Could I use this light to germinate autoflowers

AgedMaster

This will probably be a stupid question to the vast knowledge on this website

could i use this light to germinate autoflowers. until first set of fan leaves show i only have a hps dual spectrum light lowest i could go would be 250w

WP_20220318_12_31_52_Pro - Copy.jpg

This will probably be a stupid question to the vast knowledge on this website
The only stupid questions, are those left unasked.

Dwight gave the perfect answer (Hi Dwight :ciao:). But I'll add one other cheap option. Look for a small cheap T5 light. They're great for germination and the start of seedlings, without hurting the wallet too badly. I've had the same T5 for years, and while I don't use it for long, it works perfectly for me. But if you've already bought that light- go for it!!
Good luck, and pepper away with questions!

When i began growing cannabis I had people express a large amount of common miss information, common knowledge and had to ask many questions and filter out what does works and what is only rummer.

The GU10 socket LED light is sufficient for a small seedling.

You must watch the distance from the light source is proper as if the LED light is too close the light intensity may bleach the leaves.

Small cannabis seedlings require gentle light.

The only stupid questions, are those left unasked.

Dwight gave the perfect answer (Hi Dwight :ciao:). But I'll add one other cheap option. Look for a small cheap T5 light. They're great for germination and the start of seedlings, without hurting the wallet too badly. I've had the same T5 for years, and while I don't use it for long, it works perfectly for me. But if you've already bought that light- go for it!!
Good luck, and pepper away with questions!
thanks pal i have one more question i will be germinating directly in pots 3gal will this be enough light to cover the 3 pots im out of money i had to buy new light had to buy a tube heater and seeds

When i began growing cannabis I had people express a large amount of common miss information, common knowledge and had to ask many questions and filter out what does works and what is only rummer.

The GU10 socket LED light is sufficient for a small seedling.

You must watch the distance from the light source is proper as if the LED light is too close the light intensity may bleach the leaves.

Small cannabis seedlings require gentle light.
thanks for information :thumb:

for a short while it will be fine, but soon your plants are going to require a lot more light. Better start saving!
They said they had a 250w HPS dual spectrum, they was just worried about it being too much for seedlings. I've done many under a floor lamp or table lamp until they was around their 3rd node as they seem to start to stretch too much after that looking for more light.

thanks pal i have one more question i will be germinating directly in pots 3gal will this be enough light to cover the 3 pots im out of money i had to buy new light had to buy a tube heater and seeds

There are some guidelines on effective light requirements for cannabis plants. The GU10 base LED light bulb will not have sufficient intensity for the square foot area for 3x 3 gallon sized pots.

The GU10 base LED lights I have are only 5.5 watts which may be suitable for a single seedling.

They said they had a 250w HPS dual spectrum, they was just worried about it being too much for seedlings. I've done many under a floor lamp or table lamp until they was around their 3rd node as they seem to start to stretch too much after that looking for more light.
definitely be aware of the distance between the light and the plants... Dwight is right, you could fry the young plants. Have you seen the chart showing LUX as related to the distance from an HPS light?

definitely be aware of the distance between the light and the plants... Dwight is right, you could fry the young plants. Have you seen the chart showing LUX as related to the distance from an HPS light?
ive researched a lot some say u can use 250hps from start as long as the light is top of tent i dont no if thats true i have a free seed with bad reviews its called cash crop auto i will test with that first see results this is my first time from seed thanks for advise everyone also the light is cool white ive put hand under there no heat thats why ive got a tube heater also my hps dual spectrum bulb goes to 600w

Back
Top Bottom