CrankyMaddog's First Indoor Grow & Journal

re: CrankyMaddog's First Indoor Grow & Journal

Shit forgot to ask ya, what nutes ya useing? Sorry if ya noted it somewhere might have missed it!

I use FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom....and stared adding molasses to feed the soil.

Hey Cranky,

I subbed, little late, but I'm always tardy! You mentioned you used Fox ocean forest for your starter cups. Could you give me a detail on what you used for the buckets once you transplanted your girls?

Thanks

:Namaste:

Jeff

The same FF Ocean Forest...I used it with my first outdoor grow last year and had great results with minimal nutes needed.

Thanks for checking out my journal. I love the feedback and the interacting with other members of the community. :peace:

Don't matter where we are in this world, but when it comes to growing our precious plants, we are all brothers and sisters in one big community. Reminds me of the camaraderie you would find with your brothers and sisters in the military!

Jeff

I use FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom....and stared adding molasses to feed the soil.

The same FF Ocean Forest...I used it with my first outdoor grow last year and had great results with minimal nutes needed.

Thanks for checking out my journal. I love the feedback and the interacting with other members of the community. :peace:

I feel stupid for asking MadDog, but how many bags of the FF Ocean Forest fills up a 5 gallon container, if that’s what you are using to put the plants in?

By the way consider me subbed!

Jeff

I feel stupid for asking MadDog, but how many bags of the FF Ocean Forest fills up a 5 gallon container, if that’s what you are using to put the plants in?

By the way consider me subbed!

Jeff

Thanks for subbing, Jeff!:welcome: Nothing to feel stupid about, this is why we are here is to learn from others, and to have fun. For this grow I bought (2) 1.5 cubic feet or 42.5 Liters Bags. With the seedlings and (4) 5 gallon pots, I had about a half a bag extra. So I would say just under half a bag for a 5 gallon container. :peace:

Here is the latest and greatest update. One question in the last photo...Is it cool to cut off these lower buds and let the plant focus more on the upper branches? Will it suffer any set back from removing just the lowest couple? I think it would be okay, but want to make sure before chop, chopping. Starting to notice those fan leaves effected by my drought are now dying fast...This is normal I would think...any thoughts???

6_29_13.JPG
6_29_13l.JPG
6_29_13g.JPG
6_29_13p.JPG

upclose.png

This is what i was talking about:
6_29_13b.JPG

:peace:

some growers remove all the lower bud sites that will not produce much in an effort to have the plant focus its energy's into top buds receiving most of the light, you can do this if you like. you could try to clone that lower sections you are going to remove if you do not have a clone of the plant already, but it will take longer to root then a plant in a vegetative state. a plant can not repair damaged tissues, it can only compartmentalize off damaged tissues and grow new area that try to bypass the damaged tissues. i would give your plants pH adjusted water only until it improves.

Thanks Hodder!!! Much appreciated.

Yea, last night I chopped it off that one and only branch. It was all weird looking anyways. All the others are looking healthy and happy, so why mess with them. Will post another update either tonight or tomorrow.

On a side note with the polls closed....Congrats to you, KingJohnC, on being 420 Member of the Month!!!! :bravo:

On a side note with the polls closed....Congrats to you, KingJohnC, on being 420 Member of the Month!!!! :bravo:

thank you kindly

Cranky,

Your girls continue to look just lovely!!! Very pretty pic of the rainbow too.

Thanks again for sharing.

Soooooooo, ummmm, yea......today is the beginning of the 6th week of flower....can anyone see a problem in these pictures?

DSC015094.JPG
DSC015065.JPG

Yes, you are seeing right. Some how, some way, both plants on the lower branches are sprouting seeds!!! I checked again today to ensure no light leaks. Trust me it is pitch black in there(sat in there for 10 minutes could see nothing). The seeds are not on every branch....the colas and higher up branches seem clear(as of now). I am running through everything I might have done. Studying up, I see that I could have done so many things wrong.....oh well live and learn. I will be finishing the grow regardless. Will have to do a lot of work on sanitizing the room before the next round.

Thanks trichomes...Fan from beginning Check[x]:
7_1_13.JPG

Maddog, you guys keep talking about Trichomes being clear or cloudy under some sort of magnification you are using. Are you telling me I need to invest in a microscope as well??? I thought college was long behind me! Also, is there a place on this site that has pics of what should be considered normal or not? Something for reference, especially for us guys up here in Alaska who will never get near a dispensary or a chance meeting with another grower lol!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom