Does anybody know what this is? Hope it’s not going to be a problem

The first plants I ever grew were bag seeds and they were full on hermaphrodites. They had more balls and seeds than buds at the end of the grow. We decided to chop early and cut our losses. To make matters worse what little bud I got in return got ran through the wash in a pair of pants. I ended up loaning out my equipment after that and eventually just selling it... didn't touch growing again for over a decade.

edit: Just wanted to add that part of the reason for stopping was due to living arrangements. Even if your she is a he or both, don't be discouraged about it.

I'm still a fairly green grower, but I'm also a big fan of topping cuz I've found it more quickly breaks my apical dominance than LST methods and allows me to get to the canopy shape that I want faster. I haven't had any plants herm on me yet except for the one that split her main stem while I was re-tying some of her branches in flower :'(. Haha
I didn't want to get into the "but ifs" :rofl: but yeah, stress is a big factor while in flower, I don't defoliate anything until near the end of the flowering stage, and then only about 10 to 15 strategic leaves at a time, and by strategic, I mean, I start at the top and only choose the ones that have already been sucked dry by the plant, and are in the way of my light penetration :slide:

I didn't want to get into the "but ifs" :rofl: but yeah, stress is a big factor while in flower, I don't defoliate anything until near the end of the flowering stage, and then only about 10 to 15 strategic leaves at a time, and by strategic, I mean, I start at the top and only choose the ones that have already been sucked dry by the plant, and are in the way of my light penetration :slide:

Yep, stress in flower is definitely the kicker. I top pretty much everything now, but I only deal with photos so I know that I can send the plants into flower happy. Maybe she didn't like it cuz she's Auto?

But I'll still strip the heck out of those leaves in flower, by the time they get to the end there isn't much of a job left to take all the fan leaves off haha. I try not to do too many separate stripping sessions, usually only 2 or 3 times through flower, but they'll get seriously stripped at those times to open up as many bud sites as I can. I came to grow flowers, not leaves! xD

Only if it's not a stable strain, otherwise no

I'm sorry there Bob, but I have to disagree, I always top mine at the 4 or 5 node, and sometimes I wait for it to get bigger and take my clones from the top...never once had a problem...only time I had a hermie was a few years ago on a "Bad" comparative grow for a sponsor who is no longer here, and "Shall Not Be Named" kinda like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter :rofl:

More than likely it was an unstable strain, or it was just a regular bean that had to be sexed...
Top away brother..... there are better more efficient methods just sayin.

Here's how I do it when and only when the plants are at the lights:

Its called Super Cropping.

That flower right there in the pic - wont be there when you top your main cola. It wont grow back. The plant will grow 2 much smaller versions. OR you gotta VEG for another month.

20210415_080936-jpg.2340979

Here's what super cropping looks like. That same cola from the side view.

You wont get any colas like that topping. Just an observation.
Everybody has there own style.
When you stress plants lots of stuff can happen. I like to litfa and stay outta the way. That's just me.

20210415_080923.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

Top away brother..... there are better more efficient methods just sayin.

Here's how I do it when and only when the plants are at the lights:

Its called Super Cropping.

That flower right there in the pic - wont be there when you top your main cola. It wont grow back. The plant will grow 2 much smaller versions. OR you gotta VEG for another month.

20210415_080936-jpg.2340979

I want her to split into many different tops of equal dominance as early as I can, cuz with our laws I have to get two plants to fill as much of a 4x4 as I can

If I tie down the main stem, I end up having to trail it along and keep spiralling it in a direction before the lower shoots actually start sharing dominance, even if I keep the main down at the same height. But when I top or fim, it forces a redistribution of the auxins sooner, so I actually end up waiting less time for them to all start developing at the same height and thickness, so I can start spreading her out into 6-8+ equally dominant tops right away

Here's what super cropping looks like. That same cola from the side view.

You wont get any colas like that topping. Just an observation.
Everybody has there own style.
When you stress plants lots of stuff can happen. I like to litfa and stay outta the way. That's just me.

20210415_080923.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg
Everyone has his or her own style they prefer, wasn't knocking yours, just saying I never had one hermie on me because of topping...nice colas BTW :yummy: ...got a few of those myself...including a super cropper :passitleft:

I'm still a fairly green grower, but I'm also a big fan of topping cuz I've found it more quickly breaks my apical dominance than LST methods and allows me to get to the canopy shape that I want faster. I haven't had any plants herm on me yet except for the one that split her main stem while I was re-tying some of her branches in flower :'(. Haha
Thank you for taking the time @Slammy Pajama . Appreciate it.
Had to remove another smaller testy from her this morning..
Going to have to keep an eye on it for sure.
Peace an buds to ya

The first plants I ever grew were bag seeds and they were full on hermaphrodites. They had more balls and seeds than buds at the end of the grow. We decided to chop early and cut our losses. To make matters worse what little bud I got in return got ran through the wash in a pair of pants. I ended up loaning out my equipment after that and eventually just selling it... didn't touch growing again for over a decade.

edit: Just wanted to add that part of the reason for stopping was due to living arrangements. Even if your she is a he or both, don't be discouraged about it.
Thanks again for taking the time @Regrowth .
That’s the internal debate going on right now with me.. chop or not to chop.. aaah.
In all likelihood he/she for the chop, hey ho.
Live an learn an all that.. :)
If I hadn’t just harvested enough critical to see me through till Xmas. I’d be a headless chicken now. :)
Peace an buds to ya

