Cotton filter for pipe

datfatboi

so i usually smoke a bong and take around 0.3g hits, 0.3g from a pipe would probably shut down my lungs.

i recently started putting little pieces of cotton in the mouthpiece of my pipe and it makes the smoke much much smoother and filters out big bits of stuff.

do you guys think it filters out some of the thc? (also consider, smoother hit= you can hold it for longer)

Welcome @datfatboi :welcome:

so i usually smoke a bong and take around 0.3g hits, 0.3g from a pipe would probably shut down my lungs.

i recently started putting little pieces of cotton in the mouthpiece of my pipe and it makes the smoke much much smoother and filters out big bits of stuff.

do you guys think it filters out some of the thc? (also consider, smoother hit= you can hold it for longer)
Hmmm :hmmmm: that's a good question :nerd-with-glasses: I would think so, as pipes get resinated just being smoked out of :passitleft:

Welcome @datfatboi :welcome:

Hmmm :hmmmm: that's a good question :nerd-with-glasses: I would think so, as pipes get resinated just being smoked out of :passitleft:
i'm sorry let me ask it in a different way, so obviously it will filter out some compounds, but so does bong water, i guess my question is just how much is it filtering? i really put little cotton in my pipe just enough to catch those little bits of smoke that get on your tongue when smoking a pipe (even when using a metal mesh)

The @PerfectPipe uses filters- they cool off the smoke, but don't seem to block any of the "important" stuff
until they get dirty (about 3 bowls worth)
So your cotton isn't a bad idea, just change it often, and enjoy the cooler smoke!

Re the PerfectPipe, yes exactly it sounds like their little filters work great for them, I wish they were sold in NZ I'd love to get one. I used to use a Silver Surfer which has a long air path (thru a 3 foot whip) allowed the resulting vapour to be pretty smooth. When I moved to short air path of a dynavap, at first I found it great in that it gave bigger hits but after some time I found that 'rawness' of the dynavap vapour started to trouble my breathing so I got a little glass bubbler unit which made it nice and smooth. Like you, I wondered if I am losing something by doing so but I think at the end of the day it is always better to reduce where possible any harshness that is found. But because of oral surgery I had last week, so far this year I have not vaped and only consumed cannabis as an edible.

The @PerfectPipe uses filters- they cool off the smoke, but don't seem to block any of the "important" stuff
So your cotton isn't a bad idea, just change it often, and enjoy the cooler smoke!
yeah it's not something i'll do all the time anyway's,when i'm home i'd rather smoke bong, when i'm outside i'd rather smoke joints but that add's up if you're buying weed at high prices like here and my stash is running out so i wanna switch to pipes when i'm outdoors...

is there any research on the subject? on how much filters absorb THC and cbd? i'm just trying to understand if it's worth it, if i'm only losing like 5% thc in the cotton then for me it's worth it because of the smoother and cleaner smoke. but if it's like 30%, then hell nha! because you'll need to smoke more to get high anyways

is there any research on the subject?
I've sort of done my own research (when I ran out of filters for a few days)- I felt no difference in the high, with or without the filter in the pipe...the filtered smoke is a little cooler, but that's the only difference.
When the filter gets dirty, then I can feel the difference, it does block some thc, so I just change it every other time...

It makes no difference at all or at least negligent,,a couple of blasts with the filer in then a couple without you'll notice yourself no difference in the actual high but it will keep shit out ya lungs
It becomes a pain in the ass having to change filters especially when it slips an then u sitting there for half hour with a needle trying to dig out a grotty bit of filter only to find out u haven't got it all an u light it just clear the bowl an u suck in a dank nasty peice of cotton bringing on the dry boke, an choking the shit out ya ,,ah yeah the good days lol

:bong: :hookah::bongrip:

No cotton or charcoal filter removes THC. The stop RESIN (unburnt flower, tar and dry bits of flower)
Our MAZE-X pipe is considered one of the best if not the best in the industry. Its specifically designed to filter and cool the smoke without any additional filters. Our customers coal it the GOAT pipe , watch this video below to this see very simple but powerful filtering and cooling technology

AMS_5257-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom