DrDoob's Continuous Carousel Of Cannabis: Hempy, MarsHydro, GROWant, Rx Green

I finally harvested the Cotton Candy some of the branches were almost bent to the ground. I've got to get some stakes or something.

Right at the start this happened:
IMG_362116.jpg

WTF man?!?! Someone spike your plants with a metal rod? Growing trees?

The hempy 1024 has started to yellow and drop leaves. I think it's just because it's ripe.

Many strains yellow and drop leaves as they finish blooming. Completely normal.

Doh, I guess I was too busy with the harvest. I must’ve forgotten to actually pour water in the pots in the flowering tent when I “watered them” the night before last night. I really need daily access. If that happened in October it would have been catastrophic. I should cut them down now, but the girl is having company over tomorrow, so I’ll do it on Sunday. It’s amazing how fast the leaves died. Hempy doesn’t like going dry at all.

You can boost the longevity of pots by going with a larger size or a deeper res. 5Gal pots take eons to dry out. Humidity, heat, and plant size make a HUGE difference in the amount of evaporation.

WTF man?!?! Someone spike your plants with a metal rod? Growing trees?

Many strains yellow and drop leaves as they finish blooming. Completely normal.

You can boost the longevity of pots by going with a larger size or a deeper res. 5Gal pots take eons to dry out. Humidity, heat, and plant size make a HUGE difference in the amount of evaporation.

The funny part about the broken trimmers is, that plant had weak branches, and my hands no longer have a young man's strength. I'm just glad the broken blade didn't end up in my eye. I never found it. I ordered a two pack of some new ones with non-stick blades. I hope they can withstand my super strength adamantium reenforced stems ..

I figured the dying leaves were just the usual yellowing due to ripeness too. But alas it was my forgetful brain. There was a full water container and empty reservoirs when I went back two days later.

Thankfully the buds still seem good, the fan leaves on the other hand don't. I'm going to consider it "extreme flushing" and not let it bother me. I wish I could've just cut them down then, but company is coming today. The smell from the drying cotton candy, and my constant joints are enough for my GF to have to explain away.

I was in shock when I found the dry plants, so forgot to take photos. I won't forget tomorrow when I cut them down. I'm going to sneak away from the company and disconnect the light timer if possible. I've always been taught to harvest first thing before lights on for best terps.

Larger pots would've helped no doubt. I have to lug in and out all my water, so I tried to find a good size/effort balance. I think these 12" Bloem self-watering pots are good (once I removed the plastic insert). At the peak of the heatwave I had to water them about every two days which despite recent evidence to the contrary I can deal with. I'd love to take a trip to the plumbing supply store and get some of those pvc pipes like you've got, I think for about the same volume they'd have a lot less footprint which equals less overall hassle, and more plants, I'm all about that.

I’d love to take a trip to the plumbing supply store and get some of those pvc pipes like you’ve got, I think for about the same volume they’d have a lot less footprint which equals less overall hassle, and more plants, I’m all about that.

I've been pondering my choice of pot diameter lately. I really feel a 8" or 10" diameter would give me pretty much the same footprint space in bloom with the benefit of a much larger overall pot size. Radogast was doing some pot size calculations that had me thinking. I'd hate to scrounge up more PVC... but perhaps.

I've been pondering my choice of pot diameter lately. I really feel a 8" or 10" diameter would give me pretty much the same footprint space in bloom with the benefit of a much larger overall pot size. Radogast was doing some pot size calculations that had me thinking. I'd hate to scrounge up more PVC... but perhaps.

I kind of like the pots I have (mostly cause I already have them). My only issue with them is they are quite tapered so the top is much larger then the bottom, I can't fit three of them to a tray when I feel I should able to. You seem to have the perfect solution for that. Conflictingly one thing I really like about my pots is there is a nice lip which I drilled holes in to allow ties for training. But that lip is also what's keeping me from putting the pots close together. And let's be real with pvc pipes there is a litany of fittings and connectors that could easily be adapted make up for the lack of lip. How do those pressure caps work? Are they glued on? Have they ever failed? I'm sure I've already read those answers in your thread but don't remember reading much about the caps.

