Decarbonization times

safeman

for decarbonization with the crock pot : what temps and how long ? put on high for 1 hr (200 degrees) the 3hrs. Low __ thoughts the strain ?
Oven : 240 deg for 15 minutes then mix with melted butter then dough ?

Now once decarbed in oven does/can one add to crock pot and cook for 1hr on high then strain?

making cannabutter

for decarbonization with the crock pot : what temps and how long ? put on high for 1 hr (200 degrees) the 3hrs. Low __ thoughts the strain ?
Oven : 240 deg for 15 minutes then mix with melted butter then dough ?

Now once decarbed in oven does/can one add to crock pot and cook for 1hr on high then strain?

making cannabutter
Good morning @safeman hope you are well my friend.
I put my pot in thevoven 240 f for 35-40 minutes before I put it into the crock pot.
You can use a brownie dish.
About 3 inches deep then cover it with tin foil.
It steams it instead of drying.
I cook minimum 6 hrs in crock pot.
But usually 8-10 hrs.
Never let temps get above 190f in the crock pot.
180 f is perfect.
Hope that helps.

Stay safe
Bill

The decarboxylation is turning THCA into active THC.

Former 420 Magazine sponsor MagicalButter.com Makes an excellent kitchen appliance which greatly reduces the amount of preparation required to create a cannabis infused edible item or cannabis butter.

Magical Butter Product Review

full

Search results for query: Magic butter

Good morning @safeman hope you are well my friend.
I put my pot in thevoven 240 f for 35-40 minutes before I put it into the crock pot.
You can use a brownie dish.
About 3 inches deep then cover it with tin foil.
It steams it instead of drying.
I cook minimum 6 hrs in crock pot.
But usually 8-10 hrs.
Never let temps get above 190f in the crock pot.
180 f is perfect.
Hope that helps.

Stay safe
Bill
thanks for the tip of no higher than 190 - Peace

The Magical Butter machine greatly simplifies the work required to produce quality cannabis butter. If you have access the Magical Butter machine you combine the ingredients allow the machine to run through the correct heat cycle and strain to filter the cannabis butter infusion. Magical Butter also now carries many first hand accessories making it simple to source the equipment required create great varieties of cannabis edibles. The Magical Butter YouTube channel has many how to videos of the cannabis infusions

I tried this recently and got decent results with 1/2oz ground, in the oven for 1hr @100-120°C, then steep in hot unsalted butter (not burning, add a few drops of water) for 4hrs, strain with cheesecloth
Used the butter for Banana Bread/Jamaican Ginger Cake which turned out superb
Note to self though, they are sooo nice, bake some extra without the ganja so you can safely pig out :cool:

I just recently bought one, it worked so much better than my slow cooker. Finally I can make edibles that actually work for me (I suspect the added lecithin made the diff. vs purchased edibles). Highly recommend the machine and their filter bags, very well made.
might have to invest a machine --Advent or Magic Butter believe their is a few more out there but can't think of their names

might have to invest a machine --Advent or Magic Butter believe their is a few more out there but can't think of their names
Hey there, I'm pretty new to the cooking game, just over the last year I've convinced my wife to try it. I've made gummies and made a mess, cookies wiped her out, brownies I ate most of them but I'm now making chocolates.

Its much easier to dose and to make. 2oz decarbed buds ( 30 min oven at 230 - 240*)

Then I put it in 2 cups of coconut oil in a double boiler. I cook it for 1.5 - 2 hrs stirring occasionally never let the water boil dry. Then I run it through a strainer into a bowl and squeeze the crap out of it to get as much oil out as I can. I then take the strained oil and run it through cheese cloth to get out any debris I squeezed in and to clean it up.

I put it back in the cleaned double boiler on boil and add 1 - 2 bags chocolate chips & whatever else you want to add like peanut butter. stir and mix in until its all blended together and smooth then pour onto trays or in molds put in the fridge until hard...
1646935909453.png

Hey there, I'm pretty new to the cooking game, just over the last year I've convinced my wife to try it. I've made gummies and made a mess, cookies wiped her out, brownies I ate most of them but I'm now making chocolates.

