and nutrients. I followed their well designed instructions to the letter and I was able to grow some great product. Everyone has their own preference, and that is simply mine.
Then I got wiser and realized that I could grow pot without all that stuff, organically and naturally. It is a lot more work, but I find it to be way more rewarding and cheaper to make my own soils and nutrients.

organic is still something i want to try someday. Not until i master RDWC tho. I still feel i can do better so its not time just yet to switch it up and put too much on my plate (time wise, im lazy to a point lol)

You can find General Hydroponics on amazon by searching this exactly:
FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Set + 1oz Floralicious Plus (Quarts)

1666060055476.png

you can find foxfarms with the title:
Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula - Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom Pint Size (Pack of 3)

1666060081035.png

dont forget to also buy some pH up and pH down (a combo kit, just search ph up or ph down and you can usually find a combo kit).
Also calimagic or calmag+

Hi guys!

So I got rid of the old bad plants and started anew. This time it seems to be working way better, the seeds germinated in 48h (compared to 1+ weeks before) and after 1 week, they look like in the attachment
I'm keeping them in the dark, around 22-25 degrees C for now.
I also bought the Flora stuff that vyserage recommended. Water has the pH checked at all times and adjusted with a pH down solution.
The soil is Canna Terra Professional Plus.

My questions, if you could help me not to screw them up again

1) How much water to use in this phase and how often.
2) When can I start them on light ? I suppose when the first leaves come up right?
3) Do they look Ok in the image, I didn't ruin them yet, right ?
4) I know I put them directly in the big pots, I know I'm lazy, but when I threw away the old ones, the roots were nicely covering the entire pot, not only on the bottom. So they spread OK, which is probably the main reason for up potting.
5) When I start the light and they are so small, what's the perfect distance so they get enough light and don't grow up again to fill my tent?
6) When's the best time to start with FloraGrow, considering that the soil I have already has a lot of nutrients ? At least for 2-3 weeks I think. (They are now 1 week old, since I started the germination)

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1304 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1304 - Copy.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 75
OK, light is ON, 19/5 or 20/4 don't remember exactly how I set the programmable light.
Is there a difference between those, should I make sure it's 20/4 ?

Also, here's a new image, the light is a 600W HPS, but I also have some old bulbs there that I can use too. Is the distance too high ? I can lower the light more if needed.

Thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_1305 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1305 - Copy.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 76
I always use 18/6 with my plants, and they've been happy with that.
I don't know anything about HPS lights, I use led. But I know 600W is overkill for seedlings, so if you have any less powerful light, it might be better at this stage. If that's the only light you have, I'm sure you can find out how high it should be by searching this forum. Perhaps the ballast allows for turning the power down a bit?

Crops are going ... let's say OK ?
Is it normal for them to be a bit tall and 'weak' ? Sometimes I find them fallen to the ground and i have to pick them up and put a bit of soil around them to make them 'stand up'.

Attachments

• IMG_1310 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1310 - Copy.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 67
They are tall and weak because they had no light when they needed it. They stretch to try to reach light and get tall and weak. You can support them with something until they get stronger. A little bit of oscillating fan breeze at the seedlings will help them get stronger.

OK, so this is the new setup, I'd have to say, even if they started a bit 'weak and tall', they are turning up quite nicely now. Gone are the CFL's and the HID and LEDs are in the house ! (or tent :) ).
No more extra heat, low power consumption and so on.

I replanted 2 of them deeper when they were a bit too tall and weak and now they look really good I'd say.

What do you guys think of the current grow, am I doing it right now? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1318 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1318 - Copy.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 90
Oh, sorry about that.
About colors, they are fully green, a nice 'healthy' green, no other colors or issues so far on the leaves.

No worries, mate. If people can see how the plants actually look, there are some skilled people on the forum that could tell you exactly what your plants might need or not.

If you're going to keep all 5 plants in the tent, I'd flip them soon. They'll grow tall due to limited space to grow wide.

Yes, I suppose I'll keep them in the tent, I thought 1x1 meters should be good for 5 plants.
Sorry to be a n00b, reading now all I can, but when you say flip them, you mean switch to 12/12 so they go in the blooming phase? Is that required for autoflowering ones? Right now I have them on a 20/4 (or 19/5, don't remember how I set the timer :) )
I started the germination on Dec 5, so they are less than 1 month old.
Thanks for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom