Crawdaddy's 2014 Summer Outdoor Season

Healthy and beautiful plants, Crawdaddy.
Maybe I missed it, I skipped a few pages, but do you leave them all in pots, or do some go in the ground?
I find plants in the ground usually do better, providing the soil has been prepared well, or they're planted in good soil to begin with.
Keep it hazy,
Duncan.

Healthy and beautiful plants, Crawdaddy.
Maybe I missed it, I skipped a few pages, but do you leave them all in pots, or do some go in the ground?
I find plants in the ground usually do better, providing the soil has been prepared well, or they're planted in good soil to begin with.
Keep it hazy,
Duncan.

Thanks and welcome bro!

They are all in pots of one kind or another, the whole patio is concrete and other point in the yard can be seen easily, the big concrete patio is the most private. So kind of hard to plant in ground LOL.

Here is the rundown...

Big Blueberry-25 gallon nursery pot ProMix mix (all my soil mix is ProMIx HP + 1 bag of Ancient forest per bail+2 cups fine dolomite per 10 gallons) (back Middle)
Flower Bomb Kush (FBK) -20 Gallon nursery pot Promix mix (back Left, 2nd picture is it a week back it hidden back there)
Critical-20 gallon nursery pot ProMix mix (back Right)
DSCN22422.JPG

DSCN22193.JPG

and these last two are both growin 'Capn Style', 15 gallon airpots with rockwool cubes top feed with big res on bottom..\
DSCN22435.JPG

Barney's Vanilla Kush (BVK)(right)
Barney's Crimea Blue (BCB)(left)

Hope that helps!

Thanks and welcome bro!

They are all in pots of one kind or another, the whole patio is concrete and other point in the yard can be seen easily, the big concrete patio is the most private. So kind of hard to plant in ground LOL.

Here is the rundown...

Big Blueberry-25 gallon nursery pot ProMix mix (all my soil mix is ProMIx HP + 1 bag of Ancient forest per bail+2 cups fine dolomite per 10 gallons) (back Middle)
Flower Bomb Kush (FBK) -20 Gallon nursery pot Promix mix (back Left, 2nd picture is it a week back it hidden back there)
Critical-20 gallon nursery pot ProMix mix (back Right)

and these last two are both growin 'Capn Style', 15 gallon airpots with rockwool cubes top feed with big res on bottom..\

Barney's Vanilla Kush (BVK)(right)
Barney's Crimea Blue (BCB)(left)

Hope that helps!

Wow! Looking so good. I would kill to have that set up in my back yard. What a great playground. I can tell there has been significant growth since the last time I saw these plants.

I really like your choice to amend the promix with the ancient forest. That is a great combo. Did you make that dirt recipe up?

Can't wait until a couple months when these things are all budded out. Especially interested in the barney's genetics.

Wow! Looking so good. I would kill to have that set up in my back yard. What a great playground. I can tell there has been significant growth since the last time I saw these plants.

I really like your choice to amend the promix with the ancient forest. That is a great combo. Did you make that dirt recipe up?

Can't wait until a couple months when these things are all budded out. Especially interested in the barney's genetics.

Thanks so much man!

For the soil mix not sure where I got idea, think saw one guy amend with ancient forest and another with dolomite, so I figured why now both. Plus was having pH fluctuations near end so figured dolomite help that. There is some in pro mix as is, but not enough IMO.

Well we get Barney's genetics growin Cap'n style, and they are looking great so far, was going to get some stem shots tomorrow, the vanilla Kush stalk is especially think and gnarly.

Jarred and weighed the 4 autoflowers harvested last weekend...

This one is nice...
DSCN22613.JPG
DSCN22622.JPG
DSCN22632.JPG
DSCN22643.JPG

DSCN22653.JPG

And so is this one, excuse the cat hair dropped on floor:(
DSCN22663.JPG
DSCN22674.JPG
DSCN22685.JPG
DSCN22694.JPG
DSCN22702.JPG

This one a bit airy, but still looks potent and smells good
DSCN22714.JPG

DSCN22725.JPG
DSCN22733.JPG
DSCN22743.JPG

This one my favorite though, just has that look :)
DSCN22752.JPG

DSCN22764.JPG

DSCN22773.JPG
DSCN22782.JPG

These 4:
Previous 3:
total: 130.2

And the bud seems ot smoke well too:) pleasantly surprised overall with my first auto grow. Easy as pie too.

Pot topiary! Nice. I notice many people trim their buds to an inch of their lives to make them look all pretty. I smoke the small sugar leaves with the buds. Grind it all together. If the leaves have only a little trichomes I remove them, but the ones that are loaded remain. Is there a reason why buds are groomed so tightly? Does it make better curing?