Its much easier to dose and to make. 2oz decarbed buds ( 30 min oven at 230 - 240*)

Then I put it in 2 cups of coconut oil in a double boiler. I cook it for 1.5 - 2 hrs stirring occasionally never let the water boil dry. Then I run it through a strainer into a bowl and squeeze the crap out of it to get as much oil out as I can. I then take the strained oil and run it through cheese cloth to get out any debris I squeezed in and to clean it up.

I put it back in the cleaned double boiler on boil and add 1 - 2 bags chocolate chips & whatever else you want to add like peanut butter. stir and mix in until its all blended together and smooth then pour onto trays or in molds put in the fridge until hard...
1646935909453.png
gummies are my next adventure have the cookie thing down - how I know who to ask about them (gummies) Thanks ( I'll take one of each Please !!! )

I have the magic butter machine & The green oil machine which i prefer immensely. Less mess and easier to regulate dosages in my opinion, also a better tasting finished product . But each for their own. Good luck
The Green Oil Machine ? were to take a look at Question : why de-carb your pot in oven and then put in crock pot with melted butter to finish _seems you are de-carbing twice ??? see what I mean no decarb in crock pot but in oven , help me make sense of it ____Thanks

The Green Oil Machine ? were to take a look at Question : why de-carb your pot in oven and then put in crock pot with melted butter to finish _seems you are de-carbing twice ??? see what I mean no decarb in crock pot but in oven , help me make sense of it ____Thanks
The crock pot is for slow infusion of thc into butter at low temp.
Oven decarb first to convert thc to usable form.
Two different procedures.
But if you want do the whole thing in the crock pot and see what you get.
Then next time do it right and see the improvement in quality.
Up to you.

Stay safe
Bill

The green oil machine is basically a Alcohol extraction machine which reclaims 80-90% of your Alcohol leaving pure CCO instead . I winterize my cannabis along with the Alcohol and give it the Qwet method to get the highest quality oil possible , freezing your Alcohol & Cannabis then filtering as quick as possible will coagulate plant waxes & chlorophyll in the filter to give you a nice high quality Amber oil. I know 1 gram of oil is roughly 25 drops depending on the consistency of the oil . So 1 drop of oil is roughly 20 mg dose by my calculations ( correct me if i am wrong lol) . Now when i make a recipe that will give you 25 servings , i know one gram would roughly be 20 mg per serving , 2 grams would be 40 etc.. . From my experience it is easier to dose and has a better tasting product since you are not leeching so much plant waxes & chlorophyll .

The crock pot is for slow infusion of thc into butter at low temp.
Oven decarb first to convert thc to usable form.
Two different procedures.
But if you want do the whole thing in the crock pot and see what you get.
Then next time do it right and see the improvement in quality.
Up to you.

Stay safe
Bill
thanks ! just didi the crock-pot thing next time it's oven decarb (as you mentioned "side-by-side)

The green oil machine is basically a Alcohol extraction machine which reclaims 80-90% of your Alcohol leaving pure CCO instead . I winterize my cannabis along with the Alcohol and give it the Qwet method to get the highest quality oil possible , freezing your Alcohol & Cannabis then filtering as quick as possible will coagulate plant waxes & chlorophyll in the filter to give you a nice high quality Amber oil. I know 1 gram of oil is roughly 25 drops depending on the consistency of the oil . So 1 drop of oil is roughly 20 mg dose by my calculations ( correct me if i am wrong lol) . Now when i make a recipe that will give you 25 servings , i know one gram would roughly be 20 mg per serving , 2 grams would be 40 etc.. . From my experience it is easier to dose and has a better tasting product since you are not leeching so much plant waxes & chlorophyll .
my lungs are re-tireing need to make some changes _Thanks

Back
Top Bottom