Dinafem Purple Orange & Critical Cure CBD Grow

I would rather give someone praise, but in this case, I am reminded that honesty is the best policy.
I'm a born again Christian, and I guess I am naive thinking everyone conducts themselves with the same honesty kindness and integrity that I do, welcome to the world.

I don't seem to be having much luck lately, I bought myself a birthday Donair, thinking I'd treat myself, what I did not know is that I was their first customer of the day, and the grill cleaner was still on the grill.

They did not clean it properly, so my lovely birthday donair tasted like a mouth full of draino, and my mouth, and tongue have been burning all day.

I'm just SO sick and tired of bad customer service and bad restaurant experiences. Dude, is nothing quality anymore? Does nobody take pride in anything they do anymore? Geesh.

Ahhhh, vented, thank you.

I'm 52 today, almost as old as dirt, lol.

Happy Birthday!

I do share some similar frustrations. Penny is right, there are so many Seed Banks, but with more popping up everyday it gets harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff. I have had a lot of luck with Crop Kings, yet others haven't... at the end of the day it's really the customer service that matters.

I do however think you're on to something! Screw Halifax sauce on that Donair, top it with hard chemicals!

What really pisses me off is that I carefully planned this grow to be a nice controlled uniform grow, because my last grow was basically a disaster, so many things went wrong, and I had hermies and pollination.
It sucked.

It's one thing when you are making mistakes, but totally another thing when people screw your grow up with bad/improper seeds or crappy genetics that aren't as advertised.

I "was" planning on taking clones form the purple orange CBD, and making mother plants, and making a nice uniform sea of green scrog from clones of that mother, but now that's not possible with auto's, unless you know something I don't, lol.

I guess I'm just like everyone else, searching for that perfect strain to keep going for several generations, the genetics that suit my medical needs.

I've been growing for almost a decade now, hard to believe I'm still searching for a permanent strain to grow :)

What really pisses me off is that I carefully planned this grow to be a nice controlled uniform grow, because my last grow was basically a disaster, so many things went wrong, and I have hermies and pollination.
It sucked.

It's one thing when you are making mistakes, but totally another thing when people screw your grow up with bad/improper seeds or crappy genetics that aren't as advertised.

I "was" planning on taking clones form the purple orange CBD, and making mother plants, and making a nice uniform sea of green scrog from clones of that mother, but now that's not possible with auto's, unless you know something I don't, lol.

I guess I'm just like everyone else, searching for that perfect strain to keep going for several generations, the genetics that suit my medical needs.

I've been growing for almost a decade now, hard to believe I'm still searching for a permanent strain to grow :)

We're all on that quest for the perfect grow!

Auto's definitely toss a wrench into plans. I have a 4 x 4 x 7.5' tent and a custom box I made that's 3 x 2 x 4' which I lent to a friend. In that box he's growing Auto's and I have Photo plants I want to move in there for making clones but I need his to finish first.

I loved Auto's when I started because it felt like it was on cruise control and I could learn slowly with minimal maintenance. Now I enjoy the maintenance and complexity of photo plants too much to ever go back.

I just smoked "Tangie Purple Amnesia". It's a Sativa dominant strain that gave me the most energetic high of my life.

I bought 2 grams while I was on a business trip and it was life changing. It's a strain combo I haven't been able to find but if I do that will be my Holy Grail.

I still have about a gram and a half, and I'm trying to save it for days where I need to clean the garage, or any other "Honey Do's" pop up. :cool:

What really sucked is that I finally had the strain that worked for me, it was my own intentional cross of Big Bang and Exodus cheese, I liked it alot.

After 2014 when Health Canada yanked everyone's grow licenses, I stopped growing, like a good boy, following the letter of the law like I always do, and now, I'm in search of the right medicine for my conditions again.

This situation does not help.

I lowered the lights down today, I actually forgot to do that, lol.

What is the optimal distance for a MH light form the tops of my plants at this stage?
I'm having some memory issues (I suffer from a brain injury, gets the best of me sometimes:) ).

If I recall, the optimal height is:
600W MH
Closest 14″ (35cm)
Sunlight 16″ (41cm)
Furthest 25″ (64cm)

I have mine at 25", and as you can see, the temp directly under the light is like 91 degrees. Does that sound right to you? It only feels just warm to the back of my hand at that distance, not hot, but I don't remember it being that hot before when measured with a thermometer.

My tent is sitting at a pretty steady 77 degrees, and my fans are blowing gently on med speed, all the leaves are intermittently shaking gently in the breeze.

Think I should lower it down more than it is, or just leave it like that for now?

So far the plants don't look stressed at all, I'm keeping a close eye on them for signs of withering.

This whole auto flower thing has really thrown me for a loop, now I have to re-plan everything, guess I should put my scrog net in place now in anticipation of finally getting some plant height from the photoperiod plants in the tent.

The plant on the left in the 1st pic below is a photoperiod Purple Orange CBD (seed from an undisclosed source) and the plant on the right is what is also supposed to be a photoperiod Purple Orange CBD that True North Seeds sent to me. It's kinda obvious to see the difference isn't it. They were gemeinated at the exact same time, the ones that I now know are auto's came up right away, the plant on the left that is actually a photoperiod plant took a few days longer to poke up.

Your biggest enemy is heat, if you can keep temps at the canopy under 80 degrees f you can lower the lights 2-3 inches. Then keep lowering a little at a time. Remember you’re aiming for under 80 farenheit if at all possible.

Is that under 80 at the leaf surface of the plant, or under 80 in the tent itself?

Right now the temp is 90 degrees at the canopy leaf surface, but 77 degrees in the tent, the height is 25" above the canopy to the MH light.

I guess I should have bought a cool tube rather than a wing reflector, I just couldn't afford it at the time, doh.
So I won't be able to get the most lumens up high, but I also won't roast my girls, lol.

Back
Top Bottom