Decarbonization times

The reason I bring up a candy thermometer is the accuracy required to successfully blend and make either sugar based, butterscotch or chocolate confections is quite temperature dependent between scorching or success and the candy thermometer is a precise measuring instrument required. The candy thermometer is accurate to 3 Fahrenheit and only professional lab equipment would be more accurate. Most consumer appliances the accuracy of the rheostat and sensors drift at low temperatures below the 325 - 425 Fahrenheit average cooking temperature range. With professional restaurant equipment the rheostat dials which are selected are quite accurate. Every consumer appliance is built to operate within a narrow common usage range and the rheostat components are imprecise below or above. The temperature drift of the unit you are using may be at cause for low conversion of THCa to active THC. Please do not use soy derived lecithin, it is incompatible.

To fully decarboxylate the THCa into active THC you must reach 230 Fahrenheit for an extended steady time period. Temperature fluctuations defeat and stop the conversion, the purpose and are ineffective.

To fully decarboxylate the THCa into active THC you must reach 230 Fahrenheit for an extended steady time period. Temperature fluctuations defeat and stop the conversion, the purpose and are ineffective.
Do you approve of doing it inside of a container like the decarbox that comes with the magic butter machine? I know my oven is inaccurate and goes up and down a lot, I assume the box helps the temp. stay steady.

The method is sound to use your existing cooking equipment. I have heard concerns over using any material which is not an already classic established safe material for heating anything intended to be consumed. I have not determined myself whether these food-grade silicone items being sold are safe to be heated or do not in anyway alter or impart a negative health from use. I do not wish to see the PTFE coatings on non stick cookware either continue to cause great health harm or alternative materials which may not yet know be responsible the cause of great harm to health.

An accurate oven safe thermometer is required to ensure the temperature is accurate for the duration. I believe a ceramic covered or Pyrex glass covered baking dish which allows the temperature to remain more stable is preferred. I have been told people also use a double boiler method inner container to further accurately control and ensure the temperature and duration length is maintained during the process.

The method is sound to use your existing cooking equipment. I have heard concerns over using any material which is not an already classic established safe material for heating anything intended to be consumed. I have not determined myself whether these food-grade silicone items being sold are safe to be heated or do not in anyway alter or impart a negative health from use. I do not wish to see the PTFE coatings on non stick cookware either continue to cause great health harm or alternative materials which may not yet know be responsible the cause of great harm to health.

An accurate oven safe thermometer is required to ensure the temperature is accurate for the duration. I believe a ceramic covered or Pyrex glass covered baking dish which allows the temperature to remain more stable is preferred. I have been told people also use a double boiler method inner container to further accurately control and ensure the temperature and duration length is maintained during the process.
what can one use to get 230-235 -- I can only get 200 in a crock pot (do they make a drgee knob instead of a low / high ?
a double boiler that would sound like it might take a lot of "tending" thoughts ??

I'll try it in a pyrex baking dish I've just used pans with tinfoil over the top but its my cheap oven I see as the main problem for inconsistent temps.

I don't want to knock your method as I've not done it that way as I mentioned above I took averages of times various people were using to decarb their weed but you are at the upper end of time...I'll try a small batch at 110 min but that scares me....I only cook 30 min and it looks pretty well cooked to me, I'll have to drop the temp a bit though...I don't have the nerve to cook that long at 240*
Ive been doing it this way for years and my gummies slap and taste good. Just because the general population is doing it some other way doesn’t mean it’s inherently good or right.

what can one use to get 230-235 -- I can only get 200 in a crock pot (do they make a drgee knob instead of a low / high ?
a double boiler that would sound like it might take a lot of "tending" thoughts ??
I mentioned the Magical Butter machine for these reasons.

I would not expect most people to achieve good results preparing confectioneries without experience and the proper equipment to complete the tasking process. I largely believe this to be the reason why most home cooks have lost the knowledge that may of their either great grandmothers or grandmother as homemakers regularly used in specialty baking and candy making.

Part of the story of how the Magical Butter machine came to existence is the person who with a background in engineering was involved in creating a mechanized method of achieving consistently high results.

There are other methods but the outlay costs for the proper equipment to complete the process is far more costly. The process has to be completed in cycles to achieve consistent high THCa conversion to active THC. If you prefer I can outline the items and methods required to achieve high conversion rates.

