Dank Doctors Diagnose!

Young Yoda

Hi, I have a sour diesel auto here day 56. She's been getting this problem coming up from the lower leaves very quickly last few days. Soil of course, last two waters were:
6.5 in / 6.5 out water with a bit of cal-mag and silica
6.2 in / 6.5 out 500ppm maxibloom solution + cal-mag

Help please thanks!

IMG_20161127_133449.jpeg

Knowing nothing about what you've been doing or what you are growing, it looks over fed to me.

I have about 6 autos cycling through a 2 x 4 tent with 2 180w draw led panels plus 23w cfls. This one showing since like day 15.
The soil is a mix of FFOF, FF Happy frog, old potting soil, and a bunch of supplementals. 3gal pots.
Temp from 67 to 77, RH around 35 as it gets cold.
Water roughly every 4 days, when the pots get light. Mainly clean water, little cal mag + silica for first 40ish days. Then she got a few feeds from 400-500ppm. Tap water has 150-200ppm in it. I did this because previous plants were showing deficiencies around this stage even though pH seemed fine..
I check pH in and out and try to keep everything close to 6.2-6.5
There were some fungus gnats. Today I also noticed a little powdery mildew.. Planning to try sm-90 for this?

Same diagnosis doc?

I have about 6 autos cycling through a 2 x 4 tent with 2 180w draw led panels plus 23w cfls. This one showing since like day 15.
The soil is a mix of FFOF, FF Happy frog, old potting soil, and a bunch of supplementals. 3gal pots.
Temp from 67 to 77, RH around 35 as it gets cold.
Water roughly every 4 days, when the pots get light. Mainly clean water, little cal mag + silica for first 40ish days. Then she got a few feeds from 400-500ppm. Tap water has 150-200ppm in it. I did this because previous plants were showing deficiencies around this stage even though pH seemed fine..
I check pH in and out and try to keep everything close to 6.2-6.5
There were some fungus gnats. Today I also noticed a little powdery mildew.. Planning to try sm-90 for this?

Same diagnosis doc?

Hmmm...they don't sound over-fed but that is still what it looks like to me.
RH was/is low.
Is the 400-500 PPM above and beyond the 150-200 PPM of the water, or does that include the water's hardness? And does it include the added cal-mag? Cal-mag adds a lot of EC. Dunno about Silica - I don't use it. Have you ever measured the EC of your run off water?

I was thinking maybe too much cal mag, I have added it every time. That ppm includes everything hardness cal mag silica and maxibloom.
I have not measured runoff ec.

Also, do you think sm-90 is a good choice for pm? I have had it before, cleaned the op thoroughly before this cycle but it's back. I have found it only in the densest low-light/wet inner plant areas.

Thanks for the assistance!

I use silica because it does seem to increase the bulging action around wounds and new growths.

The reason I asked about the runoff PPM is, I had some old soil that had build-up of old nute's (I think). Since you are in fairly small pots it wouldn't take too much for a salt build-up. I think I'd just back way off on feeding, but I'm making a guess.

I've been lucky and not had to deal with PM. Despite the name, PM grows better in dry conditions. Try to raise your RH a little. Also, it is supposed to be sensitive to PH. Growers use everything from neem to milk to H2O2 for treatment. My research led me to Potassium Bicarbonate. I bought some and my wife used it on our grapes. It worked really well. Read up on it. It appears to be as effective (or more effective) as anything, and is inexpensive. I have never used SM-90.

Back
Top Bottom