Everyone has his or her own style they prefer, wasn't knocking yours, just saying I never had one hermie on me because of topping...nice colas BTW :yummy: ...got a few of those myself...including a super cropper :passitleft:

Hey @MochaBud appreciate the time you’ve given up. Thanks for the input..
plants looking to die for mate..:)
Peace an buds

Morning @Bud love. Interesting topic and have followed along. I have never grown an auto as yet and didn't know you could top one. My vote is that this is what stressed her. Really doesn't matter,let her grow and keep pulling any sacks that you see. If you miss a few what is the worst that could happen. You would get a few seeds mixed in your bud. Pick them out and throw them in a pot, nothing like free seeds. Keep a close eye on them and you may be pleasantly surprised. :lot-o-toke:

Morning @Bud love. Interesting topic and have followed along. I have never grown an auto as yet and didn't know you could top one. My vote is that this is what stressed her. Really doesn't matter,let her grow and keep pulling any sacks that you see. If you miss a few what is the worst that could happen. You would get a few seeds mixed in your bud. Pick them out and throw them in a pot, nothing like free seeds. Keep a close eye on them and you may be pleasantly surprised. :lot-o-toke:
Just what I wanted to see @bluenoserjoe .
Massive thanks for taking the time.. I love pleasant surprises.:)
Peace to ya

Hey @bluenoserjoe
Hope you don’t mind a question from me?
Is Bluenose a reference to supporting a particular soccer team? As opposed to supporting the Red shi*e from across a certain park?
Peace you ya la.

Hey @bluenoserjoe
Hope you don’t mind a question from me?
Is Bluenose a reference to supporting a particular soccer team? As opposed to supporting the Red shi*e from across a certain park?
Peace you ya la.
LOL. Neither, it refers to a resident of Nova Scotia and goes back a long ways, well before the naming of the schooner that bears the name. Lots of different origins but the one I like is that newcomers to the land would see the locals eating blue potatoes. Because of poor soil conditions of the newly started farms the potatoes, a staple crop, would be exposed to the sun, in the thin soil, and would burn, often turning blue. The term "bluenoser" was sort of an insult by the newcomers thinking why the locals were eating an inferior crop. With no one around to coddle them, they soon learned, the hard way, that to survive anything goes. It soon became a term of endearment to the tough buggers who cut out a living in a harsh wilderness.:headbanger:

LOL. Neither, it refers to a resident of Nova Scotia and goes back a long ways, well before the naming of the schooner that bears the name. Lots of different origins but the one I like is that newcomers to the land would see the locals eating blue potatoes. Because of poor soil conditions of the newly started farms the potatoes, a staple crop, would be exposed to the sun, in the thin soil, and would burn, often turning blue. The term "bluenoser" was sort of an insult by the newcomers thinking why the locals were eating an inferior crop. With no one around to coddle them, they soon learned, the hard way, that to survive anything goes. It soon became a term of endearment to the tough buggers who cut out a living in a harsh wilderness.:headbanger:
Thanks man, nice story. A whole lot more interesting and cultured than a couple of rival soccer teams from the U.K.
Where the new comers by chance speaking French? Or is my timeline way out?
Funny that the potatoes turned blue, turn green here in the sun.. not sure about some of the purple skinned heritage potatoes. They may.
Last question buddy.. are you one of the tough old buggers or related genetically in some ways?
Peace to ya man.

Thanks man, nice story. A whole lot more interesting and cultured than a couple of rival soccer teams from the U.K.
Where the new comers by chance speaking French? Or is my timeline way out?
Funny that the potatoes turned blue, turn green here in the sun.. not sure about some of the purple skinned heritage potatoes. They may.
Last question buddy.. are you one of the tough old buggers or related genetically in some ways?
Peace to ya man.
While the French have populated large parts of N.S., my area would have been German and Scottish. While I am a tough old bugger (old being the primary word), my great grand dad landed here as a young man and was deeded a section for doing so. He also bought a adjoining section as well. Not sure where the money came from, maybe he had it with him, no one knows for sure. Not a lot of wealth around back then. He managed to hack out a living and built two homesteads that we know of. Think that qualifies him as a tough old bugger as well. lol :Rasta:

While the French have populated large parts of N.S., my area would have been German and Scottish. While I am a tough old bugger (old being the primary word), my great grand dad landed here as a young man and was deeded a section for doing so. He also bought a adjoining section as well. Not sure where the money came from, maybe he had it with him, no one knows for sure. Not a lot of wealth around back then. He managed to hack out a living and built two homesteads that we know of. Think that qualifies him as a tough old bugger as well. lol :Rasta:
Hey man
Hope your doin good
Sorry about the delay getting back.
That’s a nice tale matey. Guess y’all tough old buggers.;)
Scottish, you say... didn’t know the jocks where an empirical nation. Surprised me that one
Give me something to shout back when they’re moaning about the English:)
Peace an buds to ya an thanks for the time.

Hey man
Hope your doin good
Sorry about the delay getting back.
That’s a nice tale matey. Guess y’all tough old buggers.;)
Scottish, you say... didn’t know the jocks where an empirical nation. Surprised me that one
Give me something to shout back when they’re moaning about the English:)
Peace an buds to ya an thanks for the time.
Hey my friend you been busy?
Haven’t seen you in a bit.
Everything ok with you?
Bill

Back
Top Bottom