I've got 8", 10", and 12" pots and basically there isn't a big difference in terms of their actual footprint, two per tray. I can squeeze three 8" to a tray but they don't sit quite right.

I wish I had a better drainage system, I just have 1'x2' plastic trays that I drain into then pump to a bucket. I see people talking about automating their watering with all these crazy systems, trying to turn hempy from passive to active hydro to "make it simpler", I'd settle for a drain.

I think an issue I that slowly crept up over time is that I didn't have enough runoff when I watered. I only use nutes every other watering and tried for a lot of run off when using just straight water. I'm cheap and watching nutes go right down the drain is hard.

I'm going to cut these down today. You can see the drought damaged leaves. It seems like I caught it just in time to not do TOO much damage.

420-magazine-mobile1294565968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile862441973.jpg
420-magazine-mobile667632342.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1487699968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile641864827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile272574079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile538292672.jpg
420-magazine-mobile735262120.jpg
420-magazine-mobile906095463.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1946000003.jpg

Here are the four in the veg tent that will replace them in a few weeks:

420-magazine-mobile1927531379.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1937426689.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1167386185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1245378053.jpg

And the clone/seed tent
420-magazine-mobile2031145199.jpg

I got two of the four chopped down and hanging. One 1024 and one OG Kush. The other two I left in the tent they both didn't have very much damage from my forgotten watering.

420-magazine-mobile653243576.jpg
420-magazine-mobile564341543.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1948818485.jpg
420-magazine-mobile817331358.jpg

OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile2142185122.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1961462179.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2017059661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1962664708.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1693176760.jpg

And here is the drying tent. The one on the paper plate is the Cotton Candy from last week just drying a bit more before I had it.
420-magazine-mobile319658193.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1168091491.jpg
420-magazine-mobile852051287.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573042721.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2077830177.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2064482865.jpg
420-magazine-mobile622984157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile632132600.jpg

And that's it for today. I'll hopefully get a bit more growth out of the two left in the flower tent. Their replacements won't be ready for a couple weeks so I've got plenty of time.

Nothing much to report. I harvest the other two flowering plants, they came out looking real good. The weather here is crazy dry so I just broke out the dehydrator and ran it for about 24 hours then jar'd everything up. Man they look great. I'll do pictures later when I cut off some more stems.

Santa came a bit early and installed the solar panels, so now my house is powered by the Sun instead of my wallet. I think I might get a couple more lights, cause why not. I think if it doesn't get too hot I might switch my lights to be on during the day instead of at night. It sure would make watering easier. Now that I don't have to worry so much about using too much power I have a room A/C that I could put out there if it does get too hot.

I've lost track of what plant is what, I know all the seedlings but the clones all look quite similar right now. The buds of course all look quite different but I won't know for a month or two, it's kind of fun trying to guess, but I really need a better way of keeping records. I ordered some erasable labels so hopefully I will get it back on track.

I kind of like the pots I have (mostly cause I already have them). My only issue with them is they are quite tapered so the top is much larger then the bottom, I can’t fit three of them to a tray when I feel I should able to. You seem to have the perfect solution for that. Conflictingly one thing I really like about my pots is there is a nice lip which I drilled holes in to allow ties for training. But that lip is also what’s keeping me from putting the pots close together. And let’s be real with pvc pipes there is a litany of fittings and connectors that could easily be adapted make up for the lack of lip. How do those pressure caps work? Are they glued on? Have they ever failed? I’m sure I’ve already read those answers in your thread but don’t remember reading much about the caps.

I’ve got 8”, 10”, and 12” pots and basically there isn’t a big difference in terms of their actual footprint, two per tray. I can squeeze three 8” to a tray but they don’t sit quite right.

