Do these look right?

W00

Hello growers!
I jumped into the growing world just a few weeks ago. 2-13-19 I bought my first Canna Tsu clone. Im not sure how old they were at purchase. I am guess about 2 weeks old. After doing some reading and more purchasing the babies were planted in coco 2-22-19. Now the plants seemed to double in height since purchase. I just feel they are to thin. So I am looking for help. They are on 18/6 light, light about 10" away. Pictures are attached. New ph and water meter are on the way. Hopefully someone could help me out. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20190314_183035.jpg
    20190314_183035.jpg
    863.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190314_183003.jpg
    20190314_183003.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 73
:welcome: to the forum...

They appear to need a lot more light, due to the tall, leggy appearance. We need more information to give you better advice. Why not start a grow journal, starting with the information asked for in "How to Ask for Grow Support." It will serve as a reference for your future grows, and help us provide suggestions if thing go wrong.

Thank you. I tried to add as much info as I could. I do keep a chart of basic things. The lights are 150w each.

Thank you. I tried to add as much info as I could. I do keep a chart of basic things. The lights are 150w each.
What kind of lights? Florescent, HID, LED? If LED, is that the manufacturer's claim or the actual power used?

What kind of lights? Florescent, HID, LED? If LED, is that the manufacturer's claim or the actual power used?

We have two bulbs. They are Miracle LED grow lights. They say 12 watts of power but puts out 150 watts incandescent light. Daylight spectrum.

We have two bulbs. They are Miracle LED grow lights. They say 12 watts of power but puts out 150 watts incandescent light. Daylight spectrum.

Ouch! For an LED cannabis grow you need at least 30W per square foot (300W per square meter) of canopy from the wall. Take a look at some of our sponsors' offerings to get a better idea of what's needed.

You really need to be careful buying LEDs. My first one was a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light. The six COBs are capable of 300 actual watts each, but are only driven at 50 watts each for a grand total of 300 watts from the wall at maximum output. You might think I have a large grow space, but it's only a 2' x 4' tent. This light is barely enough for my tent at full output.

Oh dangg!!! Im heading out right now for better lights! Thank god I asked and you helped! Now my next question is am I able to pop the new light right in? Or will it cause to much stress?

Oh dangg!!! Im heading out right now for better lights! Thank god I asked and you helped! Now my next question is am I able to pop the new light right in? Or will it cause to much stress?
Pop it right in, as high as you can, then lower it about 2" per day until it's about 16-20" above the plants. You want it high enough to avoid light burn and heat stress.

Welcome to 420,W00:welcome:

As Old Salt said,the plants are stretching for the light,so,until
you figure out what you're going to do to get more light in there,you need to drop those 2 bulbs down to within about 3 inches from top of the plants,to help keep the stretch to a minimum.
If you're getting a new light today,don't worry about it,but if it's a week or so till you get a light,you should either lower the lights or raise the plants,whichever's easier for you.

Old salt was saying to put a journal on this 420 magazine forum. That way everybody could follow along.

Hi again guys!
I was having a really hard time finding lights locally. Finally ordered some the other day online. Im hoping Thursday the will be in. I did drop the current lights right down (3" above top) that night. Now alot of lower leaves are turning yellow. Am I screwed? I trimmed them off in hopes it would put the energy else where. Thank you again!

They probably need some nutrients-they're not babies anymore-
I don't grow in coco,so I'm not sure what nutes,or how much - you might need to read up on that.
How often do you water them?

Still getting a water schedual down. But about every 2-3 days when the top layer dries out. Our new meters should be here at any minute. Ill do some more reading till that delivery man comes.

I think you need to water coco more often than that,like every day.

Try not to remove her yellow leaves. She's pulling energy from them. Now she will pull energy from a new leaf and she doesn't have many.

Still getting a water schedual down. But about every 2-3 days when the top layer dries out. Our new meters should be here at any minute. Ill do some more reading till that delivery man comes.

welcome fellow nooby grower
so you fell into the led trap as i almost did lol what light did you order out of interest.

you are in coco also so should be watering with nutrients daily, i started nutes on my current plants from day 4 above ground, after not knowing a thing, but your clones will have come from a mother already being fed, i bet they’re starving now :eek: mighht wanna start feeding daily asaps

i’m using 6 20 watt lights and i keep them really close . i learned that i am going to need some better lights for my next grow but this is what they did for me. i actually just added two more lights this week. so before that i only had 4 20w lights. i would switch to a different light but they got too tall because my lights suck. but this is what they have produced so far! the tallest plant is about 16-18 inches from the top of my 5 foot tent.

Attachments

• AB51523F-309A-4A88-9D8A-70311A78D93C.jpeg
    AB51523F-309A-4A88-9D8A-70311A78D93C.jpeg
    637.6 KB · Views: 52
Well, light is in and I seem to have the temp under control. Plants look terrible! But better than they did 2 days ago. Looks like nitrogen deficiency. Pros advice??

Attachments

• Snapchat-1390310747.jpg
    Snapchat-1390310747.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Snapchat-1043602271.jpg
    Snapchat-1043602271.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom