Devils Lettuce 3rd Indoor Grow - Breaking Bad Style - 4 Different Strains

thanks.. u popped up like i tagged u on fb lol. if it dont i might go with the whole line of gh products next time i buy nutrients .. i wanted the ff line because i already have the granules trio i got for free but that stuff is crazy. i cant control the ph with that stuff .

It already has its preflowers, and you should always green clean, no matter what stage. Because that one fan leaf you took off was covering something else that is not getting light. Fan leaves are only there for growth, support, and storage of nutrients. If you pull too many fan leaves your plant droops because it lost that support and or balance. By pulling them off during veg, you're causing your plant to react and fix the problem. Green cleaning ultimately leads to healthier stocks/branches, bigger and thicker, and allows the inside of all of that shade to photosynthesize.

Just my thoughts :Namaste:

i dont disagree with what you say mate :) i grew that way for many years with huge success but through the process realized over the years that less veg defol and more well thought out pruning throughout flower led to to less deficiency problems as nutrient stores from veg were abundant to sustain flower without any loss in leaf colour right to the finish my plants never yellow at all they are green from start to finish and ph checked and adjusted twice daily , no lock outs ever and smashing results .
but yes i agree that defol through out veg and flower can be quite productive .;)

wassup everyone !!

The flower room is 95% complete. The inside is done but i have do a few things in the outside .(light proofing) to complete . my mini spur of the moment vacation set me back a few days but it was needed.

Today the plants were flushed with 12 gl of water . the starting ppm of the first gallon was 400 and towards the end it was 34. i think it was overkill with the 12 gallons but flushing those smart pots was way easier than a regular pot and i felt it went through really fast so i did a few extra gl.

For now until they get bigger i have all three new flowering plants sitting in a flood table next to the Hawaiian girl. It makes it easy to water on that drain table because i don't have to move the plants out of the room and i can let the runoff drain into a bucket .
I have them under a 600w hortilux super hps bulb
the temps are giving me issues but i knew this going into flower before winter hit . i need the tempered glass for the reflector for when summer comes back . i have the hood hooked up to a exhaust fan but it wont be as efficient until i get the glass . i will want the heat in a few weeks . for the mean time i think i will run the ac ducting so it blows closer to my plants .
temps are 88-91f
40% rh

i have my rooted clones in my tent because i was to lazy to set up my veg room . i don't like the idea of the floor of the tent being reflective Mylar it has to hurt the bottom of the leaves. my clone bucket is in there also . since they are still babies i have one switch off so im only using 4 bulbs .

the new set of clones in the bucket are doing ok . the afghan kush has already rooted but no sign of roots in the others .

pics coming as soon as they upload

I got a money maker on the go very young, lookin a bit weird light greenish new growth and twisty leaves I will stick up a pic so I will be watching hoe you get on with yours.

new pic update

this is how i have them set up right now . the Hawaiian skunk is making my light height difficult. eventually i will move the light to the middle of the room and have it on a light mover.
2014-10-10_20-35-13_986.jpg

strain hunters money maker
2014-10-10_20-34-45_439.jpg

lemon kush
2014-10-10_20-34-53_6.jpg

afghan kush x skunk
2014-10-10_20-35-00_733.jpg

all clones in my bucket cloner have roots except the lemon kush .. she was the cheapest seed and has given me the only issues ..i should have gotten super lemon haze or lemon skunk . this is one of the clones i forgot to label .
2014-10-10_20-36-35_496.jpg

and here is my new addition ... presenting JACK WIDOW !!!
2014-10-10_20-36-12_233.jpg

i love growing these girls!!!!!!! the veg process was easy and major problem free!!

Your girls are looking great :high-five:

thank u sir .. i want to try to get a little stretch on the jack widow to see if its easier to feed . my other plants had les than an inch before the first set of leaves showed . and it was a bitch to feed and not get soil and perlite on the big bottum leaves .. hmm i think this is a sativa dominant plant so i guess i dont want to much stretch.

