re: CrankyMaddog's First Indoor Grow & Journal

Happier looking pictures:
7_6_13.JPG
7_6_13b.JPG
7_6_13c.JPG

SO frustrated....
:peace:

Maddog,

It may not help, but look at it from a different perspective. You might have failed to even germinate a seed, your plant could have become diseased and died, nute lock, lights crashing down and killing them. Nothing like that happened, you have some beautiful plants there that I would be proud of and I'm sure will be pleasant and relaxing for you. Seeds are a small side note to an otherwise excellent grow.

:Namaste:

Jeff

you need a 30x jewellers loop to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest, most people harvest at 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and 30%-50% amber trichomes for "body stone" sedative effect.

you need a 30x jewellers loop to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest, most people harvest at 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and 30%-50% amber trichomes for "body stone" sedative effect.

I believe I have one from the electronics soldering I do, When you mention the percentages, is that over the whole plant or each bud? That's saying I understand trichomes as much as I think I do lol!

you have to check the percentage of amber trichomes on different areas of the plant, you have to check each bud and chose when to harvest the whole plant. you can also partially harvest the top portion of a cannabis plant and leave the bottom to mature more.

This does not pertain to the forum, but just wanted to say thanks for serving Dharma! Fellow Corpsman here

I am ex-Navy myself....and thank all that serve and that are serving!!!! :thumb:

Jeff...Thank you for putting a positive spin on things.That really helped a lot!!!! :thanks:

KingJohn is correct as always! Here is the scope that I use though, it is about 15 dollars. I have a 30x jewellers loop, but don't like it as much as I like this one. I just take a little cutting(as you can see) and use that to examine. I am no expert, but what I did last time was to take two different cuttings from different locations and look to see if they had the same amount of amber....or close to the same. Hope that helps.
DSC0151810.JPG

Some say the zoom is to much...but I like it you can really see each tricomb..pretty cool. If you want to see a cool thing, put your finger under it you can see the oil form on your fingers..pretty neat. :peace:

I am ex-Navy myself....and thank all that serve and that are serving!!!! :thumb:

Jeff...Thank you for putting a positive spin on things.That really helped a lot!!!! :thanks:

KingJohn is correct as always! Here is the scope that I use though, it is about 15 dollars. I have a 30x jewellers loop, but don't like it as much as I like this one. I just take a little cutting(as you can see) and use that to examine. I am no expert, but what I did last time was to take two different cuttings from different locations and look to see if they had the same amount of amber....or close to the same. Hope that helps.
DSC0151810.JPG

Some say the zoom is to much...but I like it you can really see each tricomb..pretty cool. If you want to see a cool thing, put your finger under it you can see the oil form on your fingers..pretty neat. :peace:

Maddog, is that something I can find on Ebay? I found my Bausch&Lomb Eye loop and its' only 10x. It was only bought to help with SMT electronics.

Jeff

WOW!!! I FELT LIKE I WAS THERE FROM DAY 1 AFTER SPENDING 20 MIN OF READING YOUR JOURNAL FROM START TO PRESENT. IM SO HYPED UP RIGHT ABOUT NOW ON WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO, IM GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR:slide: REPS ON JUST MAKING THIS A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY MORNING

BackPackin, were you FMF as well? Thanks for the props!

:Namaste:

Jeff

Thanks for serving as well Cranky! I was blue side for 4 years and finally got orders to 1st and was excited to move back to cali from the east coast, but 2 days before I was set to move my family I was involved in a hit and run motorcycle accident which left my right leg obliterated which led to a long battle and ended up with a medical discharge. I should have listened to my wife and never bought that bike! But now I am able to do what I want to do now that im out. :blunt:

Thanks for serving as well Cranky! I was blue side for 4 years and finally got orders to 1st and was excited to move back to cali from the east coast, but 2 days before I was set to move my family I was involved in a hit and run motorcycle accident which left my right leg obliterated which led to a long battle and ended up with a medical discharge. I should have listened to my wife and never bought that bike! But now I am able to do what I want to do now that im out. :blunt:

I never did Blue, I went from a rescue swimmer billet right to FMF school, then right to the field and never looked back. 7 tours I did, I think back and probably would do it all over again with the lives I saved, including Iraqi and Afghani.

Hey all, We had a bad storm move right through our area Sunday afternoon, that knocked down a power line down the road from us. So no power for 5 hours and then when it came back on, we had no internet. They just got that fixed today...FINALLY!! The joys of living in the boonies. I will give a full update later today, just wanted to let everyone know I'm back....:peace:

FORGET ABOUT THE POWER BUT NO INTERNET? :yikes:CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT.....

Back
Top Bottom