Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

That's pretty bad. Unless they hand printed your shipping label I can't see the supplier being at fault. How Canada Post screwed that one up is beyond me. What's weird though is I did receive a package of seeds and I'm in Ontario! :thanks:
Totally unrelated though. Mine showed up today. I haven't opened it but they should be Original Glue.
They responded today and said wait another week. They may still arrive. If you got Do-Si-Dos, they’re mine
Hi dusted. How’s the girls doing today?
With the added light there was a bit of a growth spurt which resulted in a bit of fox tailing on the big Strawberry Banana. Even the ragged WW and SB#2 have grown. Cream Caramel is lovely but about two weeks behind the others which is weird. Damn Sativa phenotype.

Good to hear the plants responded well to the additional lighting.

LED lights sure have come a long way. I grew for a few years in the late 2000’s and they were kind of a joke back then because the light wasn’t nearly intense enough.. Ha ha things have changed!

Good to hear the plants responded well to the additional lighting.

LED lights sure have come a long way. I grew for a few years in the late 2000’s and they were kind of a joke back then because the light wasn’t nearly intense enough.. Ha ha things have changed!
I have looked at led’s for years but I refuse to buy a blurple light. I refuse to buy from Mars Hydro because they are Chinese who have really started to piss me off. Intensity has been a huge factor as well. Growing with 1000W hid’s spoils you with the lumens but kills on heat generation. These new led’s seem to have everything.

I have looked at led’s for years but I refuse to buy a blurple light. I refuse to buy from Mars Hydro because they are Chinese who have really started to piss me off. Intensity has been a huge factor as well. Growing with 1000W hid’s spoils you with the lumens but kills on heat generation. These new led’s seem to have everything.
I agree with ya and cracked up when I read “blurple” lol.

You reminded me of @oldsmokey mentioning growing with a 1k bulb before switching to the budget led. Seeing an experienced grower make that change really helped sell me on trying out the budget led lights. Love them for flowering.

My only problem is figuring out how to sprout and veg my plants with led’s. Can’t seem to keep the soil warm enough under them so I have to stick with my cmh setups for veg.

Day 47 post flip

Properly hung the new lights today. I am only running them at 90% since there seems to be lots of light now. I angled the new ones into the centre a bit since they are at the edges of the plants. Certainly provides much better coverage and penetration with many light sources spread out over a large area.

Strawberry Banana #1 is starting to look finished but there should be three weeks to go. The strain review said leaving them as long as nine weeks provides more flavour. Strawberry Banana #2 is OK but not a huge producer as expected. At least the Ca deficiency has stopped progressing. I added the CalMag again with the reservoir change today even though the manufacturer says to stop three weeks before harvest. The Cream Caramel really like the added light right above it. The buds are starting to develop nicely. The White Widow is runty and won't provide much either.

Holy fuck dusted save some punetang for the rest of us!!! Bravo brother

You reminded me of @oldsmokey mentioning growing with a 1k bulb before switching to the budget led. Seeing an experienced grower make that change really helped sell me on trying out the budget led lights. Love them for flowering.

My only problem is figuring out how to sprout and veg my plants with led’s. Can’t seem to keep the soil warm enough under them so I have to stick with my cmh setups for veg.
I've been starting my seedling with my cfl ,,, the budget,s are so powerful you can wreck your plants I vegged with the budget at the lux old smokey recommended and found i was only using half the intensity , but I loved the idea of being able to crank the knob up as they grew

Even with these lights and my pots on the basement floor I need to run a nutrient chiller. At 19 C the plants are a bit slower to begin with but quickly catch up.
Holy fuck dusted save some punetang for the rest of us!!! Bravo brother
Thanks man. Don’t die with money in the bank I figure. Not that I plan on dying soon.

Alberta just went into lockdown till the new year. Wow. No wonder the Premier was in hiding for the last few days

Hell yeah brother not gonna lie a little jelly fish of the lights ,,,, my old lady is mad because I dropped big bills on studded tires for the 450 ,,,, I told her it was for the numb bumb ice race at sandy Beach, but she didn't care,,,, did you mount drives on lights or else where?
The main 500 W came with the drive mounted to the top of the heat sink. The other two I strapped the drives to the top of the heat sinks. Cords across the ceiling to the wall where they join.

what is this 450? Ice racer?

The main 500 W came with the drive mounted to the top of the heat sink. The other two I strapped the drives to the top of the heat sinks. Cords across the ceiling to the wall where they join.

what is this 450? Ice racer?

Hell yeah brother not gonna lie a little jelly fish of the lights ,,,, my old lady is mad because I dropped big bills on studded tires for the 450 ,,,, I told her it was for the numb bumb ice race at sandy Beach, but she didn't care,,,, did you mount drives on lights or else where?
How’s the trike rebuild coming!?

Love my budget led had to get used to the large calcium useage. I also still need to run a chiller to keep the res temps on check. The new lites look great Dusted!

Hashfart are you entering that crazy race?

How’s the trike rebuild coming!?
I don't wanna spam dusted journal with my shenanigans , but let's just say the racing trike looks better then the 250r's the 1980 mullet man rode ,,,,,,ill post picks in the alberta lounge when I get a chance to take it out ,,,,, but for now heres a picture of me and a friend after a couple hash hoots on a old trike I put Harley bars on
20201126_055427.jpg
I'm the heavier fella

Day 53 post flip

I finally got the fungus flies under control. Mosquito Dunks didn't work for me though. I had to do applications of Great White every three to four days in order to break the life cycle. There are still a few emerging but the numbers are way down. Once all the eggs have hatched and the nymphs are killed I should be OK till summer.

I took a few shots with the macro lens. As you can see the Cream Caramel is way behind the Strawberry Banana. I hope this doesn't screw up my planned Jan 1 new grow. Speaking of which, I received the seed order today from TNSB. I'm not sure what that postal delivery notification was all about unless they trans-ship the order to a remote location to mail from.

Back
Top Bottom