Couldn't Help Myself

Oh, I don't actually do any growing in the woods, just out by the front door. Way too many deer

I hadn't noticed that you live in Canada. I guess you probably have to worry more about animals than LEO and helicopters up there. Some states in the United States are still pretty draconian, and the deer - which people can sometimes legally shoot, lol - can be the least of the growers' worries.

I once drove along a section of highway - at 60+ MPH - with my windows rolled down and thought, "Wow, I bet I could follow my nose right to those plants." I didn't, of course, because that would make me a ripper - but, as it turned out, the local LEO didn't have any compunctions in that regard.

I did grow some variety of Norther Lights outdoors one year, and it took me about three hours to find one of my plants even though I knew the general area I'd placed it in. Wasn't much odor from those.

I hadn't noticed that you live in Canada. I guess you probably have to worry more about animals than LEO and helicopters up there. Some states in the United States are still pretty draconian, and the deer - which people can sometimes legally shoot, lol - can be the least of the growers' worries.

I once drove along a section of highway - at 60+ MPH - with my windows rolled down and thought, "Wow, I bet I could follow my nose right to those plants." I didn't, of course, because that would make me a ripper - but, as it turned out, the local LEO didn't have any compunctions in that regard.

I did grow some variety of Norther Lights outdoors one year, and it took me about three hours to find one of my plants even though I knew the general area I'd placed it in. Wasn't much odor from those.

No, they son't have a whole lot of smell to them. I used to hang around with a guy who would do a SOG of around 80 NL in his basement in a dummy room.

Things are a little more relaxed in Canada now, that's for sure. But I'm still taking a chance growing them where I do.

How's these plants doing Fly, any pics? How's my girl looking ?

Your plant, Guy, is smoked. Happened when I threw out my back while you were on vacation. Another nuke-dry. Good on the back but harsh on the lungs.

Your plant, Guy, is smoked. Happened when I threw out my back while you were on vacation. Another nuke-dry. Good on the back but harsh on the lungs.
Oh man....you weren't kidding lol. You need a bigger group of plants lol. Tomorrow's Moncton day.....stock up lol!

Oh man....you weren't kidding lol. You need a bigger group of plants lol. Tomorrow's Moncton day.....stock up lol!

Well, tomorrow would have been Moncton day. The wife's cheque got screwed up this week. I'll have to see what I can order after all the bills are paid out of my cheque, if anything.

Wish I had one. I'm kinda stuck with the nuker.

The problem with using a microwave, IMHO (in addition to the usual issues with quick-drying bud in the first place :icon_roll) is that, AfaIK, they work by causing immense amounts of heat to very small portions of the product, and then that overly-heated portion in turn heats the rest of the item. IOW, part of the "goodness" is likely to be destroyed.

I'm basing this on the fact that I can stick a 49-cent frozen burrito into the microwave for a couple minutes, take it out, and get burned on the first three bites, lol, then bite down on a piece of icy chicken (<YUCK!>). And I'm guessing that this is why many microwave "cooking" instructions state that the product should be allowed to sit for (variously) one to three minutes in order for the temperatures to equalize, IOW the part that is 300°F can heat the remainder up to 160°F while it cools to the same temperature.

BtW, ever stick a big ball of wadded up aluminum foil into a micowave and set the thing on high for a couple minutes? No, don't, lol (not even if you work midnights in a convenience store and want to see the ball bouncing around in someone else's appliance). What about sticking a small tube fluorescent bulb in there and watched it light up when you started the microwave? Yeah, that one probably isn't safe, either. Err... Stuck a DVD in there, label side down, for nine to eleven seconds? THAT seems safe - and it's a cool way to make an optical disc unreadable (via normal consumer-level means). Plus you get a little light(ning) show ;) . And there's less blood than spinning one up to 30,000 RPM on your Dremel tool and then flicking it off six feet away from a door (it'll usually roll at the door at high speed, then rebound, roll at the door at high speed, rebound, etc. - but once in a while, you'll be sitting on the floor with it spun up, lightly flick the disc with a fingernail to bump it off the sanding roll (whatever)... and the disc will explode. Disc shards flung at 30,000 RPM tend to... sting).

Err... Sorry, rambling. Anyway...

For a small bud (or parts of same, if you break it up a little), you can probably dry it relatively quickly by sticking it on a plate and placing that on top of a regular household lamp. Or you can place it in your oven overnight if it is old enough to have a constant-on pilot light. If not, you could set the oven to some low temperature (140°F to 170°F, for example), and then place the bud in there on a piece of shiny cardstock or the like after the oven reaches the set temperature and you turn it off. This can be pretty quick, but usually takes a few to several "cycles." Unless you forget to turn the oven off, the doorbell rings, and it ends up being in there for a half hour while the oven keeps kicking on and off :rolleyes3 . IIRC, that temperature won't even quickly decarboxylate the buds - and is well below the temperature that vaporizers run. Will you still lose some terpene content? Sure, probably. But I'd guess that it'd be less than the amount lost in a microwave. (I could be mistaken, of course...)

Hey I don't mind the rambling. I got back from massage therapy less than an hour ago and I just put out a big fatty (medicinal, of course, for my back).

I was actually wondering if the microwave would decarb anything in it. Best I can tell you is it didn't kill the THC hahaha. We had two days of thunderstorms now and weather like this just ruins me. There's been days at work when people told me I was nuts for telling them rain was coming, but I know when it's on the way. I just feel it in my joints and I look at the leaves on the trees to verify my first impression. The human barometer, I am. Fuckin' sucks, though, to be honest with ya.

I can ramble with the best of them but I'll keep it short for now. Most of my rambling is just griping anyway.

Anyone who isn't a walking barometer by age 40 hasn't lived life.

I agree!! I ruptured my L4+L5 discs in the military. It's a bitch. Take it easy and hope your feeling better soon.

L4 & 5... that's in the area of my problems. I had kidney surgery bacl in the 80s (the days of highly invasive surgery) that left the muscles in my left side all out of whack which in turn frigged up my vertebrae.

What unit were you with? I was in the Air Force back in the days of my kidney op, actually. I was in 410 Cougar Squadron, Cold Lake. First F-18 squadron in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom