Dueling Purple Haze In Living Soil

Brudley

Purple Haze Journal
Germinated 2 Purple Haze Auto seed from Red Beard Seeds about 11/19,
Soaked in 50/50 peroxide/ph water mix for 24 hrs then into a wet paper towel in a baggie for another 24.

11/21 Both seeds had popped with nice tails, put into solo cups with Jiffy seeding mix with a little perlite mixed in.

11/25 Both seeds are out of the dirt, had some issues with leaves separating, one of the first leaves broke off one. Solo cups are in my nursery with ViperSpectra TC600 running mostly blue veg light with just a little red bloom channel.. I've got about 400-500 umols at the top of the cups. Its more light than they need but hopefully not an issue. They look great.

1638213078508.png

11/29 Both seedlings are looking pretty good.
image.jpg

Pot & Soil Details:
I have two new 5-gallon Rain Science grow bags with Coast of Main Stonington Blend, I added about 8 cups of perlite. The soil looks amazing, nice dark rich color. I'm excited to see what it can do by itself, but these two 5 gallon pots have Autoflower Living Soil in the bottom 1/3 as prescribed. I have one other plant going with living soil and its twice as big as anything else in the room.

Can you tell which plant has the living soil?
1638213552838.png

My intro thread and room setup here

image.jpg
Purple Haze Journal

Germinated 2 Purple Haze Auto seed from Red Beard Seeds about 11/19,
Soaked in 50/50 peroxide/ph water mix for 24 hrs then into a wet paper towel in a baggie for another 24.

11/21 Both seeds had popped with nice tails, put into solo cups with Jiffy seeding mix with a little perlite mixed in.

11/25 Both seeds are out of the dirt, had some issues with leaves separating, one of the first leaves broke off one. Solo cups are in my nursery with ViperSpectra TC600 running mostly blue veg light with just a little red bloom channel.. I've got about 400-500 umols at the top of the cups. Its more light than they need but hopefully not an issue. They look great.

1638213078508.png

11/29 Both seedlings are looking pretty good.

Pot & Soil Details:
I have two new 5-gallon Rain Science grow bags with Coast of Main Stonington Blend, I added about 8 cups of perlite. The soil looks amazing, nice dark rich color. I'm excited to see what it can do by itself, but these two 5 gallon pots have Autoflower Living Soil in the bottom 1/3 as prescribed. I have one other plant going with living soil and its twice as big as anything else in the room.

Can you tell which plant has the living soil?
1638213552838.png
Hey @Brudley great garden
I'm glad you doing a journal.
I'll follow along if that ok?
BTW I'm serious do you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

I am very safe, but your suggestion of a smoke detector a good one. Its on my list. Thanks.
I had a fire in my one of my rooms recently so I ask people about them I wouldn't want anything bad to happen.
Check that out.

Stay safe
Bill

I had a fire in my one of my rooms recently so I ask people about them I wouldn't want anything bad to happen.
Check that out.

Stay safe
Bill
Man that looks rough. What was the main cause of the fire? I’m pretty qualified in the electrical area as I’ve wired a house before. I added a new circuit for the room with hardwire outlets. I try not to use any extension cords but have one or two heavy duty ones in use with plugs tied up neatly. Definitely going to get a detector and extinguisher for the space. I’m growing on the down low so a fire would be a disaster for sure.

Man that looks rough. What was the main cause of the fire? I’m pretty qualified in the electrical area as I’ve wired a house before. I added a new circuit for the room with hardwire outlets. I try not to use any extension cords but have one or two heavy duty ones in use with plugs tied up neatly. Definitely going to get a detector and extinguisher for the space. I’m growing on the down low so a fire would be a disaster for sure.
It is a nightmare to go through fek fek.
OfficialWEEGrow sponsored light blew up.
In total I'm out over 30 grand from it.
The light company offered me $50 lol.
I'm glad your on board with the safety aspect already. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

So I’m thinking these ladies may have another week before I have the root ball how I want it before transplant. All that’s in the cup is jiffy seed starter and some perlite. Should I add some nutes to the solo cups? Perhaps top dress with a small amount of blood meal or bat guano?

So I’m thinking these ladies may have another week before I have the root ball how I want it before transplant. All that’s in the cup is jiffy seed starter and some perlite. Should I add some nutes to the solo cups? Perhaps top dress with a small amount of blood meal or bat guano?
Hi Brudley - hey, do you have a nute regimen? What are you using? They appear to be at the age where if it were me, I would begin week one of a nute regimen. Regarding your root ball, it's a little hard to tell. The cups appear to only be filled half way, so it'll take less time, obviously. I've learned a great rule of thumb about when to transplant is if you wait til the plant totally, 100% drains the cup to dry in 24 hours, that's when you go. Guaranteed success in my experience if you wait til then. I even used to use the scale and weigh wet and bone dry so I had a numerical reference to know what bone dry was rather than depending on my sense of feel. If any of that helps at all, that's my experience at least.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks to @Bill284 advice i added reflective fire rated insulation over all the wood with metal angle iron holding the lights. I also got two new smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher for the room. I feel much safer and light intensity went up! Thanks for great advice Bill, the push I needed to get it done!

Back
Top Bottom