Death Star - Budda Greenhouse & Orange Kush - Heavy Duty Fruity Early Bud Try

bozzo420

Well here goes my first Journal. I'm a snowbird(goes south for winters)So when i got home, I called a friend and he set me up with 4 strains . Death Star, Budda,Orange Kush , ad Heavy Duty Fruity,He would not take anything and also tossed my a 1/4 oz of the Budda as i left. Now thats what friends are for.
Two grows .. A 8x8 greenhouse where I have 6 Death Stars and 2 Buddas. Also have in pots 2 Ok and 2 HDF That i am budding early by putting away at 6 every night.The 2 OK's get put in 55 gal drums and the HDF's get put in a tent from 6 till dark
Ferts are Technaflora
Any bug problems will get liquid ladybug or live ladybugs
Soil is a local produced manure composted potting soil
greenhouse ones are planted in the ground while early budders are pots to allow them to be put to sleep early every night.
First of all i cloned them all so i could help more friends out. I called Bob a friend and sent him home with a big box of clones and sent a few to other friends:peace:
This is my second grow. Last year i put all 12 plants in the greenhouse and it was to crowded. I also pulled them to soon .I had enough to last me but bud formation was just starting. Thats why i'm budding 4 early so i do not have to pull early this time.
I started one early on the 6th of may so around the 4th of july it should be ready. The other 3 were started later in may so all should be done in july also,

Guess it is picture time
20120523135528_2_.jpg

4 early budders
20120523135528_1_800x450_.jpg

6 in greenhouse
20120415115358_1_1.jpg

first clones
20120523135528_3_800x450_.jpg

tent
20120604165625_1_.jpg

3 weeks after start
20120604165625_2_.jpg

second one at 2 weeks
IMG_0449_1_600x800_.jpg

greenhouse
20120520083756_1_800x450_.jpg

side crop of tobacco

I am also growing the wife some tobacco since it cost more for that than pot now lol.

I am a novice at this so any help along the way would sure be great.
Has anyone tried this method ?
How about 8 plants in a 8x8 ?
Many questions.

Re: Death star/Budda greenhouse and Orange Kush/Heavy Duty Fruity early bud try

thanks for reply .It has been one month today for my first early one . It is looking great. About like when i picked them last year. I will get a picture today.Last year was my first year with my mmj card so i was leary . I could not beleave it was legal. Now im all set to let them go till they are done for sure.Here we are pretty far north so outdoor grows are hard because of the early frosts . One year it snowed on the 2nd of Sept. and killed all my garden just when it started to produce. So the greenhouse is perfact. I topped 2 of the smaller ones today.

Are you planning to put a space heater in the greenhouse for the late months?

only if a hard freeze comes ,but should not need one The frost will not get to them and hard freeze comes in November usually. But i did put one out to keep frost off the tobacco a few weeks back.

well my grow is going better than my journal. Im dropping another page down everytime i look. I'll be on the last page before long.
No body else growing in a geenhouse? Or early budding?

Anyway i am having a blast. I never thought I would be able to do this, every 20 minutes i get up and walk out to check my babies.
And it will be great to get the early ones in july insted of October.
They are starting to look great. But I do have to be at home every night to put them up. good thing im retired.
So If you have plants on a deck, get a drum and try it out, it is working well.

:cheer:I just got the girls back out and put them with the rest in the greenhouse.The girls in the house are getting big already. They will be monsters. The 4 earley ones will never get real big but they will look like one big bud.
The ones in the greenhouse will need some support for all the weight of the buds.I am going to try some wire cages over and around them to prevent collapse. Is this a good idea, or should I just let them go?

The early budders are no problem ,but the ones going until October will be very large plants by then . I have seen where others somtimes put a cage up for support.. just do not know yet. just some advice before i Thanks H i think your the only one following me.

Hey bro slick greenhouse! I have to use the gh so my neighbours don't see anything, also the rain comes in september. I don't trim all summer usually, but this is the first time growing sativa dom in the gh. Not sure about the milk thing sounds a little counter productive. I've read that lemon juice and water can kill pm, its all about changing the ph( on the leaves) so the pm can not live and grow. Myself i have not had any issues with pm, just the brown mold! Best thing to prevent is lots of air flow, you have lots of nice windows, but come the cold weather your not going to keep them open? That's when your going to get pm and mold. even during the warm months i would keep good air flow going. You have lots of room in your gh you could have an oscillating fan, it will also help with the falling over of your branches. Another thing you can do is knuckling the branches to help support weight. Funny about the budding early thing i was contemplating doing this with two clones i potted, and really didn't have a place for them but early budding would be a great alternative. I would have them on my deck and then bring them in, actually i would probably do the opposite to what your doing. My concern with the barrels is..? you guessed it MOLD! sorry I'm i little paranoid when it comes to the mold. But seriously you should consider some kind of vents or maybe a 12v comp fan with a light trap? just my 2cents bro, good luck!:Namaste: This is a great journal, can't wait to see how your grow turns out, cheers. WH:peace: +reps