I used Happy Frog for the first time...beware of FLIES! I had to put up a bunch of sticky fly tape to finally get rid of them! Did research, talked to some local growers, I will be switching to Sunshine Mix #4, and using earthworm casting tea. Hopefully next month.

I'm still learning how to navigate this site. Can't seem to use the search much...always says no match! Lol! I'll get it sooner or later, but at least I know how to comment!

I used Happy Frog for the first time...beware of FLIES! I had to put up a bunch of sticky fly tape to finally get rid of them! Did research, talked to some local growers, I will be switching to Sunshine Mix #4, and using earthworm casting tea. Hopefully next month.

ive used happy frog and ocean forest with no pest issues.. luckily !!! im buying some more happy frog this week but after that i might try to go hempy for a change . or all my plants will be done in a gh water farm .. i was worried about the hydro aspect but this bucket cloner is so easy to use and so much cleaner than dirty soil everywhere. im going to incorporate one water farm in a month or so and see how that works. do u add dolimite lime or perlite to your happy frog?

Devils letuce, I did not add anything to the Happy Frog. I just watered then 5 days later watered again. They started yellowing and I thought they needed nutes. Checked the runoff, pH, gave a small amount of nutes. Next they got water again, etc. After 3 weeks or so they looked pitiful. The pH kept rising, so I flushed with water. Week later, not responding well, so I got different dirt. Now I have gotten some help from my dispensary, as soon as they are flourishing again I will move them into Sunshine Mix #4 and feed them worm castings teas. They are already showing better looking new growth, but this dirt I am using I found out has chicken and cow manure...I MAY get a gnat problem so I am switching before THAT happens!

Devils letuce, I did not add anything to the Happy Frog. I just watered then 5 days later watered again. They started yellowing and I thought they needed nutes. Checked the runoff, pH, gave a small amount of nutes. Next they got water again, etc. After 3 weeks or so they looked pitiful. The pH kept rising, so I flushed with water. Week later, not responding well, so I got different dirt. Now I have gotten some help from my dispensary, as soon as they are flourishing again I will move them into Sunshine Mix #4 and feed them worm castings teas. They are already showing better looking new growth, but this dirt I am using I found out has chicken and cow manure...I MAY get a gnat problem so I am switching before THAT happens!

the first soil i used was ff ocean forest . i had that issue with the ph going off the charts that is why i added the lime and it fixed that issue . u can use food-grade diatomaceous earth to help with the gnats and many other pest that might land on your soil .

the first soil i used was ff ocean forest . i had that issue with the ph going off the charts that is why i added the lime and it fixed that issue . u can use food-grade diatomaceous earth to help with the gnats and many other pest that might land on your soil .

Oh yes! I believe now it was a largely pH problem! As for gnats...I have just found here that a dressing of sand on top of the soil stops the gnats. I will be dressing mine soon!:peace:

a few quick pics since im bored as hell and keep finding little things to do in the grow room..
the damn lemon kush that was lacking in size has shot off and surpassed her sisters and has almost caught the Hawaiian skunk plant . u can see the lemon kush in the back corner of the pics .

2014-10-12_21-38-02_229.jpg
2014-10-12_21-38-20_585.jpg

2014-10-12_21-36-59_538.jpg

Looking very lush, nice job! I have 6 mothers in dirt in one room, and 15 girls in a hydro/DW system. I just flushed and will be putting them into bloom tomorrow. Some do not seem quite ready, but the room has to go on! I am experimenting with several strains. June Issue Northwest Leaf's centerfold XXXOG Kush, Thai Stick, an Afghanistan Hash plant (mother clones all from Cloneville Seattle), and a Purple Obama. Thrown into the mix is an unknown # name, and another Afghani from a friend. We will see how this goes...I did another strain from a family member that I no longer have in my operation for 4 cycles. Now I am on my own with these...yeah, I tend to bite off more than I can chew sometimes! :smokin: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom