Drying question

With that cheese try drying in the fridge! I promise you’ll be impressed with the results. Just cut down the plant, wash it, cut all the buds off the stalks, lay them out on sheet trays with roasting racks, and pop em in the fridge. Every 4 days bring em out for 2 hours and let them come up to room temp. Then after two weeks start checking the Rh of a jar full of nugs. Once it’s under 70, it can all be jarred and burped.

The best thing about fridge drying is that the temps stay steady, and the rh doesn’t really matter much.
I just may try that with lije half my plant. Its from RQS and man is she also a generous giver, so ill try some. Do u mean wash the buds lije under the sink???? Weird. Ill be hitting u up when the time comes

i just picked up a fridge for drying in, after a lot of reading and horror stories i freaked out about drying...!

slow and steady wins the race, ive kept my patience in check for weeks now, i figured a lo and slow dry seemed the least dangerous method lol

I just may try that with lije half my plant. Its from RQS and man is she also a generous giver, so ill try some. Do u mean wash the buds lije under the sink???? Weird. Ill be hitting u up when the time comes
Look for the thread on bud washing. You fill 3 containers with cool water. The first one has 1c/5gal of h2o2. The other two are rinse buckets. Swirl each branch around in all three buckets. Let em drip dry for an hour or so. Then you can wet trim and cut the buds off the stem. Then place them on racks, in paper bags, or even in jars with cheesecloth held on by the metal ring and pop them all into the fridge.

Lo and Slo wins for sure. I dried a couple colas from each plant of my last harvest the traditional way and put the rest of each plant in the fridge. What you get is a much more fragrant product.

Here is the link to the bud washing thread.
I also had never heard of such a thing as washing buds before I joined the forum but it makes sense so I will try it out when my plants are ready to harvest. Also the fridge drying technique will be the way I go too. Im on the lookout for a bar fridge so I dont stink up the kitchen fridge.
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Look for the thread on bud washing. You fill 3 containers with cool water. The first one has 1c/5gal of h2o2. The other two are rinse buckets. Swirl each branch around in all three buckets. Let em drip dry for an hour or so. Then you can wet trim and cut the buds off the stem. Then place them on racks, in paper bags, or even in jars with cheesecloth held on by the metal ring and pop them all into the fridge.
So fill my jars per usual then put cheese cloth over the top then put metal ring to hold it correct? Gonna try it

So fill my jars per usual then put cheese cloth over the top then put metal ring to hold it correct? Gonna try it
This is correct, except don’t fill the jars too much initially. Stick with 1/3-1/2 full. No more than that. Shake and tumble your nugs once a day also. Just to distribute the air evenly. That’s how I dried one of my plants. It took a week longer than on racks, but the end product is so nice. Smooth, fragrant, and lovely.

I also had never heard of such a thing as washing buds before I joined the forum but it makes sense so I will try it out when my plants are ready to harvest. Also the fridge drying technique will be the way I go too. Im on the lookout for a bar fridge so I dont stink up the kitchen fridge.
Have a knife day
StaySharp
Honestly, I just dried a quarter pound in my normal fridge with no smell issues what so ever. The first few days it stinks when you open the fridge but it subsides after that

Honestly, I just dried a quarter pound in my normal fridge with no smell issues what so ever. The first few days it stinks when you open the fridge but it subsides after that
I was told the smell of the weed will be absorbed by food in the fridge and vice versa. A small bar fridge is an inexpensive bit of insurance for the meds I've spent weeks and weeks growing.

I was told the smell of the weed will be absorbed by food in the fridge and vice versa. A small bar fridge is an inexpensive bit of insurance for the meds I've spent weeks and weeks growing.
In my experience it’s an absolute myth. But it makes sense you would go for a bit of insurance.

I just lost a whole harvest of Berry Bomb to mold during the drying process....I put them into jars too soon...even though they were drying in open air for over a week...like you said all this rain is fvcking up RH. No harm will come to them even at 69% as long as they are in your box...but if they still feel moist, don't jar them.

Another lesson I learned from it is to chop up the big dense buds...tendency is to keep them intact because they look amazing...but they dry much more evenly if they are cut into 1-2" sections.

