Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

This is what it´s all about here in my opinion. We all Love the Same, so why not share to have more success together? I´m happy that i was able to help :passitleft:

Don't mind if I do. I'm smoking a combo of Devils. :laughtwo: you? :battingeyelashes:

:passitleft:

That looks like plant of the month to me. Maybe we should have a plant of the month just for autos. Great work croc

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We've had many autos win POTM. This one could certainly be a contender, couldn't it? It's all about building the excitement and then getting that photograph to speak in a way that can't be ignored.

I don´t know exactly what im smoking right now. Some street Haze. but im pretty sure the Devil would beat all of this street shit. I´m so happy when i can smoke my own weed. I had to slap my own fingers a lot of times to not get any sample of it and be patient

:yummy:

And if you are serious about that Picture thing, i need to get a better Camera. I will ask my Neighbour tomorrow

I'm very serious about the picture thing. The NOTM and POTM contests are won on photography, for the most part. You'll have outliers like LA, who has a massive following that will always vote for him, so he gets away with crappy pictures, and Weaselcracker won one month recently by blowing us all away with his magnificent specimen grown in an impossibly small pot, but look at the winners, month-after-month. It's the beautifully photographed that win. Make that picture sing and make your narrative a love song to the specimen. It's enticement, temptation, sex. Sell it and win. :laughtwo:

I´m, not sure about my photographing talents at all. But i promise i try my best

If nothing else you gain exposure and experience. Let the guys get to know you. Let them see you're someone who intends to be a contender. Be alpha male. They can sense that. :laughtwo:

One of these days I'll begin my own run for the prize.

I will take Photos tomorrow with a better Cam. But it seems to be smarter to enter the December Contest
:cool:

You'd have to. This month's contest is closed for entries. They take the first 25 entries, so you want to get the entry in early in the month.

Are these good enough? What do you think?
20161120_183210.jpg
20161120_183313.jpg

Crop off the stuff to the right of the first picture and you have a winning pair of entry photos. That's damned impressive Crocodoc. Damned impressive indeed. :adore:

Hey there CDoc - Nice little lady you have there. That's impressive. I grow organically so I can never manage to coax those genetics to get that kind of yield. So yeah for me that's CRAZY good... many around these parts will know that you're doing mighty fine as soon as they lay the eyes on that big beautiful lady. Reps

When are you thinking about harvesting?? I "usually" wait till all the pistols turn bright orange and then wait but "if" my DD ever got that big I'd probably chop in a week or so. Bird in the hand deal!

Thanks a lot Bo! Personally, i do think that it isnt a matter of organic nutes or bottle nutes. It must be just a question of the right amount. I´m really not an expert, but most simple logics are right. I just tried to give them as much nutes as possible without doing damage to the Plant. I don´t know exactly in what day or which week i reached that point, but i found an amount that made the tips of her leaves show just a little sign of nute burn and then i reduced nutes a little. Then i stayed at this amount for 2 feedings or just one, depending on what her leaves looked like and then i gave her more again. So why i should not be possible with organic nutes? Just try it :)

Living organic soil is more like we raise the soil and the soil raises the plants. We load the mix with what we think is a good start and then amend in small but continuous amounts using teas and top dressings of EWC, for the most part. So playing with the nute levels doesn't work for BB and I. The plant decides what it needs, asks the soil for it, the soil makes it available. It's a fascinating dynamic. No wonder I'm so enamoured.

But I just started playing around with hempy pots, and they pretty much require bottled nutrients. I keep wondering what difference organic nutrients would make. Then again, I'm really pleased with my regular nute grow.

So much to play with. :laughtwo:

What about a comparison grow? something like Pot A: Full Organic, max LST, pot B: Soil with bottle Nutes and no LST or else at all. That would give us knowledge if an organic Plant can outperform a regular Nute Plant when u use some tricks.
:hmmmm:

I like that curious mind. :laughtwo: My recent run had 3 DDAs running in two different soils and a hempy. It's been quite the comparison. Three plants of the same strain that looked totally individual from each other. The two growing in LOS were more potent than the one in hempy, but the hempy was damned potent in its own right. The one grown in LOS and under the Timber Vero240 outperformed the others on all counts and has become my go-to smoke at this time.

I started the experiment because I'd never grown with bottled nutrients before and hempy fascinated me. I wasn't expecting the plant to dry and cure so smooth and potent. Now I'm experimenting by growing a Carnival in a hempy, in LOS and in Doc Bud's kit soil. Previous I'd only chosen the kit soil for Carnival, but I learned to clone so I had all of these plants to play with......

One of the finer points about cannabis cultivation is how easily the plant allows you to play and tweak without risking the loss of a harvest. Heartiest plants growing out of the dirt, wouldn't you say?

Back
Top Bottom