I wish I had a better drainage system, I just have 1’x2’ plastic trays that I drain into then pump to a bucket. I see people talking about automating their watering with all these crazy systems, trying to turn hempy from passive to active hydro to “make it simpler”, I’d settle for a drain.

I think an issue I that slowly crept up over time is that I didn’t have enough runoff when I watered. I only use nutes every other watering and tried for a lot of run off when using just straight water. I’m cheap and watching nutes go right down the drain is hard.

I’m going to cut these down today. You can see the drought damaged leaves. It seems like I caught it just in time to not do TOO much damage.

Great looking buds you been choppin baby!
Lemme hit some issues in your words....
I don't prefer tapered pots... seems like wasted space to me.
In my PVC pots, I drill small holes in the top (usually 4) and run electrical wire (romex) thru them for support. Usually I run a long wire between 2 opposite holes. The wire goes from one hole, up the plant to the height I want to support the plant at, then loop the wire around the plant stalk and back down to the hole on the opposite side.

Great looking buds you been choppin baby!
Lemme hit some issues in your words....
I don't prefer tapered pots... seems like wasted space to me.
In my PVC pots, I drill small holes in the top (usually 4) and run electrical wire (romex) thru them for support. Usually I run a long wire between 2 opposite holes. The wire goes from one hole, up the plant to the height I want to support the plant at, then loop the wire around the plant stalk and back down to the hole on the opposite side.

Thanks, nice idea with the support wire. I'm convinced I'm eventually going to have to find the plumbing supply store, and someone with a truck. Now as I'm really getting into the perpetual I'm disliking my tapered pots more and more. I just don't see any benefits whatsoever and many drawbacks.

Everything is looking pretty good. A couple days ago I noticed a few whiteflys in rhe veg tent so I sprayed everything down with insecticidal soap. I noticed today a couple survived so I might have to take more serious measures.

In the veg tent I am giving them 5ml of GH Armor Si, 5ml GH CaliMag, 4ml Rx Green Energy, 15ml each Rx Green Grow A&B per gallon. They are looking real nice. I've been training them fairly extensively.

OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile2008827818.jpg

Unknown OG
420-magazine-mobile228715679.jpg

Nukehead
420-magazine-mobile1012765568.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1907475565.jpg

In the clone/seed tent I've been giving them just slightly less. 3ml of GH Armor Si, 3ml GH CaliMag, 4ml Rx Green Energy, 10ml each Rx Green Grow A&B per gallon.

OB1
420-magazine-mobile1633976024.jpg

Unknown OG
420-magazine-mobile1720579675.jpg

Here in the back is OG Kush the middle is the solo cup 1024, and the front is Unknown OG
420-magazine-mobile248804610.jpg

Here is my 1024(blue) x Unknown OG cross
420-magazine-mobile434320735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile848322878.jpg

And here is the Unknown OG male clone, I'm trying to figure out how to get it to reveg but I haven't yet. It's also in a solo cup.
420-magazine-mobile1086022374.jpg

I visited with a friend and gave 1/8ths from 7 different plants. He really likes the 1024(blue), of course cause that's the one I don't have a clone of. He liked both 1024 phenos actually which is surprising cause he said sativas cause sever anxiety.

Both he and his roommate loved the Unknown OG. I have to agree but I love them all so I can't judge. I only smoked two joints of it but both put me to sleep.

I'm really liking the OGKush myself, it's super stoney but not sleep inducing like the Unknown.

He gave me these seeds which I am very stoked to try out 1:1 CBD:THC ratio which should be a nice addition.
420-magazine-mobile863612685.jpg

Thanks,
Dr. Doob .

I swapped the mars 300 for a new growant 240 light in the veg tent and moved the mars to the clone tent. So now the veg tent has two growants and the clone tent has two mars 300. I feel like it's enough.

Veg tent:
420-magazine-mobile1406341436.jpg

420-magazine-mobile169590210.jpg

Clone tent:
420-magazine-mobile2030131750.jpg

420-magazine-mobile495465186.jpg

So I found out the solar panels don't get actually hooked up until the 1st. So I guess That's when I will rotate these to the other tents. I'm going to transplant the four in the veg tent to larger pots today or so. Things are a lot easier to deal with now that I've switched the lights to be on during the day instead of at night. The heat hasn't been too big an issue yet.

