Deficiency? Thoughts?

The Happy One

I have one plant that looks a little bleached out. The funny part is and 1/4 of the plant sitting next to this one and facing this one seems to have that faded, bleached look. None of the others look that way, but to my mind's eye it looks like the light bleached it. BTW all lights are Quantum boards, all the same.
Ideas or thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200114_094708.jpg
    20200114_094708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
Be better with white adjusted pics to see true colors better, but do look pretty light...maybe N deficiency

Yer lights are pretty high, arnt they

I just want to throw this out there. And it may not apply in your case. But I've been battling root rot, and trying my best to combat it. One of the things that I've found is that standard white/creme PVC is NOT light proof. If you don't believe check for yourself ( take a piece of PVC in a dark room and hold a flashlight near it [ I used the flashlight on my phone ] ). If you can see any light, then it's obviously not light proof. And you will be able to see a whole lot of light.

I fixed mine by using standard pipe insulation and reflective tape. I just did this recently, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness. But I'm fairly confident it will remedy light leaks in the PVC lines.

PH is 5.8.
I was thinking a nitrogen deficiency. No?
I had one that looked like that ,was zinc deficiency. I was letting it get to 6.1 and above when mine looked like that . The Colonel has me wanting to see the roots , can we get a pic!

I just want to throw this out there. And it may not apply in your case. But I've been battling root rot, and trying my best to combat it. One of the things that I've found is that standard white/creme PVC is NOT light proof. If you don't believe check for yourself ( take a piece of PVC in a dark room and hold a flashlight near it [ I used the flashlight on my phone ] ). If you can see any light, then it's obviously not light proof. And you will be able to see a whole lot of light.

I fixed mine by using standard pipe insulation and reflective tape. I just did this recently, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness. But I'm fairly confident it will remedy light leaks in the PVC lines.

Your onto something, and it needs remedied. Really, I feel it's a twofold issue. If light is getting in, (and I had NO idea it would, I have opted for the grey electrical pvc. In addition, it's a battle maintaining 68 deg reservoir temps and our chiller is an Eco 1 hp unit. I honestly thought it would be enough. It CAN chill off a 275 gallon reservoir to the low 50's, however, when I start circulating the chilled water though the four nutrient reservoirs, the loops are picking up more heat than the 1 hp chiller can overcome.
So....
I'm thinking about taking a 2 ton Mitsubishi mini-split, adding temp and pump controls and put a 2 ton chiller evaporator directly into the 275 gallon reservoir.
If 12,000 btu can carry it, but barely, 24,000 btu certainly will. I fear if I don't double the btu capability, when I kick the lights up to the full 550 watts I'm gonna wish I had.
Nonetheless, the white pvc light issue has me feeling real uncomfy. Expect a change in that department.
20200114_174016.jpg

Indeed you may. My motto is Happy roots. White roots are happy ones, just like me....
20200111_124148.jpg
Couldn’t ask for any better!
Loving the set up , hydro also . Nothing like you have and that’s awesome. I understand your avatar now ! The Happy One
And at 5.8 ph wouldn’t do that to the question plant . I agree with Chris’s reply for the answer!

Back
Top Bottom