It's because we are interested in growing dense, finely groomed, and well formed nuggets.

For me, it just depends on my mood. If I'm lazy I'll leave some sugar leaves on there, and it usually helps the cure and flavor processing because it doesn't dry out too quickly.

I like to trim my nugs pretty damn tight, especially the spring harvests because they're not going to get a big long cure anyway so it needs to be easier for me to use for maximum enjoyment :) Just makes the hash pile bigger and makes the buds more enjoyable when it's time to vaporize.

So beautiful. Great work, I'm really impressed ;) happy smoking!
God that big blueberry... can't wait to see how that turns out! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I guess it makes sense. Commercial pot is dense individual small buds. I never understood how they get those like that, but I know the big operations have trim machines. It's fine for them because they come in and scrape and make oils, etc.

I suppose once I build up a really good stash, I'll start to trim nicer. I don't know how much pot I have left, but it is not more than a few ounces, if that. It should last me a couple of months.

I have another question. When you use a grinder and it gets coated in gunk, how to you get the gunk off without ruining it? I know I can swab it off with alcohol, but I don't want to wreck the green glue. What then?

It depends on what the grinder is made out of, but I usually scrape it out using an ice pick and collect the "fairy dust'" so to speak.

Using a solvent would entail evaporating the solvent, or like you said, could dissolve the "glue"

I use a metal grinder so there is no issue with things like that.

Jarred and weighed the 4 autoflowers harvested last weekend...

This one is nice...
DSCN22613.JPG
DSCN22622.JPG
DSCN22632.JPG
DSCN22643.JPG

DSCN22653.JPG

And so is this one, excuse the cat hair dropped on floor:(
DSCN22663.JPG
DSCN22674.JPG
DSCN22685.JPG
DSCN22694.JPG
DSCN22702.JPG

This one a bit airy, but still looks potent and smells good
DSCN22714.JPG

DSCN22725.JPG
DSCN22733.JPG
DSCN22743.JPG

This one my favorite though, just has that look :)
DSCN22752.JPG

DSCN22764.JPG

DSCN22773.JPG
DSCN22782.JPG

These 4:
Previous 3:
total: 130.2

And the bud seems ot smoke well too:) pleasantly surprised overall with my first auto grow. Easy as pie too.

Just bumping this forward Brotha :thumb:

Yeah, I guess it makes sense. Commercial pot is dense individual small buds. I never understood how they get those like that, but I know the big operations have trim machines. It's fine for them because they come in and scrape and make oils, etc.

I suppose once I build up a really good stash, I'll start to trim nicer. I don't know how much pot I have left, but it is not more than a few ounces, if that. It should last me a couple of months.

I have another question. When you use a grinder and it gets coated in gunk, how to you get the gunk off without ruining it? I know I can swab it off with alcohol, but I don't want to wreck the green glue. What then?

Personally, I've been using the same metal grinder for almost 4 years (and I smoke a LOT) so it gets clogged up like weekly. Then I just take a paper clip and scrape it like I've got OCD, don't press hard, just scrape back and forth a lot. but I bet there's better ways. If I get desperate, sometimes I smoke it. that's just me though.

Hi Soil Girl. Nice to meet you. I am never sure who is a woman or a man on this forum! It doesn't matter much.

That said, i do use a razor blade to scrape gently, but it seems so inefficient. I have all of that stuff saved in a small container. One day I will smoke it.

The g/F washes my aluminum one in our dishwasher every now and then, it a pretty new one so gets SUPER hot in there. Like new after words basically.

Just bumping this forward Brotha :thumb:

:thumb:

Hey Craw, Ima chop my auto soon; how'd you cure yours, looks so tasty.

Trimmed, put in paper bags in top corner of veg closet, waited 5 days :)

Hi Soil Girl. Nice to meet you. I am never sure who is a woman or a man on this forum! It doesn't matter much.

That said, i do use a razor blade to scrape gently, but it seems so inefficient. I have all of that stuff saved in a small container. One day I will smoke it.

That works but hard to get completely clean, I used to save that, now i just have too much pot in general lol. Still have ounces from last fall harvest.

Hiya Gardenfaerie! Nice to meet you too =) I saw your name in the list of people who are doing grow journals but I haven't got to it yet, I will though. This site is so cool, I'm glad I finally signed up (I've been using pest problem solvers and other stuff here for a long time though), I'm also starting my first grow journal, though its not on the level of Craw's (once again, Freakin' awesome work Crawdaddy!)

Oh my, you saved it all? I'd have a nice little gram jar of that stuff, I saved some for a while but then I was clumsy and it became an offering to the carpet... like many ill fated joints of mine.. lol :p

Back
Top Bottom