I'm not sure what to do with these plants in solo cups at least one of them looks ready to burst if I don't give it's roots more room soon.

That Unknown OG male clone just keeps flowering no matter how much I cut off, it just keeps growing back and flowering right away. I have a bunch of pollen but I think I should still be collecting more cause I don't know how long a flowering male can live for. I'm going to move it to it's own mini box with a 15w led light on 24/7. It's only making three bladed leaves now which can't be a good sign. Ideally I'd keep it going forever to be able to keep backcrossing, but that doesn't look possible.

I want to keep it at least until I can pollinate a couple branches of the female Unknown OG clone. I very lightly pollinated the other one last round so I should have a few seeds of it already. Although I haven't found any yet. I did find some in the cotton candy which was in the same tent so I'm sure I'll find some.

I smoked another joint of it yesterday and it put me to sleep again. I smoke too much to be able to properly judge the high but gottam it makes me drowsy. Could be stress though, the holidays are especially rough.

I found a home testing kit for about $800 that supposedly tests for thc/cbd and terpenes. I told my work I need one for "research". We will see if it happens.

With the added light I figured I'd bump up the nutes slightly.

Veg Tent:
2.5ml GH Armour Si, 5ml GH calimag, 4ml Rx Green Energy, and 20ml each Rx Green Grow A&B

They are responding quite nicely to the added light.
Nukehead:
420-magazine-mobile56905092.jpg

Unknown OG:
420-magazine-mobile28886682.jpg

1024:
420-magazine-mobile849151931.jpg

OG Kush:
420-magazine-mobile1154725211.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of the clone tent but their nutes are now:
2.5ml GH Armour Si, 5ml GH calimag, 4ml Rx Green Energy, and 15ml each Rx Green Grow A&B

Security cam shot:
420-magazine-mobile1894418379.jpg

Went and checked on them today. They are loving the new lights. Drank a lot of water.

Veg tent:
420-magazine-mobile1708462437.jpg

Nukehead
420-magazine-mobile1007975752.jpg

Unknown OG
420-magazine-mobile1246218860.jpg

420-magazine-mobile713962889.jpg

OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile2091701690.jpg

Clone Tent
420-magazine-mobile1381128696.jpg

OB1 I think this one is going to be male
420-magazine-mobile1257449871.jpg

OB1 I think this is female
420-magazine-mobile1044944167.jpg

Unknown OG x 1024
420-magazine-mobile1968064465.jpg

Unknown OG male
420-magazine-mobile1877317465.jpg

Unknown OG
420-magazine-mobile1425461908.jpg

1024 in solo cup
420-magazine-mobile392742446.jpg

OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile586016913.jpg

And that's all of them for now. The extra lights seem to be doing great. I was worried about too much heat but these Growants run very very cool. I got two more to add to the flower tent when I finally get these in there.

Damn the power to the garage went out. I disconnected my lights and fans and flipped every circuit breaker and nothing. No circuits were even tripped. It's got to be something the solar panel guys did. The landlord said "it's just the garage so I'll get to it later". Which in this place could be a week or two. I've got to figure something out fast and stealth. I guess if I put up some Christmas lights then having an extension cord running to the garage wouldn't arouse too much notice.

Man I hate it when my "stress free life" gets stressful.

It just keeps getting better. They fixed the electrical, was a loose wire. How does a wire get loose all the sudden? But in fixing it they broke my garage door! Now they are out there watching YouTube videos to see how to fix it. -♂️

It just keeps getting better. They fixed the electrical, was a loose wire. How does a wire get loose all the sudden? But in fixing it they broke my garage door! Now they are out there watching YouTube videos to see how to fix it. -♂️

Oh no! Sending good vibes your way for a less stressful day!

Back
Top Bottom