I grew out some adat Berry Bomb, I still got two in flower now. Good stuff, tastes great and strong too. I made sleeping gel caps, double strength. 1 oz to a 1/2 cup that equals 30 minutes and out like a light. I've had buds in the jar and when I checked they were just too wet, so I laid them out to dry some more. Better to over dry the buds and rehydrate.
Sucks about that loss, sorry to hear that.

i just picked up a fridge for drying in, after a lot of reading and horror stories i freaked out about drying...!

slow and steady wins the race, ive kept my patience in check for weeks now, i figured a lo and slow dry seemed the least dangerous method lol

How's it going on the dry cure process?

Have a knife day
StaySharp

I was unfortunate enough to have gotten WPM during my first grow. I found a video by Jorge Cervantes on youtube and it's pretty simple. I needed to get rid of the WPM and there was no way I was sacrificing my first harvest in over a decade. Super simple and now part of my every harvest.

My harvest procedure, two barrels required.

1. Get plant
2. Mix bucket of water and water with h2o2.
3. Cut branch.
4. put into h202 bath and swish around (stirred not shaken...)
5. let drip out into same bucket annnnnnnd.... rinse in the next bucket, let drip.
6. hang to start drying process
7. finish that process any way you like.

I grew out some adat Berry Bomb, I still got two in flower now. Good stuff, tastes great and strong too. I made sleeping gel caps, double strength. 1 oz to a 1/2 cup that equals 30 minutes and out like a light. I've had buds in the jar and when I checked they were just too wet, so I laid them out to dry some more. Better to over dry the buds and rehydrate.
Sucks about that loss, sorry to hear that.

How's it going on the dry cure process?

I was unfortunate enough to have gotten WPM during my first grow. I found a video by Jorge Cervantes on youtube and it's pretty simple. I needed to get rid of the WPM and there was no way I was sacrificing my first harvest in over a decade. Super simple and now part of my every harvest.

My harvest procedure, two barrels required.

1. Get plant
2. Mix bucket of water and water with h2o2.
3. Cut branch.
4. put into h202 bath and swish around (stirred not shaken...)
5. let drip out into same bucket annnnnnnd.... rinse in the next bucket, let drip.
6. hang to start drying process
7. finish that process any way you like.
hadnt started yet mate, still a few weeks before harvest, just being prepared in advance lol

Shouldn't you rinse the h2o2 off I know doc does a 4 step wash when wpm is a problem that's a long ass thread over there that the recipe changes with time so don't use the first on

Its hanging. Ive got string running length of box so all the buds are perfectly suspended. Ive also got a small fan blowing not on the plants but. Across botom where theyre hanging. Its all this damn rain. Im putting an AC tonight whats a good setting. And they've only been drying 4 days that's not a lot for 6 ounces
I think your dry box is working just fine. My 1st. guage is when the tiny buds will first cleanly snap off of branch, with no trail. That's when I jar & start burping once a day for a week, then every 2 days for a week, and then just open once in a while. 62% rh is perfect for sealing the jars. Must be smelling nice round your place ? When the rh works it's way to about 63-64% and going down a little, every time you burp, install one 8 gm BP in bottom of jar fill up 90% with nugs, then put another 62% BP on top. Don't let it get below 62% !! And remember, if it's reading 69% in your box, it would be higher in a closed environment (jar). if you're really lucky, you'll get 7-8 days hang time in the box. The slower you can make it dry, the better !! Good luck !!

Hey man. I got my nugs all dried and in jars. Can i put a boveda pack in now or do i wait?
Do you have an rh meter? If you do I would stick that in there first, see where your rh is at. If you’re already right around 61-62 then yeah go for the boveda. If you’re higher than that I would just start the burping process and wait on the boveda

Do you have an rh meter? If you do I would stick that in there first, see where your rh is at. If you’re already right around 61-62 then yeah go for the boveda. If you’re higher than that I would just start the burping process and wait on the boveda
Ive got 2 hygroneters and 5 jars so i rotate. 4 are between 55 60% one is at 68 so i got that one open for a bit

Back
Top Bottom