Day 42 Veg Defoliation

nugwrasslin

Hi, i'm looking for defoliation advice for my plants!

They have been in the vegetative light cycle for 42 days now.

I have employed low-stress training using plant ties and bamboo sticks to expand the plant horizontally but now I have too many fan leaves to deal with. I want to cut back for optimal bud growth but i'm too scared to hurt my plant!

My critical kush plant.

0121161031_-_Copy.jpg

My original Amnesia plant.

0121161031a_-_Copy.jpg

Also, if you'd like, check out my grow journal!

It's lonely and scary over there in the "Journals in Progress".

400W Mars II LED Original Amnesia & Critical Kush

So generally you want to take off the bottom "popcorn bud" sites & everything else. It usually is the bottom quarter of the entire plant you remove. You're almost 3 weeks over due for the defoliation. Generally you want to "lollipop" 3 weeks into flower. The plant is at it's best cycle for it then. But still, you can defoliate. Here is a picture explaining things visually for you..( I dunno, I just find visual learning in our community always seems to work best. ;) )
plants53.jpg

This is a perfect example of what to do and how much to take off when lollipoping.

[Take some photos after you're finished and let's see how ya did!]

I'm confused, I haven't actually flipped yet. I'm still in vegetative so are you saying I should wait until 3 weeks into 12/12 lighting?

Sorry, my head was distracted with people talking.. Yes, I assume you're on day 42 of the plants life then and not flower.? My fault sorry.. In that case, yup, you want to wait until you're on your third week of flowering, Then lollipop. For optimal results. ;)

Also, if you'd like, check out my grow journal!

It's lonely and scary over there in the "Journals in Progress".

400W Mars II LED Original Amnesia & Critical Kush

Hey Nugwrasslin, maybe consider adding a link to your grow journal into your signature, it will help direct people to it and it's won't be so lonely and scary anymore. Instructions are in my signature.

On my way over to your journal now.

Back
Top Bottom