Currently their are 3 open help requests for this same information of how the process can be performed or enhanced to consistent high conversion levels.

Another point I should bring up is this layman understanding of decarboxylation is incorrect and not until the THCa conversion to the precursor THC is ingested can the THC conversion take place within human bodies and the actual ability is individual person specific. There are several known items which can enhance an individuals ability to decarboxylate the precursor THC into active THC.

2 very good threads which out iline and go through the process of creating a concentrate or infusion are

SweetSue Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial and 420 Motoco How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I'll try it in a pyrex baking dish I've just used pans with tinfoil over the top but its my cheap oven I see as the main problem for inconsistent temps.

Please do not use aluminum , it is unsafe for the preparation of any items meant for consumption.

I mentioned the Magical Butter machine for these reasons.

I would not expect most people to achieve good results preparing confectioneries without experience and the proper equipment to complete the tasking process. I largely believe this to be the reason why most home cooks have lost the knowledge that may of their either great grandmothers or grandmother as homemakers regularly used in specialty baking and candy making.

Part of the story of how the Magical Butter machine came to existence is the person who with a background in engineering was involved in creating a mechanized method of achieving consistently high results.

There are other methods but the outlay costs for the proper equipment to complete the process is far more costly. The process has to be completed in cycles to achieve consistent high THCa conversion to active THC. If you prefer I can outline the items and methods required to achieve high conversion rates.

Currently their are 3 open help requests for this same information of how the process can be performed or enhanced to consistent high conversion levels.

Another point I should bring up is this layman understanding of decarboxylation is incorrect and not until the THCa conversion to the precursor THC is ingested can the THC conversion take place within human bodies and the actual ability is individual person specific. There are several known items which can enhance an individuals ability to decarboxylate the precursor THC into active THC.

2 very good threads which out iline and go through the process of creating a concentrate or infusion are

SweetSue Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial and 420 Motoco How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
very informative information -- yea ! outlining and methods would be of some help ---got you comes down to keepiong the temp constant

Being new to edibles I wasted too much product trying to get decarb correctly. Finally I broke down and bought a decarber on Amazon.

Sweet baby Jesus was this much better. Set the temp and Perfect every time. I paid about $100 for it and I know I wasted more than that in product trying to do it in the oven.

Of all my excessive amount gear, this is one of my favorites.

1647644331021.png

Herb Decarboxylator - Decarb Machine to Make Edibles, Butter & Tincture

THANKS !!!!!! this is better thqn Advent and Nagic utter - this machine is simple to use -- the only question is what 3 temps are it per-set. see one at 230 ---? thanks a great product - considering one - if temps are OK

Being new to edibles I wasted too much product trying to get decarb correctly. Finally I broke down and bought a decarber on Amazon.

Sweet baby Jesus was this much better. Set the temp and Perfect every time. I paid about $100 for it and I know I wasted more than that in product trying to do it in the oven.

Of all my excessive amount gear, this is one of my favorites.

1647644331021.png

Herb Decarboxylator - Decarb Machine to Make Edibles, Butter & Tincture
were do you purchase this ???? looks simple and easy to use + you can set your own temps ! Myself don't swee no sense with oven decarb (at least for me) you cook you pot in oven then STILL have to mix with butter,ect at low temps> But de-carbing in oven does work

The process of converting THCa to active THC precursor is fairly simple to carry out. The issue is the common consumer grade equipment is either very low production volume or obtaining the proper equipment to accurately control and maintain proper temperature without scorching the cannabis is where the difficulty enters. There is an expense payed either way by higher volume efficiency, low waste yield or damaged scorched cannabis buds.

Is the contraband item manufactured with safe contact surface materials?

were do you purchase this ???? looks simple and easy to use + you can set your own temps ! Myself don't swee no sense with oven decarb (at least for me) you cook you pot in oven then STILL have to mix with butter,ect at low temps> But de-carbing in oven does work

it's a simplified instant pot. it decarbs in exactly the same way an instant pot does. google instant pot decarb. all you guys are spending way too much money for stupid gimmicks.

And I was surprised that it infuses butter and other oils.
exactly the same way an instant pot does. it's just missing the capacity.

Back
Top Bottom