Dr.GreenTumbs indoor Soil Barneys Bluecheese First Grow -2010

dr green tumb

Hi all, thanks for dropping by. This is my first attempt at an indoor grow after having some success with an outdoor grow during the summer months. I've started this journal for some help and advice through out the grow cause i've been reading this forum for some months and i no that alot of great advice has come from here..
Ok so lets get started. I now have some ladies that have just sprouted out of there shells some 6 days ago & have been in a heated propagator with some PURple florescent's running 17/7. i have them raised from the end of the propagator with some Styrofoam cause i had some trouble with the root riot cubes drying out. Now i think i mite have a problem already but as i'm only a noob i could be wrong. Some of my ladies are very droopy think maybe atleast 3 out of the 6 i have growing seem to have there first "true leaves" hanging down.
IMG_1165_2_.jpg

another problem i have is i think some mite have stretched a bit but i'm not sure if i am correct.
IMG_1164_2_.jpg

here are some more images of the rest of the girls
IMG_1159_2_.jpg
IMG_1161_2_.jpg
IMG_1158_2_.jpg

i would love to know what you guys think of how there looking at the minute as i could really do with some info before i over mother them and send them to an early compost heap.. There all feminised Barney's Farm Blue Cheese and when or if they survive they will be potted in Canna Terra Professional + soil and put under 600w MH bulb. I will be using the complete BioBizz organic nutes and my growtent is 100cm x 100cm x 200cm.
Anyways thanks in advance guys hope one of you can help me out

hi mate, nice to meet another green thumb i taught the name was original lol..
I will be putting them under a 600w Sunmaster MH for veggin & a 600w Son-T HPS for flowering hopefully that should be enough for them anyways. I'l be repotting them into 6.5L pots with CANNA TERRA Professional Plus soil. The PURple fluorescents i got from nlite PROPAGATION LIGHT KIT - PS1 but picked them up in a shop in Ireland after i heard you get astonishing results for cuttings and seedlings supposedly excellent for rooting. Yeah i had a feeling they were looking fairly thin and stretched alright but i've read somewere you can get rot in the stem if you bury them 2 deep into the medium not to sure if its correct but hopefully some1 mite be able to shed a bit more light on the situation as i really haven't a clue cause i didnt have any proplems with the outdoor seedlings during the summer.

Yes, if you bury they plant past the stem it will grow roots. Thats how cloning is possible. My friend was growing in a drip system and the water would splash up the stem. The plant started to sprout roots up along the stem where the water would splash.

hi mate, nice to meet another green thumb i taught the name was original lol..
I will be putting them under a 600w Sunmaster MH for veggin & a 600w Son-T HPS for flowering hopefully that should be enough for them anyways. I'l be repotting them into 6.5L pots with CANNA TERRA Professional Plus soil. The PURple fluorescents i got from nlite PROPAGATION LIGHT KIT - PS1 but picked them up in a shop in Ireland after i heard you get astonishing results for cuttings and seedlings supposedly excellent for rooting. Yeah i had a feeling they were looking fairly thin and stretched alright but i've read somewere you can get rot in the stem if you bury them 2 deep into the medium not to sure if its correct but hopefully some1 mite be able to shed a bit more light on the situation as i really haven't a clue cause i didnt have any proplems with the outdoor seedlings during the summer.

That sounds like a pretty crazy set up. Your plants will love all that wattage.. Im jealous.

Excelent thanks for your info, thats one less thing i'l have to worry about then cause i was thinking if i buried them to deep they would definatly be goners. Well when the time comes i'll have them up to there kneck in soil. They should enjoy all the wattage alright hopefully they'l make it long enough to see it :D

Doc, I'm sure all of your girls will see the light. You said they were feminized? They are looking good. Is there anyway you can move the lights closer or do you have to raise up the tray? What are you waiting for, as far as vegging? I'm just curious because I have never germinated in a root cube. How do you know when you are ready to veg, (or move to the heavy lights)?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom