Deficiency, Lockout or Old Age

NewToTHC

Gorilla Glue in Promix HP with added Pearlite and some worm castings with some kelp meal thrown in. Four weeks into flower. Feeding with MC at recommended rates. Not sure if this is a deficiency, lockout of nutrients or just the natural progression as the plant develops into flower. Started to get worse this last week, so suspect something is wrong. Quickly moving up the plant so suspect mobile deficiency of some sort.

20210403_140040.jpg

20210403_140044.jpg

20210403_140054.jpg

20210403_140121.jpg

20210403_140148.jpg

20210403_140318.jpg

20210403_140344.jpg

Hi ... Newtothc ... How is the ph of your soil? To me it looks like either nitrogen deficiency or heat stress.... Could be the plant cannibalizing it self to use up whatever nutes it can get. You did say it was in its 4th week of flowering, Is it a photo or auto plant?

Photoperiod, yes in 4th week of flower. Don't think it's heat stress as the temp of the tent is around 77 degrees. Honestly I don't even test pH any longer with MegaCrop. Maybe I should give it a good flush and check the pH of the nute mix. There is some slight tip burn at the top of the plants so i just assumed it was maxed out on nutrients, perhaps increase it by about 200ppm and see how it goes from there.

Photoperiod, yes in 4th week of flower. Don't think it's heat stress as the temp of the tent is around 77 degrees. Honestly I don't even test pH any longer with MegaCrop. Maybe I should give it a good flush and check the pH of the nute mix. There is some slight tip burn at the top of the plants so i just assumed it was maxed out on nutrients, perhaps increase it by about 200ppm and see how it goes from there.
Cute girls.
Are you using any calmag?

Last feeding I added 1 ml of Cal-Mag, thought it might be a calcium deficiency but not sure. Issue started with the bottom leaves and as I understand a calcium deficiency can start anywhere.
Yep just a thought.

Last feeding I added 1 ml of Cal-Mag, thought it might be a calcium deficiency but not sure. Issue started with the bottom leaves and as I understand a calcium deficiency can start anywhere.
Nitrogen starts pulling from bottom leaves first.
Colour is light.
How have you been watering? She has a bit of droop.
Promix hp is retains moisture but you added worm castings? Not sure if that's an absolute great thing put in pro mix. It goes muddy like a slurry I don't know how that will work with promix ? Kelp meal ? Could be similar. Might be an issue Might not.
Ph going in? 5.8?
Promix retains moisture, watering will be a key procedure going forward
How comfortable are you with your watering practices.?
Bill

Yes a bit of a droop, watered right after the pics. In veg I let the whole plant droop, and in flower when the bottom leaves start to droop.

Hmm I have read that adding a small portion of worm castings shouldn't cause a issue, but then again it just might make things easier to just stick with straight soiless and fertilize accordingly. Going to give a good flush with some ph water and then a heavy feeding of MC.

Should really pull out the pH and and check the pH of the MC mix, but it typically always mixes around 6.2 with the local water so never bothered.

Over feeding...dial back your nutrients after a good flushing

Burned tips and the onset of yellowing with necrotic spots is clearly too much nutrients

you are using a chart....by who? (charts by nutrient producers are always way too high!! they want you to use as much as possible so you'll buy more of their products...and half of the recommended strength is already sufficient)

if you want to be sure if its a deficiency or overload you could check runoff water on nutrient strength and PH values

Oh god! The charts! Check and see of you're using the right chart. Apparently depending on where you live and even when you bought your nutes, the ingredients can vary a fair bit. Feeding charts can change from region to region.

I'm pretty new to indoor growing but I'd be pulling the larger old fanleaves by now.

Over feeding...dial back your nutrients after a good flushing

Burned tips and the onset of yellowing with necrotic spots is clearly too much nutrients

you are using a chart....by who? (charts by nutrient producers are always way too high!! they want you to use as much as possible so you'll buy more of their products...and half of the recommended strength is already sufficient)

if you want to be sure if its a deficiency or overload you could check runoff water on nutrient strength and PH values

I am not sure about overfeeding, seems from all the feedback from MC is that there chart is pretty dialed in, but like everything really depends on the grow. I did do a flush today and the runoff was around 6.4 with 5.9 going in, but debatable on how accurate run off values really mean.

Will see how it goes over the next week.

My last 2 grows I never went over 4.75 grm of MC. I had the exact same issue you have.

Meaning overfed or underfed or some other issues that you sorted out?. I go by the ppm from their feed chart as I think there is too much variability with weight

Why are you so hung up on that chart...because their website has so called positive feedback...Feedback by who?? people you dont know...So what tells you that the feedback is not written by someone or people from that company?

Runoff is like Vegas what happens in the bucket stays in the bucket... (not really) Here’s what happens - somebody reads yeah check your runoff so they do it and go holy cow, so they start jacking with the input numbers to get a higher lower whatevs number coming out the bottom. Runoff ph or ppms don’t matter chemical salts & fine sediments come out in the wash, forget runoff worry about your input numbers

Why are you so hung up on that chart...because their website has so called positive feedback...Feedback by who?? people you don't know...So what tells you that the feedback is not written by someone or people from that company?
:rofl::rofl: Feeding charts/schedules are a base line, the grower has to determine what they need, when they need it, and how much they need :thumb:

I still use my MC on certain strains, and I'll go as high as 6.25 grams when they're about 4 weeks into flower, but I don't use it every time like the "chart" says, I feed every third time, sometimes if they need it, every other time, but as I said...charts/schedules are base line from the manufacturer, it depends on the grower :morenutes::morenutes::snowboating:

I’m brand new to MC like my first dose was last week new. Anywho MC is known to soak up moisture, so you gotta consider that aspect from the start. Try this if you haven’t already, measure a spoon to get your starting weight, scoop out a measure and check the weight, then leave it out and watch it swell because it absorbs moisture from the rh from the air. It will swell but check your spoon weight again about 12 hours later BAM. But once you learn how to store it in the original well sealed bag but push the air out before sealing it and place that in an airtight container it’s easy. Store the bulk of your MC in the sealed bag inside your best gamma bucket, Tupperware or click clack box etc but use a small click clack container for your routine feedings. If properly stored one gram will always weigh 1 gram

Meaning overfed or underfed or some other issues that you sorted out?. I go by the ppm from their feed chart as I think there is too much variability with weight
Yes to all that....meaning I've yet to figure out what is happening
I’m brand new to MC like my first dose was last week new. Anywho MC is known to soak up moisture, so you gotta consider that aspect from the start. Try this if you haven’t already, measure a spoon to get your starting weight, scoop out a measure and check the weight, then leave it out and watch it swell because it absorbs moisture from the rh from the air. It will swell but check yoyr weight about 12 hours later BAM. But once you learn how to store it in the original well sealed bag but push the air out before sealing it and place that in an airtight container it’s easy. Store the bulk of your MC in the sealed bag inside your best gamma bucket, Tupperware or click clack box etc but use a small click clack container for your routine feedings. If properly stored one gram will always weigh 1 gram
Thanks for reminding me. My big ass bag of the stuff turned into a brick this last grow. So you're right I really don't know what the true weight is when I weigh it this time.

Why are you so hung up on that chart...because their website has so called positive feedback...Feedback by who?? people you dont know...So what tells you that the feedback is not written by someone or people from that company?

Not hung up on the charts, they are a guideline, but from what I gather from members on this board is if you see some very slight burned tips on the new growth then you are pretty close to dialed in albeit slightly hot.

Gets frustrating because I don't know if I have overfed or underfed or it's a lockout or pH issue.

Back
Top Bottom