Do normal house lights effect growth?

They are crap for veg. They also can keep a plant from blooming or cause re-veg. So, they are crap for blooming too.
Their effect is negative in all cases.

-edit-

:welcome: to :420:

Ok, so no house lights cheers :)

Thinking about it this brings up a further question, what about the light comming from my monitor when the room is dark?

Dunno. Better to be safe than sorry. I don't buy into the theory that small amounts of light cause problems, but I've never seen anything that has tested how much light is too much.

Ok, so no house lights cheers :)

Thinking about it this brings up a further question, what about the light comming from my monitor when the room is dark?

Are you talking about the little LED status light or the whole computer monitor? Electrical tape will cover the LED light if there is concern. If it's the monitor then just turn it off at lights out.

In an ideal world UltraDan i would turn the monitor off but ill be growing in my room with me, its only a real ghetto grow, no lights etc just the sunshine but unlike the house lights as PITA said im hopeing my monitor wont cause probs

Hmmm, due to the layout of my room that's actually more awkward than it should be :-/
I'll have to work something out when the time comes :)

Would the light effect auto-flowering plants too or just standard plants?

Hmmm, due to the layout of my room that's actually more awkward than it should be :-/
I'll have to work something out when the time comes :)

Get a large sheet of cardboard, or a couple of them, and prop it up in front of your plants to block the light. Use a couple of soup cans on either side to hold it in place.

Thunder has a great idea. You can use an opened-up moving box to cast a shadow across the ladies in flower.

Another thing that works for me is to put a black sheet or lightweight blanket over the front of the flower unit. I secure it at the top with binder clips, and roll it up out of the way when I'm tending the garden.

Get a large sheet of cardboard, or a couple of them, and prop it up in front of your plants to block the light. Use a couple of soup cans on either side to hold it in place.

Thunder has a great idea. You can use an opened-up moving box to cast a shadow across the ladies in flower.

Another thing that works for me is to put a black sheet or lightweight blanket over the front of the flower unit. I secure it at the top with binder clips, and roll it up out of the way when I'm tending the garden.

2 great ideas to solve your problem :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom