Drying

the old "7-7-7 dry method" dry for 7 day at 70% temp and at 70RH ( Remember each strain dries and cures at a different times')
I cant keep the humidity that high here. I would need 5 humidifiers . All the bud is in jars now I haven’t smelled any ammonia so its ok I guess . I got some mini hygrometer today Im going to throw in the jars

What would you guys say the average drying time is ? My plants have been hanging for 2 days and im really worried about over drying which I did on my 1st harvest and had to make butter out of my entire harvest
When the smallest twigs will snap off, it's time to start checking them. I do this by filling one jar about 1/2 full, and insert an accurate hygrometer, let set for couple hours. You want a reading of about 67-70 % rh. If reading is high, then let them dry a little longer (ie but not too long) Then very slowly over probably two weeks, burp down to about 62% rh. I would lower your temp in the drying room to 50-60f, if you can? After burping everyday for about 2 weeks, then start once every 3 days for two weeks. And by now it's usually down to about 60-62% Rh. And even after that, I open all my jars of stored weed, once per week. I've never had any go bad from mold, doing it like this !
At 70-75f at 38% Rh, you're only gonna get 3-4 days hang time, lower your temp and raise the Rh to about 50-55 and you'll increase hang time to a full week or longer. the slower the better !! Smooth/with a defined flavor profile.
And like someone said, if you over dry it, you'll lose your flavor, but potency usually isn't affected ! Good luck !!

I got them in the jars just in time . Rh was 58% yesterday but today its 63% . My plants I jarred up 2 weeks ago still dont really have that smell were looking for . No hay smell or ammonia either so thats good . Give it a month or so if you can --- 2 weeks (15days) is when things start to happen -- 30 + days generally but some strains can take longer - 15 days is what is called a "short" cure give it more time another 30 days NO peak-e !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
62 is nice but 63 OK !!!

Back
Top Bottom