Discoloration on leaf

4me2kn0

These ladies (Rhino Ryder Auto) will be 6 weeks old from seed tomorrow. Today I noticed a discoloration on a couple leaves. Anyone know what caused this?

20230130_154858.jpg

20230130_154755.jpg

20230130_154747.jpg

Should I cut off the effected leaves and do a pure water flush?
The plants look good and seem to be healthy and moving along nicely.

As for cutting off the leaves I would say "Not at this time" and the reasoning is that if they are cut off there is nothing to use to compare against if the same sort of spots start to show up on leaves in a few days or weeks. Plus, if the leaf stays on and in several days you think the problem is getting worse it will be easier to see how fast the problem is moving. since the photograph is sharp and clear it might.

As for ideas on whether to do a flush at this time it will help if we know what your growing medium is. As in, is it soil, coco coir, or a mix of stuff.

Medium is ocean forest/happy frog/perlite mix. I've been using general hydroponics nutrients flora series+Armor Si with cal mag.
The plants look good and seem to be healthy and moving along nicely.

As for cutting off the leaves I would say "Not at this time" and the reasoning is that if they are cut off there is nothing to use to compare against if the same sort of spots start to show up on leaves in a few days or weeks. Plus, if the leaf stays on and in several days you think the problem is getting worse it will be easier to see how fast the problem is moving. since the photograph is sharp and clear it might.

As for ideas on whether to do a flush at this time it will help if we know what your growing medium is. As in, is it soil, coco coir, or a mix of stuff.
Medium is ocean forest/happy frog/perlite mix. I've been using general hydroponics nutrients flora series+Armor Si with cal mag.

now is the time for a booster if you use them. a little more phosphorous and potassium. slight tipping is ok, normally you want just a touch at the end looking burnt. usually it's an indication you're at the top of the nutes, here i think it's showing a slight deficiency.

now is the time for a booster if you use them. a little more phosphorous and potassium. slight tipping is ok, normally you want just a touch at the end looking burnt. usually it's an indication you're at the top of the nutes, here i think it's showing a slight deficiency.
These are the only nutrients I have right now, what booster would you recommend? Is there any other nutrients I should add?

20230131_193544.jpg

My last feed was 3 days ago and I used.

Per Gallon
2ml Armor Si
2ml Calimajic
4ml Micro
1ml Grow
5ml Bloom
Ph 6.5

sounds like you're on it. just keep watch and see how it goes. some folk run pk or flower boosters, you have to make room for it in the nute schedule. i think gh calls theirs koolbloom or maxibloom in powder form. there's several out there.

what's the media ?

As far as I know General Hydroponics recommend running Ripen in the final 7-14 days, it's a PK booster as @bluter suggests (0.5-7-6)

Although I don't think your yet in the final 14 days, just know that Ripen is part of the feed schedule as I use the same GH tri-part nutrients :)

Soil, Ocean forest/happy frog/perlite mix.

probably just a mild nute adjustment. they look healthy otherwise. the leaf damage also looks a bit older suggesting you may have grown past it.

i notice gh recommends using koolbloom for only the last 2 wks as well. you're quite aways away from that. there are other products that begin at about wk 2 of flower. gh probably doesn't require them.

Back
Top Bottom