Dinafem Purple Orange & Critical Cure CBD Grow

Today is the day, I finally flipped the girls over to flowering :)

Changed the light from MH to HPS, ensured no light leaks, added more ventilation into the tent, and set the timers to 12/12.

Tomorrow I'll do a rez change over to full flowering nutes.

The autoflowers won't care obviously, but hopefully the photoperiod plants will start to stretch soon and catch up a bit.

Those autos just aren't stretching, they are stumps with buds, and I can't even bend the stocks, they are like wood.
As you can see, because the autos are so dense, I've had to take alot of leaves off, just to get some air flow and light into the plants core, kinda hard to lollipop something so darn short and stumpy. Weird.

Looking good bluenoser. If your wanting a little bit of stretch still out of your plants you could leave in the mh bulb for another 2 weeks or until buds start forming. Are you switching straight to a full bloom feed without a transition feed? I notice you use GH as well, you using the Flora trio? By switching straight to full flower nutes you may get less of a stretch. I can't say that's a proven fact but thought I'd throw it out there since a plant basically still veg's for the first 2 weeks of flower, it's just a slow change over.

Well, they are flipped now, no going back, lol.

I've been feeding the transitional mix for the past week or so, I'm using the Flora trio, unfortunately, as I don't want to give satan monsanto a single dime.

I only want more stretch out of the auto flowering stumpy plants, not the photo period plants, I'm sure they will stretch just fine when the time comes. As I said, I sure didn't plan on a mix of photo and autos that's for sure.

The only other thing I'm using currently is cal-mag, that's about it, other than the Z9 to keep the slime down and the roots a pretty sparkling white :)

I'm using the same thing in the soil and the hydro to keep it simple.

After this grow, I'm gonna explore other nutes options. I was just at my local grow op shop, and discussing the no till method, sounds intriguing.

Even the other plants are not growing very vertically, some a clones and some are from seed, lets see what happens now that they are flipped.

Back in the day I used to grow only hydro DWC and NFT using House and Garden products (Aqua Flakes mainly) but they are expensive and hard to get, unless you buy on Amazon or ebay.
:)

Yeah I'm still using GH as well. The products are still the same, I had to order more of the trio to keep using my other supplements and additives, don't want to waste them. Unless I sell them to a buddy and go for another line, but GH is easy and works well for me so far.

I will keep that Z9 in mind for when I take my dive into dwc.

I found my flowering plants to be kind of slow at the first of the stretch, now they are picking up but on day 8. I've gotten roughly 5 inches of growth since the flip, didn't seem like that much but I'm in my room a lot as well.

Are you adding anything else as a bud enhancer at all with the GH trio??

I thought about it, but I'm not sure which one to choose, there are so many lol.

That Z9 stuff is what we have here in Canada, in the USA, it's called Z7. I originally wanted to get hydroguard, but it is not available Canada anymore for whatever reason, doh.

Are you adding anything else as a bud enhancer at all with the GH trio??

I thought about it, but I'm not sure which one to choose, there are so many lol.

I use the diamond nectar for the first few weeks in flower and then switch to liquid koolbloom after that. I was using the flora nectar for bud taste but the one I had got a fuzzy mold that started to grow on top and I didn't trust it, I think it needs to be in the fridge or something.

Yeah there are quite a few to choose from lol. I find a lot of people say AN is kind of a money grab with the 20 different bottles you can get for 1 line lol but I have also seen some pretty good results from them as well. Canna is a good brand, but is a more pricey one. Fox farm and remo I have seen some results from as well. It seem just about anything aside from miracle will work wonders if applied in the right amounts at the right times lol

I used AN for 2 years but I realized I had 2 milk crates full of nutes. So i started looking at other lines and I’ve settled on Dynagro products for now. Foliage Pro and Dyna Bloom a long with Protekt which is silica. So 3 bottles seed to harvest. It tends to be very stable as far as PH is concerned.

I may have to look into that. Who knows what I will go with. Hopefully something that doesn't break the bank and can make a difference in what I grow now

It's nice and easy to work with, drains well with the extra perlite I add, has no trace nutrients in it. Im using the promix hp by the way.

No I haven't heard of that stuff. But it does have some nutrients in it already, I'm just not sure how to read their values. Did you download the technical sheet on it? Sounds like it might have time release nutrients.

Yeah, I was concerned about that, but the guy at the nursery who grows weed says he uses it regularly in place of Promix HP, so either he was just giving me the old plus sales, or he was telling the truth.

As a rule I never buy anything with added nutrients, but I couldn't find any promix when I was getting my grow going and this was all there was locally.

Back
Top Bottom