Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Sweet Seeds original

I'd contact the breeders and let them know, then. Could just be one of those "one in ten thousand" things - but they might have some kind of issue, maybe some seeds got mislabeled or... who knows, lol.

After reading this:
Dutch Passion said:
The feminzed seed experiment

In a Dutch Passion experiment done in 1999 Dutch Passion grew 15 varieties of "feminized" seeds. We started with 30 seeds per variety. The goals were: 1) to determine the percentages of female, male, and hermaphroditic plants. 2) to compare the uniformity (homogeneity) among plants from "feminized" seeds with those grown from "regular" seeds.

1. The results were excellent. Nine out of fifteen varieties had 100% female offspring. Percentages of female plants from the other 6 varieties were between 80 and 90%. These plants were all hermaphrodites, producing their male flowers at the end of their lifecycle. Seed-setting hardly took place. No males were found.

2. Approximately 70% of the plants of varieties grown from "feminized" seeds were far more uniform than plants grown from "regular" seeds of the same variety. About 20% of the varieties were a little more uniform, while in 10% of the varieties no difference in uniformity was seen.

From literature and our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:

• a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
• a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
• a higher humidity will give more females.
• a lower temperature will give more females.
• more blue light will give more females.
• Fewer hours of light will give more females.

It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.

To produce our feminized cannabis seeds, we start with selected female clones. Under standard conditions these female clones do not produce any male flowers. By the method we found, we are able to have these female clones produce abundant male flowers and pollen (see photos). The pollen thus produced we use for the production of our "feminized" seeds.

...does anything jump out at you from the list, something that might have possibly influenced things during that stage of development?

I'd contact the breeders and let them know, then. Could just be one of those "one in ten thousand" things - but they might have some kind of issue, maybe some seeds got mislabeled or... who knows, lol.

After reading this:

...does anything jump out at you from the list, something that might have possibly influenced things during that stage of development?
I think you missed a step in the questions from beez. it was my reversed DDA that the seed is from. not an original that reversed.

Doggone it! (lol) You are correct. That'll teach me not to get in a hurry (well, probably not, but it should ;) ).

Please ignore that part of the question and pretend I started that post at the quoted material from Dutch Passion.

Picture and a question
As of yesterday my dda is showing colors :)
What is the closest photo to the dark devil?
I want to grow a much bigger plant.

Attachments

• 5C5E5791-EE7E-463C-86BD-A483A2796D05.jpeg
    5C5E5791-EE7E-463C-86BD-A483A2796D05.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 67
Photo plant?

Star Pupil is very colorful, I've crossed it a few times and love the color

But nothing has the black/purple color of a DDA, it's one of a kind indeed

I may reverse a DDA and cross it with a strong, 16+ week flowering Sativa this fall

Never thought about making Auto crosses till someone suggested it recently

Fun fun fun

What about smell and taste? Dont really care about color
I don't taste weed when I smoke it...have ta ask the GF about that

All weed smells good...lol..so not much help there

Guess what smell do ya like??

Blueberry smells amazing, yes like Blueberry...some Mango are nice....

Photo plant?

Star Pupil is very colorful, I've crossed it a few times and love the color

But nothing has the black/purple color of a DDA, it's one of a kind indeed

Thanks Chris. Going to put this one on my wish list for future "colour grow."

I may reverse a DDA and cross it with a strong, 16+ week flowering Sativa this fall

Never thought about making Auto crosses till someone suggested it recently

Fun fun fun

I am about a week from starting the CS or STS (still have to decide) reversal on my little DDA. Looking forward to trying it!

I am about a week from starting the CS or STS (still have to decide) reversal on my little DDA. Looking forward to trying it!

I've had great results with STS,not so much with CS

Plus STS is easier to apply and the stuff , base stuff, is enough to make gallons of spray

I've had great results with STS,not so much with CS

Plus STS is easier to apply and the stuff , base stuff, is enough to make gallons of spray

Good to know. I have both CS and STS, and so was going to try both. One will go on the DDA and the other on a Skunk auto that is the same age. Just thought I would try both (not on the same plant, of course) to see what they are like before settling into one for the future. I really admire some of the crosses that you have done.

Back
Top Bottom