Thanks ,what is lemon/to water mix? After i found spots on clones i treated all clones and greenhouse plants with Ed Rosenthals zerro tolerance, That worked ,but i did not treat early budders. Yesterday i found some on lower leaf of first early budder. I got sprayed all with milk/water mix big time. I found that my bud microscope used can see mold easy. looks like salt crystals on leaf.If milk/water doesnot work ill use the other ,its organic and says can be ust until 5 days befor harvest. may try lemon juice/water .what is mix?
Main thing i think is get problems early and do not wait till its harming plant.Like bugs, dont wait for cob webs to form.
Windows will stay open some all year for air flow,but controls heat right now.
I see you tie limbs down,What is that for? i have topped all. thanks for reply

almost a disaster today. one of the window screens fell out today. and damn if it did not fall between 3 plants without hitting any.Its about 15 inches wide so it barely fit between the 3 plants. got lucky. I checked all the other screens to make sure they were snapped in right.

everything looking good and tobacco is doing great to.
kept taking microscope out checking leaves all day. nothing bad to tell.

now is where i need your help...the 3 largest of 8 plants in the greenhouse are waist high and it is only the 15 th of June. . Question is do i let them grow, or tie down tops with bambo poles and string, or do i bend branches down by breaking them (super croping)?
I have tomatto cages that are 4 feet high and hinges on them . So do i cage them in and let them grow. And If i should start bending them down, when and will that determine how high the will be. The greenhouse is 8 feet high with another 2 feet in trusses . so a tall giant is ok. But i want the most out of them. I have been watching on u tube to see how it is done. Tying them down works i know but Knuckling them by breaking branches probable make them stronger .
The early ones are coming along great. I trimmed the lower suckers off the first one today.(lollypoped ) So i had a little taste today.Quite good.
Looking in the microscope today i saw some of the tricomes had purple tips on some of them.........is that normal?
I'm having a blast,I'm still amazed I can do this .
So give me your words of whit, tie down, break down or let em grow?But I like lollypoping them for sure.:thanks:

I finally got brave enough to try the tie down and break down methods. I tried break down on a clone and snapped it right off. So i will stay with the tie down method. I did the first of 3 big plants yesterday, and by this morning it was looking lots better. tips are turning up already. Will look like a bush insted of a tall pole.I have pictures ,but 420 mag will not let me down load right now. as soon as i can i will post. So i just got done doing the other 2 . all 3 are looking good and when the other 5 get a bit taller i will do them also.
The early budders are going real good. It will be a good month of July.

I would recomend it for anyone that does not want to wait till October for their outdoor grow.
Both the drums and tent ones are budding great ,just 2 and a half weeks left on the first one and it is stinky already, with purple tricomes

IMG_0773_800x600_.jpg
IMG_0777_800x600_.jpg
pictures finally downloaded. one shows my first attempt at tying the branches down. and the other shows how the early budders are coming along. The white pot has about 3 weeks left. It sure looks nice having buds in june outdoors . I will be doing this every year for sure. Do you see my tobacco outside ....its doing great also

Looking good brotha! you can keep bringing them down everyday till your happy with them, i just did some re tightening of my lines and basically laid them down to the ground.:peace:

I went right out and pulled them down more. Do not want them right on the ground , but all 3 done. Will do the rest when they get taller.
Yours are looking great. We are both going to have a house full aren't we. Do you lollypop (cut out bottom suckers)? and i see your knuckling ,was that done on purpose? I see a few of my bends will form one. But did not do it on purpose. So should i be trimming thing out also? Thanks for the input .

Kool, yes we will have are hands full. Its really up to you if you want to trim, the only reason i will trim this year is cause of the diesel being sativa dom. When i say i trim i mean the top branches, so the plants will stay under five feet. I am planning on lollypopin but not till the stretch is done. The knuckling is done on purpose, the pics i posted of the two knuckles are on the same branch. cheers

IMG_0780_1_800x600_.jpg
Its almost time. Just 10 days till the 8 weeks are up on the first one.The tricomes are milky with some purple tips. . I see why its called orange kush. The white hairs are now a deep rusty red. The 2 ok's will get nothing but water from here on out. I am also going with 3 days of total darkness at the end.
it is a good thing that they will be done soon because its getting crowded with the 5 smaller greenhouse plants getting big. They will have to be tied down soon and the 8x8 will be full then.I would love to do another couple of early ones, but there may not be room.But it worked great when the grounded ones are young. I have been thinking of a cardboard box over one of them. might work. lol

Back
Top Bottom