Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Love your DDAs, Mr Am4zin - so healthy and vibrant! Love the purple colour coming, too.

My Dark Devil Auto seeds seem to have disappeared into the maw of Canadian Customs. Herbies is very kindly reshipping and we'll see if they actually get here this time! I can't wait to join this journal!

Thanks friend. At this very moment I sit here having a debate with myself over what seed to put in soil. (I have a space). My DD looks so good it makes me want to pop another.

Sucks about your seeds being stopped but hurray for herbies. :passitleft:

I'd pop another Dark Devil Auto Mr Am4zin. They're small but mighty producers. That's why I try to have one running at all times. I was thinking how crazy I was for growing three at once, but my vacation plans made that a great decision in the end.

Glimmer, I'm glad you're getting replacements. It'll be good to get you in the mix.

48 HOUR COMPARISON

I tried to take the pics from same angle as I did 48 hours ago. I will post the older pic first.

DSC_17342.JPG
DSC_18221.JPG

DSC_17361.JPG
DSC_18231.JPG

DSC_17432.JPG
DSC_18271.JPG

DSC_17423.JPG
DSC_1824.JPG

DSC_17455.JPG
DSC_1831.JPG

It's amazing how much purple has come out in 2 days.
She also looks a little mag deficient. I will correct that tomorrow when she feeds.

48 HOUR COMPARISON

I tried to take the pics from same angle as I did 48 hours ago. I will post the older pic first.

It's amazing how much purple has come out in 2 days.
She also looks a little mag deficient. I will correct that tomorrow when she feeds.

That is amazing Mr Am4zin. I can't wait....well, actually I will have to wait.

What makes you think mag def there bud.... just curious.... never hurts to feed sometimes cal/mag I start all mine on day 25 to 30 on light feed no matter what.... but my normal indicators are purple stems and rust spots... hard to tell on yours I see no rust spots and it's a purple strain so stems will turn no matter what.... just picking your brain here man... I'm horrible picking out def

What makes you think mag def there bud.... just curious.... never hurts to feed sometimes cal/mag I start all mine on day 25 to 30 on light feed no matter what.... but my normal indicators are purple stems and rust spots... hard to tell on yours I see no rust spots and it's a purple strain so stems will turn no matter what.... just picking your brain here man... I'm horrible picking out def

I'm not much good either if I'm honest. My DD has started with yellowing of the leaves between the viens. I use the guide in my sig and I would say it's an magnesium issue, rust spots can point to a calcium issue. I know it's not a lock out as ph is good. Your right about cal/mag not causing issue but Can't remember feeding any for a week or 2.

I'm not much good either if I'm honest. My DD has started with yellowing of the leaves between the viens. I use the guide in my sig and I would say it's an magnesium issue, rust spots can point to a calcium issue. I know it's not a lock out as ph is good. Your right about cal/mag not causing issue but Can't remember feeding any for a week or 2.

While you're correct that it looks like Mg deficiency, Mg deficiency starts at the older leaves at the bottom first. In your picture it's effecting new leaves first, which points to a few other possibilities. Phosphorus toxicity, potassium toxicity, zinc deficiency, iron deficiency, and manganese deficiency can all show similar signs as Magnesium deficiency, but start at the top of the plants first.

Based on it being an autoflower on hydro, I'd lean towards phosphorus or potassium toxicity, as that could cause the other deficiencies

DSC_1831.JPG

While you're correct that it looks like Mg deficiency, Mg deficiency starts at the older leaves at the bottom first. In your picture it's effecting new leaves first, which points to a few other possibilities. Phosphorus toxicity, potassium toxicity, zinc deficiency, iron deficiency, and manganese deficiency can all show similar signs as Magnesium deficiency, but start at the top of the plants first.

Based on it being an autoflower on hydro, I'd lean towards phosphorus or potassium toxicity, as that could cause the other deficiencies

DSC_1831.JPG

I believe you may be right. It would make sense because when I fed I added 2ml of bloom nutes instead of 1ml. She didn't get her feed yesterday, she will get water and cal/mag a little later. It's in soil not hydro :thumb:

Dark Devil Auto Day 37

As usual with my girls, she has an issue. :straightface:
It started after her last feed, I think the topmax was a bit much. She started with a slight yellowing between the veins of her leaves on newer growth and now rust looking spots have started appearing too. I'm of the impression that she she is toxic in P and this is locking out Mg. (thankyou for your advice here) She has been flushed with 15 liters of plain water ph 6.5 and left with a feed on 2ml bio grow and 1ml cal/mag in a liter of water.
Other than this she is looking super hot. All purple and now she is starting to get frosty. This girl is getting me seriously excited.

DSC_18481.JPG

DSC_1850.JPG

You can see the rusty looking spots here
DSC_1839.JPG

Screenshot_2015-10-30-22-45-01.png

Screenshot_2015-10-30-22-44-05.png

Good, strong stalk on her LEDRF. She's gonna be nice to you, or should I say, nice to your girlfriend. I recall this is one of her personal favorites?

Yeah, she really loves this strain, which is really the only reason I grew it again.

She is 2.5 feet tall, so she might do okay this time. She doesn't have a lot of tops, though. I am hoping for 3oz from her.

Thanks, I've been having some puzzling pH issues so far, but the roots are growing at an amazing rate and they're pure white so I guess it's ok

I had the lights way too close for the first few days and burned the tips of the first leaves

Doing a reservoir change Monday

Just found out today, work is sending me to Amsterdam next week, (some expo).
Anyone think I'll be spending good quality time NOT online shopping for DD seeds? :)

Feels like a mini holiday shopping spree event already :hippy::yahoo::goof::ganjamon::roorrip:

You lucky man you. Have a wonderful time and be sure to plan ahead. :battingeyelashes: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom